• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapons suggestions

Not really - how many people do you think would be willing to donate to a paypal account to see a Reising in-game? If we were lucky we might get a couple hundred bucks, but I doubt it. The amount of resources (manpower and money) already sunk into getting this project to completion (by ourselves and Tripwire) would make that an insignificant amount.

Pardon me, I should have said an asset donation system, where enterprising modders come up with the assets for weapons they want to see inside a game and send it to you for approval, along with an "elder council" composed of trusted fan creators who debate how best to implement it in levels, modes, and create upgrade paths for the weapons.

There are a few game companies who have made their games much better than they would be otherwise be, such as the German developer Egosoft who make the X-Universe series of freeform space games published by Deep Silver. Without the contribution of modders (that get added to "official patches" and "stand alone expansion packs" of their games) the X-Universe series of games wouldn't be as expansive as they are now.

If that's too unrelated a genre of gaming for you, look at how popular and absolutely massive the Project Reality series of mods are. All of that by modders and various other contributors. I'm sure quite a few enterprising modders would love to see their work in your game if you put the word out.

And every little bit helps, in terms of donated money. Have you seen how absurd the amounts some projects have gotten on kickstarter? Even something like an informal "improvements fund" for fan-requested tangential weapons/upgrades (like the 20-round "trench" magazine for the Kar 98k or rifle grenades for the various bolt action rifles) could help conduct "feasibility studies" for those suggestions.

Upvote 0
Well I've brainstormed a few ideas and I decided to post them over here than on my thread in the General Discussion.

1. I'd like to see on the M1897/M12 Trench Guns (if they will be in the game) a selectable firing system where you could switch from regular single shot pump action to slam fire (which was used effectively on both guns in the war). More than likely using the currently fire selector key used in RO and DH (X for me).

2. This is going a step ahead but I'd like to see it where you can even select what type of ammo you want to use in the shotguns, buckshot, slugs, etc. This is just an idea but I think it would be really cool.

3. Another thing I'd like to see is your last resort weapon could be a fighting knife, like if you burn up all the ammo in your primary and secondary weapons.

Oh, and the M1A1 and M3 Carbines would be cool, too :)
If you read up on Guadalcanal. the marines were underfunded at the time. most of them had the M1907 Spring Field Bolt Action Rifles (which this game doesnt have) they also had the Water Cooled Bren Gun(wrong gun but you get the idea) slowly they got upgraded. at the time the purpose of the marines was being questioned so they were understrength'd

Upvote 0
I think what he's referring to are the 1903 springfield rifle and the m1917 water cooled .30 cal MG which have both been confirmed. It should be noted that even after the USMC started getting M1 garands some soldiers still kept their 1903's for whatever reason so I'm wondering if we'll get the chance to choose in the later war maps. Also the question about shotgun ammo is a good one, I assume it'll just be 00 buck. I've honestly only read brief information on them, I think it was battalions or regiments were supposed to have about 100 shotguns in a weapons pool in HQ to be issued according to the mission, environment, unit in combat, etc. I know some marines on saipan were issued shotguns because they were advancing against Japanese positions on one side while another unit was advancing from the other side, and so shotguns were issued to prevent long range friendly fire when the units converged that might happen with a .30-06 rifle. Osprey publishing makes some wonderful reading material if anyone's interested.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think what he's referring to are the 1903 springfield rifle and the m1917 water cooled .30 cal MG which have both been confirmed. It should be noted that even after the USMC started getting M1 garands some soldiers still kept their 1903's for whatever reason so I'm wondering if we'll get the chance to choose in the later war maps. Also the question about shotgun ammo is a good one, I assume it'll just be 00 buck. I've honestly only read brief information on them, I think it was battalions or regiments were supposed to have about 100 shotguns in a weapons pool in HQ to be issued according to the mission, environment, unit in combat, etc. I know some marines on saipan were issued shotguns because they were advancing against Japanese positions on one side while another unit was advancing from the other side, and so shotguns were issued to prevent long range friendly fire when the units converged that might happen with a .30-06 rifle. Osprey publishing makes some wonderful reading material if anyone's interested.

On Peleliu, combat shotguns were issued to flamethrower assistants, working as part of a two-man flamethrower team. The assistant was responsible for opening the pressurized nitrogen tank's valve on the back of the flamethrower and for covering the operator when in close contact with the enemy.

There is ammunition commonality between the Springfield '03 and the Garand, and I have heard of one Marine voluntarily electing to keep his Springfield even after Garands were issued on Cape Gloucester. Several unlucky low-priority formations also continued using the Springfield well into late 1943.

I'm excited for the M1 carbine, myself. Such a fun gun to shoot in real life... pssh! pssh! pssh! psshpssh-psshpssh!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not really - how many people do you think would be willing to donate to a paypal account to see a Reising in-game? If we were lucky we might get a couple hundred bucks, but I doubt it. The amount of resources (manpower and money) already sunk into getting this project to completion (by ourselves and Tripwire) would make that an insignificant amount.

Extra weapon = several extra models, skins, code, research, upgrade paths, audio, animations, balancing of levels (and modes) with them in, icons in the GUI on various menu pages, steam stats set-up etc. etc. At a conservative estimate that's more than $20K and, more importantly, manpower that we just do not have.
Was just thinking about donations today

Upvote 0
Japanese type 93-100 flamethrower for the japs?
japanese-flamethrower-model-93-model-100.jpg

Upvote 0
Which just runs the point of the American's having it as an American only weapon? While we are at it, why don't we make the Japs only have automatic weaponry, and let the Americans plant their grenades? :rolleyes:
Don't forget the Knee-mortar!
I would really love to see the americans beeing able to fire this thing from the leg, breaking their bones in the process :D

Upvote 0
Which just runs the point of the American's having it as an American only weapon? While we are at it, why don't we make the Japs only have automatic weaponry, and let the Americans plant their grenades? :rolleyes:

You make it sound like standard automatic machine guns, semi-automatic rifles and shotguns aren't enough enough for the US...

Upvote 0

No idea what you're trying to say here.. most WW2 armies (WW1 for that matter!) utilized flamethrowers, they are in no way a US exclusive weapon.

Upvote 0
No idea what you're trying to say here.. most WW2 armies (WW1 for that matter!) utilized flamethrowers, they are in no way a US exclusive weapon.

That said, the late-war Marine Corps fielded a flamethrower in every infantry platoon. The concentration of flamethrows in Japanese units almost certainly never even began to approach that figure.

Wonder how many flamethrowers there will be on the American team...?

Upvote 0