• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

strykerRIPWare

May 20, 2009
Alright everyone! Been a while since I've played this game but whatever.

I have a bunch of weapons made but as some of you may know from my last attempt to do a weapon mod (i highly doubt anyone remembers who i am), i know absolutly nothing about programing in the unreal engine and have no interest in learning. I do however think this is a great game and i would like to contribute to the modding community, so here are a few pix of the weapon i have done. Oh they are all fully animated so if anyone wants to take a crack at porting them ill be glad to share, provided u give credit where credit is due.

shotgun1.jpg

augss1.jpg

glock19.jpg

glock19s.jpg

makarov.jpg

makarov1.jpg

shotgun.jpg

shotgun1.jpg

augss1.jpg

augss1.jpg

Would you kindly tell how to animate that in blender?
Like, not really how to animate in itself but how to do it for the unreal engine?
I'm asking over and over again but no one answered yet. Mostly because no one who actually gets **** done uses blender.

So are there any restrictions on what constraints to use like inverse kinematics and whatnot, is there any specific way to place the camera so it matches the in-game PoV etc?
Or better yet, if those in fact are easily portable, could you upload a .blend so there finally is an example with a rig AND an animation that blender can freaking open?

Cause all I've seen so far requires 3ds max, the hands mesh had no rig, no texture and was split into 40 parts which makes rigging damn near impossible and I don't want to waste time on something that might just not work at all because of some restrictions no one has told me about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok so I've been busy lately but I finally got around to checking all my models and some of them aren't fully animated but I will be finishing the animations before I send them out. At the moment the lever action rifle , glock, and AUG are all animated, the shotgun is missing the select and deselect animations and the others need more some more aggressive work but I can probably have it cranked out mid next week depending on how much free time I end up having.

If you are a programmer and would like the finished models pm me and I will send them to you via Skype ( I know it sucks but I would prefer not to have my work just floating around the web).

Please understand that I have no problem with the use of my work for learning purposes or non-profit projects as long as I am given credit. If you are working on a project you plan on selling and want to use my work you can pm me and I will get back to you.

The models shown all use the same animation rig ( be aware its not a very friendly one) and you are welcome to reanimate as you see fit, I do use blender though so that's the format you will be receiving.

Upvote 0