• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapons suggestions

MajorWonka

May 23, 2011
Well I've brainstormed a few ideas and I decided to post them over here than on my thread in the General Discussion.

1. I'd like to see on the M1897/M12 Trench Guns (if they will be in the game) a selectable firing system where you could switch from regular single shot pump action to slam fire (which was used effectively on both guns in the war). More than likely using the currently fire selector key used in RO and DH (X for me).

2. This is going a step ahead but I'd like to see it where you can even select what type of ammo you want to use in the shotguns, buckshot, slugs, etc. This is just an idea but I think it would be really cool.

3. Another thing I'd like to see is your last resort weapon could be a fighting knife, like if you burn up all the ammo in your primary and secondary weapons.

Oh, and the M1A1 and M3 Carbines would be cool, too :)

I suppose the M1A1 would almost be a certainty since it's nearly synonymous with the US army and depending the map I'd guess the trench guns could be in but of course on the larger, more open maps they'd be nearly useless.

I'd also like to see the Browning 1917 in fixed or maybe movable positions with maybe one person carrying the gun and someone else the tripod.

Upvote 0
I suppose the M1A1 would almost be a certainty since it's nearly synonymous with the US army and depending the map I'd guess the trench guns could be in but of course on the larger, more open maps they'd be nearly useless.

I'd also like to see the Browning 1917 in fixed or maybe movable positions with maybe one person carrying the gun and someone else the tripod.
Thats the thing with the Trench Gun, like any shotgun, it wasn't a good long range weapon but for close range it was deadly. Thats why Soldiers in WWI loved it for the Trench warfare and Marines in WWII loved them for the close combat in the jungles of the Pacific.

Agreed a Browning 1917 would be sweet to see, and with a multiple man crew would be even cooler.

I figure the M1A1 Carbine will be in the game but I just like it because it looks cool with that folding stock :D

But I just hope they don't do like in Darkest Hour where you couldn't put a bayonet on the Carbine even though you could clearly see it had a BAYONET LUG! :mad:

Upvote 0
Maybe by Paramarines, but not like in COD:WAW where everyone uses an "M1A1" instead of the proper M1 Carbine.
The M1A1 was only issued to paratroopers so probably ParaMarines would have them. But I figure they might have them seeing how Darkest Hour had the FG42 which only 3000 were issued. But as long as the regular M1 Carbine has a bayonet, I'll be happy. An M1A1 Carbine would just be cooler, I love the looks of it with that folding stock.

I'd also like to see an M3 Carbine: an M1 with an M1 infrared scope, used by the Army during the invasion of Okinawa.

I would also like to see the M1941 Johnson Rifle and Johnson LMG, and the M50/M55 Reising. The Reising was extensively in Guadalcanal as the Marines weren't issued the Thompson yet.

Upvote 0
The M1A1 was only issued to paratroopers so probably ParaMarines would have them. But I figure they might have them seeing how Darkest Hour had the FG42 which only 3000 were issued. But as long as the regular M1 Carbine has a bayonet, I'll be happy. An M1A1 Carbine would just be cooler, I love the looks of it with that folding stock.

I'd also like to see an M3 Carbine: an M1 with an M1 infrared scope, used by the Army during the invasion of Okinawa.

I would also like to see the M1941 Johnson Rifle and Johnson LMG, and the M50/M55 Reising. The Reising was extensively in Guadalcanal as the Marines weren't issued the Thompson yet.

The reason the Reising wasn't used much after Guadalcanal is cos it was pretty bad. I doubt we are going to go to a lot of effort to introduce a weapon that will only be used for one map. Sorry. Nevermind, though, there are enough US weapons to go around.

Upvote 0
The reason the Reising wasn't used much after Guadalcanal is cos it was pretty bad. I doubt we are going to go to a lot of effort to introduce a weapon that will only be used for one map. Sorry. Nevermind, though, there are enough US weapons to go around.
Oh, well thats fine. Its not something I'd miss but its something that would've been cool to see. Don't get me wrong I love the Thompson, but it would've been cool to see something else. I'm all about unique (some what) weapons :D

Upvote 0
Not exactly the kind of weapon people have been suggesting, but can we please have the bayonet attachment for the Type 96 and Type 99 LMGs? :D

No other nation in World War Two was crazy enough to place bayonet fittings on their light machine guns. This craziness must not go unrecorded!

Hmmm... maybe an achievement too for actually managing to get a kill with the bayo? :IS2:

Reactions: RoastinGhost
Upvote 0
Not exactly the kind of weapon people have been suggesting, but can we please have the bayonet attachment for the Type 96 and Type 99 LMGs? :D

No other nation in World War Two was crazy enough to place bayonet fittings on their light machine guns. This craziness must not go unrecorded!

Hmmm... maybe an achievement too for actually managing to get a kill with the bayo? :IS2:
That would be pretty sweet as well. I believe Germany had a bayonet for the FG42 that folded under the bipod. I guess you could consider the FG42 and LMG or Automatic Rifle, it fired full size rifle rounds.

Heck, I'd like to see a bayonet attachment for a bayonet :D

Upvote 0
Oh yes. They must include that on the Trench Gun. Thats one of the things I like about the Trench Guns.

Another thing that would be nice is if they model the U.S Bayonets after the M1905 and M1942 Bayonets (and the M1917 Bayonet for the Trench Gun and M1917 Enfield if its in the game), rather than the M1 Bayonet. The 16 inch Bladed M05 and M42 bayonets were more widely used in the Pacific to counter the Japanese with their super long Arisaka rifles and long Bayonets.

I'm all about Realism if you can't tell. That why I love the RO series so much :D

Upvote 0