• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design What ROOST and ROmod maps would you like to see remade in RO2?

Although Apartments is Tripwires remake of Danzig, i would like to see a more faithful version of it with a river which is only crossable by the bridges or by going the 'Frogger' route, has the tunnel/archway on the eastern side of the map etc.

As much as i love the RO2 Apartments map, i do miss Danzig. It was stupendously hard for the Russians to win but when you do win...well, it's usually a hard fought victory with alot of memorable moments.

EDIT: Also the map which was based on the Battle of Stalingrad russian counter-offensive, which involved the Russians starting in a ferry crossing the Volga and then making their way upto into the city. Can't remember what i was called. Was it just called Stalingrad?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sensemann
Upvote 0
I think a Volga river crossing map would be awesome. :3

For a future expansion or something, maybe it could focus on the Russians pushing the Germans out of Russia and back into Berlin in general!

Another idea is possibly some recreations of World of Tanks maps as combined arms maps. Like Malinovka (as much as you who play WOT will hate me for saying that, it'd be great as a combined arms territory map), Himmelsdorf, and Ruinberg.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As the creator of DerZooBunker for ostfront I am truly honoured to see it mentioned here ! Im very happy you like the map, its a shame I made it so late into Ostfronts life.

I will absolutely consider remaking it, but if I do it will be a while yet as we wait for content upgrades, a T3/76 and early Panzer 4 wouldn't feel very 1945.

Thanks everyone !

Upvote 0
Ouch, hit him where it hurts. :eek:

Looking forward to having a play about with the SDK when it comes out, and can't wait to see what maps and mods you guys all bring out. :D

Come on ladies, put the handbags away. I'm talking to both parties here.

Like Rodney King once said. 'Can't we all get along?'.

A larger sized remake of St.Lo would be fun, if there was an SnD mod created.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dangiz, Konigsplatz and Arad.

Would loooove them. Even more if TWI (or the community) completly remade the said level's in 1:1 scale, like the central square in Stalingrad is in RO2.

Konigsplatz was already on 1:1 scale - one of the first maps to do that actually. Fallenfighters was to be the other 1:1 scale map in RO:Ostfront at launch but didn't make it into the release back then.

Upvote 0