• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapons suggestions

As you can see in the video it is a thompson with a keyhole sight. A lot of games use a different sight because it is probably easier to use but as far as I have checked the keyhole sight is in fact the correct one for the pacific war.

So happy to see the correct sight on the Thompson in an FPS. Almost every single other game has carved a v-notch in the rear sight or gone to similar lengths to make the sights more user friendly. Here in Red Orchestra land, we have no need for such crutches. :D

Upvote 0
I saw a post on here before about the japs not having an assault class i think they should just maybe limit to 1 or 2 with type 100 i know it was a really rare gun but I personally think it is a badass gun and with only 2 or 3 on a field it still wouldnt really balance the playing field.. but it would be awesome

but i would also like to see for japan:
type 26 Revolver
type 14 nambu (prolly in game)
i also read mp18 was used by jap paras maybe this could be put into game

US weapons:
m1917 revolver
springfield (i feel like this is really a must have as marines didnt get m1 garand till later)
Browning Auto-5

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is the Springfield just used as a sniper rifle in game or will we see it on early pacific maps?

284256_355215531227064_1427023381_n.jpg\

I'm no expert but that weapon on the left looks like a Springfield to me.

Upvote 0
The reason the Reising wasn't used much after Guadalcanal is cos it was pretty bad. I doubt we are going to go to a lot of effort to introduce a weapon that will only be used for one map. Sorry. Nevermind, though, there are enough US weapons to go around.

IIRC, it wasn't that the Reising M50 was a bad gun, it's that it was a bad COMBAT gun (such as the charging handle being under the barrel in the forward part of the stock). Kinda sucks it will never be added though, it really is a nice gun (and would have an ok upgrade tree, like going from the folding stock to full stock and adding the compensator)

Upvote 0
How about some revolver love?

the M1917 for the US, although used with secondary troops in WW2 it'd be a nice little addon for any revolver nut!

The type 26 revolver for Japan, the first modern (at that time) firearm to be adapted by the IJA.

Fun fact: Japan was actually a big fan of revolvers, Japanese officers had to buy their sidearms as it was considered sidearms were usually considered unnecessary, while most officers could only afford the heavily discounted nambu pistols, many rich and fanatical officers went out of their way to buy the very best in American revolvers, with the heavier, larger caliber ones considered the creme of the creme

Upvote 0
What about setting up a donation system? I'm sure that would certainly help you.

Not really - how many people do you think would be willing to donate to a paypal account to see a Reising in-game? If we were lucky we might get a couple hundred bucks, but I doubt it. The amount of resources (manpower and money) already sunk into getting this project to completion (by ourselves and Tripwire) would make that an insignificant amount.

Extra weapon = several extra models, skins, code, research, upgrade paths, audio, animations, balancing of levels (and modes) with them in, icons in the GUI on various menu pages, steam stats set-up etc. etc. At a conservative estimate that's more than $20K and, more importantly, manpower that we just do not have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0