• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon Movement?

mistincat

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2015
England
Hey,

Will the weapon models have any movement this time? In KF when you move forward the weapon would sway from side to side, but if you stood still and just looked around the weapon would stay firmly fixed in one place and it looked kind of weird.

Will the weapons move around more realistically this time around?

Hopefully not like Battlefield 3 where it feels like your character is standing in a giant bowl of jelly! But some movement would be nice.

Last edited:
Hey,

Will the weapon models have any movement this time? In KF when you move forward the weapon would sway from side to side, but if you stood still and just looked around the weapon would stay firmly fixed in one place and it looked kind of weird.

Will the weapons move around more realistically this time around?

Hopefully not like Battlefield 3 where it feels like your character is standing in a giant bowl of jelly!

In some moments of gameplay shown off, you can see the weapon sway while sprinting. We'll have to take a closer look to see if they move while not-sprinting.

Upvote 0
If I seen correctly, there was movement based first person animations. So based on where you're moving the animation will correspond to such movement, and hopefully that will include jumping aswell.

Now what I didn't like much in KF1, was that the weapon, and the arms were not in sync, as in if you hold your knife out, the knife slides across your hand slightly. I don't know why that was a thing, because in older valve games, they attached the weapon to the arm itself on the weapon_bone. Another speculation is that in KF1 the weapon and arms were animated separately...I don't know, I never touched the Unreal Engine in my life, just Source..

Upvote 0
Woah man, be careful with that kind of info.
I'm never going to unsee that.

I Lol'd hard on that response. It happens with a lot of the weapons, also with the L.A.W, when you take out that big boy, your hands slide and clip across the scope, its quick, but you see it. Oh and another thing, when taking out the knife /putting it away in zed time, the knife literally floats around the screen, its kinda funny :p

What I mean is, when panning the camera, the player arms/weapon model has some movement to it.

In KF when you pan around the model just stays completely static with zero movement.

Yea, that's in the game, probly watch one of the videos where they showcase some quick gameplay, its subtle, but you'll notice.

Upvote 0
I Lol'd hard on that response. It happens with a lot of the weapons, also with the L.A.W, when you take out that big boy, your hands slide and clip across the scope, its quick, but you see it. Oh and another thing, when taking out the knife /putting it away in zed time, the knife literally floats around the screen, its kinda funny :p
I actually noticed those those. For some reason they don't bother me so much.
The really big one for me is that on the MP5 you can see the spare mag floating next to the gun at all times.

Upvote 0
Wait really?? I don't really see it...I don't know where to look xD
It's upside-down the way it would be in mag pouch. You can see the base of it sticking up into the screen where the character reaches to grab it during reload.
It's easier to notice during movement when the whole model jars back and forth. Its shorter distance from the screen makes it stick out as not visually moving as much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not sure what you mean, but if you mean the kind of weapon sway what was in RO2... yeah.. no pls.

It was horrible tbh.
Are you referring to free-aim? That's an entirely different can of beans
2Q==
2Q==

Upvote 0
I think he means like how in BF3 your gun sways when you turn
except not like BF3
Maybe just something like HL2? That was the first game I saw that in, works well enough, although honestly I liked the BF3 version pretty well, the gun should lag behind abit as people will have a tendency to turn their head and then their gun.

This, although not quite as extreme as BF3..:D

Upvote 0