• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon In Progress - M249 SAW

halbridious

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2011
Michigan (USA)
Some of you have read the threads i posted earlier, but now for a more official announcement :)
There will be a new weapon in KF soonish, along with (hopefully) a new perk to go with it. As my friend (who did the model) and i are new to modding, this may take longer than usual. for that we are sorry. But phase one of the model is complete, so i thought i'd post some renders for you all.
Note: we are trying to add more mesh, as this is under 3k polys, so there will likely be alot more poly detail later.

Attachments

• approx. iron sights.jpg
    approx. iron sights.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 0
  • From the front.jpg
    From the front.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 0
  • left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 0
  • reloads.jpg
    reloads.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 0
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 0
sounds like alot of fun lol need to add more gore (especialy for the chainsaw), belt fed weapons are extremely difficult to Animate though :S

I know, i'm not lookin forward to it :/ If it gets too bad we can Stanag it, but thats not as much fun. Candlejack, will take a look at the stock. We encountered another problem, in that no-one quite seems to know what the receiver looks like when u lift that panel to reload XD Even other games don't have it. BF:BC2 just puts it in shadow :p So thats gonna be low detail right now, which we're kina sad about :(

Upvote 0
@Ivan and Sorrow - after talking with my modelerI think we're gonna do an ammo-box, where the chain comes out of the box, which means we only have to show, say, 6 links. And we prolly won't worry about making them disappear as you get low on ammo, maybe we'll have the chain disappear when your completely out, idk.

@Braindead - i thinks he was talking about how we need more gore in KF, especially for gory weapons like the chainsaw or a MG :)

@Sverek - Its an M249 SAW, made by FN, used by a variety of forces around the world. Not the Para version, which is slightly smaller, but the standard.

Upvote 0
I have an idea how to let the bullets disapear when it get empty, one after another :)

can use an "If" statement

not exactly sure how many bullets you'd see but 6 for example
If Ammo in Mag = 6
PlayAnim Fire 6
and same for 5 and so-on
maybe a bool would work, idk but that was the layout used for the USP

and yes Halb, that was exactly what I meant :3

Last edited:
Upvote 0
can use an "If" statement

not exactly sure how many bullets you'd see but 6 for example
If Ammo in Mag = 6
PlayAnim Fire 6
and same for 5 and so-on
maybe a bool would work, idk but that was the layout used for the USP

and yes Halb, that was exactly what I meant :3

Maybe rig bones to the bullet and check the magammoremaining and if its a certain a mountain set the bone scale to 0.0

Hmm, thats interesting. I might be able to impliment somthing like this for my Colt as an alternative to the current reload.

@halb

If you use a boolean it's just true or false, so when performing a IF function it's ok.

Although I can see there might be still be problems. For example my Colt upon firing the chamber is rotated when the hammer is pull back, but as soon as it goes to idle the chamber rotates back, if I were to implement a system simular to this I would end up increasing the anim file by 6x.

Unless, if I understand YoYoBatty right, I could use the code to manipulat the bone rather than use a preset animation? So in that case you could just make a bullet 'dissapear' by scaling it down to zero.

Upvote 0