• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What about all the jerks?

Those are MAINLY the people that preordered without knowing what RO was or is about. I've actually seen people disgusted by the fact that their rifles were bolt actions. So much "OMFG bull I totally shot you dude. This game is so broken", "What a lucky shot", and any of that other trash talking crap. Between crashing and a-holes, the experience is getting exponentially worse.

16+ hours before the ranking was implemented, and now that it is I in I can't seem to find a good group of players. :rolleyes: Lol.

Upvote 0
Always knew this would happen. I had the same thing happen in the servers I play. This, Tripwire, is the reason why you should make games catered towards veterans a fair bit more. I'm all for more players but kiddy players is ****ing annoying.

A few months ago in RO1 servers, it wasn't this bad, players were mature and understanding. Helluva lot more cooperative too.

Well, guess we'll have to wait till the hype dies down and get our **** together.

Upvote 0
One of the many things that draws me to this game is how many people won't be playing it. Let me clarify; I want TW to be successful with this game but I also want to play with people who aren't here because RO2 is the next big trendy FPS game. One of my biggest problems with any multiplayer game is the community. There are so, so, sooooo many players out there who view games as some pissing contest and need to have some kind of affirmation that their skills are 1337. Running off at the keyboard and saying things to strangers that if they said it to my face, I'd knock their teeth in. I don't take them personally by any means, but it gets old after awhile hearing/reading the same crap over and over again. Shut the hell up, swallow your epeen pride and play the game.

Upvote 0
Had some moron butt stock me to the head 2 seconds after i joined a server yesterday.
He said i was camping lol and was his right to TK me if im camping :rolleyes:
When i explained i had just joined the server thus could not have being camping his response was a volley of abuse in my direction.
One born every minute i suppose.

Upvote 0
This thread is of no real importance, just a vanity ;)

After playing for awhile yesterday, I'm guessing we have a full blown jerk invasion into RO.. Or maybe because it was a holiday, a bunch of schoolkids were able to play.

Seriously... First map i get into, my squad leader was having it out with some guy who thought he wasn't using the mortars right. There were all sorts of sex-with-your-mom comments and stupidity going on forever and ever, to the point that people were saying "guys can we just play?" and then finally, people just leaving.

Then, I get into Grain Elevator for the first time. I have to admit, I was a bit overwhelmed (the map is awesome, but complex at first). I was shooting down a stairwell at a Russian when a teammate popped into the frame, bam, teamkill. Before I could say anything, I get "you stupid idiot." nice. Guess there is no need to apologize at that point, is there?

So next I play barracks, I'm upstairs moving from room to room and i get teamkilled by someone, on the run, hipshooting. No big deal. Believe me, I am a forgiving person. But before I can even type "np", I get "thanks for running in front of me."

Wow. Really.

This kind of crap went on all day. I'm going to start taking notes on servers and stuff so I know which ones to avoid I guess, but so far, they all seem like daycare.

Glad you posted that mate, I was thinking about it too. I was in that exact same game under the tag ubb-5 Burt, remember your name from the game. That guy going on about sex with his mom and all the other kiddies joining in was really pissing me off. I was also tk'ed a few times, np'ed and got a bit of verbal.

Mind you, wait til the deliberate tking starts just like it did in RO1. Maybe the honor system and remedial servers will deal with that more effectively. We'll see..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Heh, I was playing today in the apartments...I was going around with my friend when one person just walks up to us...Stands in front of us for like half a minute, And then just shoots us, So he gets a teamkill, and instead of saying "Sorry" He just said: "You retards, don't get into the way!"

I mean...C'mon...I bought this game for a mature community, Kids aren't supposed to handle realism!!! :mad::mad:

Upvote 0
It's not a WW2 game until someone on a server starts going on about how his grandfather used to kill Jews and was a member of the SS. That guy was around last night. Rather than play he'd go on about how his grandfather fought in the war as commandant of Treblinka. This kid then went on about how his grandfather actually died during the war because he was helping carry the body of someone that fell out of a guard tower and he slipped on the way to the ovens. I really hate people.

Upvote 0
Glad you posted that mate, I was thinking about it too. I was in that exact same game under the tag ubb-5 Burt, remember your name from the game. That guy going on about sex with his mom and all the other kiddies joining in was really pissing me off. I was also tk'ed a few times, np'ed and got a bit of verbal.

Mind you, wait til the deliberate tking starts just like it did in RO1. Maybe the honor system and remedial servers will deal with that more effectively. We'll see..

Thanks hekuball, glad you noticed it too, and it wasn't just me. I'm sure I'll get better at ignoring that stuff (at least until it dies down) but it does take away from the enjoyment somewhat.

Upvote 0
Whilst there clearly are some chumps playing the vast majority of time the servers I have been on seem fine. I've had several discussions with people talking about the game etc whilst playing and people seem interested in learning what the game is about.

Rather than whiners I can't stand the abusive commander types who offer no help with how to play or what objectives to aim for rather they shout abuse at everyone because it makes them feel big.

Upvote 0
a lot of people saw a new WWII game on the front page of steam who never owned RO1 and are causing issues in-game. They don't understand the TWI community and its seriousness when it comes to gameplay. They will disappear eventually like RO1 did, as someone already mentioned, but for now we're stuck with CoD fanboys who think they're hot ****.

Upvote 0
Then, I get into Grain Elevator for the first time. I have to admit, I was a bit overwhelmed (the map is awesome, but complex at first). I was shooting down a stairwell at a Russian when a teammate popped into the frame, bam, teamkill. Before I could say anything, I get "you stupid idiot." nice. Guess there is no need to apologize at that point, is there?
I had the same thing in RO1 this is nothing new, people yelled at me over voice coms for one tk.
Not like this is something that could happen once in a while.

Or people whining because their team doesnt play the way they want for about solid 15min.

Last edited:
Upvote 0