• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Weapon] G36C

The Animation's are nice.

But why is it so Expensive, at 2500$ I'm not seeing enough to Justify that huge price tag.
The stats almost match the SCAR but by the looks of it I need to give it a little more umph. We'll see what I can do to get it to match the SCAR later as I got bits to do still. I will be giving it a slight more fire rate as it's ment to be less damage then the SCAR but faster fire rate.

After some more testing, we feel the G36C is lacking compared to the other assault rifles. Maybe giving it a higher rate of fire as well as larger magazine sizes for higher level commandos would even it out.
This is nothing to do with me as I can't alter perks to affects weapons.

Reactions: Thunder3000
Upvote 0
just test it, I would say nice gun!, but still has rooms for improvements ..

Just to suggest some points though;

1. The gun's size is too small ... in hand it seems like a "Toy gun" somehow ..
2. Firing sound needs more juices
3. 3rd person is not correctly visible.
Spoiler!

4. Pickup is not correctly visible ...
Spoiler!

still, it is a nice one, keep up the good work !

edit: add some pics

Last edited:
Upvote 0
leave for a week and miss a download for one of my favorite guns :eek:

Looks good, my KF keeps spitting at me tho ;_; as soon as i can figure out which of my gazillion mods is causing a problem, this thing is getting a thorough testing :D
Will be looking forward to your review. I need a good few reviews to try make this project better and as decent as possible.

Upvote 0
In real life, the G36 and the HK 416 are very close since the HK416 took the piston firing mechanism of the G36 and incorporated it into the M4 style body.

Also, there are two versions of the SCAR - L (light - 5.56 NATO rounds) and H (Heavy - 7.62 - like the AK47) in real life.

In KF, the SCAR packs more punch than either M4 or Bullpup, is close to the AK47 with a higher firing rate thus I think the SCAR is the H variant in this game.

You should balance the G36 to be faster than the M4 (old US variant) yet pack the same or slightly more punch than the M4 , but not at AK47 or SCAR levels due to the kinetic energy difference of the bullets.

I would make the G36 more accurate (less recoil), faster firing rate, cost a little more, but be nearly equal in power to the M4. That would make it a balance gun and still keep the AK47 (high recoil, lots of power) and SCAR (fast fire rate, lots of power) still balanced.

If you make the G36 expensive and high power, there is no need for the AK47 or SCAR. In real life, the G36 does not have the same power as either AK47 or SCAR-H. It is chambered for 5.56, not 7.62.

You can make a G36 with Beta C mag (100 rounds), add 1 more weight to it (for the high capacity magazine) and still keep it balanced. Just add another 1000 to it to convert it into a LMG.

The Russian Made 246 SAW can be the heavy variant of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A) betamag sounds like you COULD balance it -crazy fire rate with current spread and m4 damage
B) spread is ok, but recoil is crazy - either make a perk for it or drop it until you do please - i couldn't fire more than 3 shots on target when the site jerks like that :/
C) reload is kinda silly - before the mag has time to fall, you slide in a new one, which happens crazy smooth, then you just kinda touch the charging handle and it loads... I kinda prefer the *shake out the mag, jam in the new one, and rack that handle like a bauss* animations myself.
D) damage felt weak in comparison to the m4, but i was using a lvl 6 commando simulation :/

Upvote 0
Don't we have enough weapons for the Commando? With the IJC pack becoming official, I noticed that Firebug has a whopping 3 weapons. I don't know how it's done or if you can even do it, but maybe treat it like the MAC, incendiary rounds exclusive to the perk?
This isn't the sort of weapon to be for Firebug. To me, you have to make a sub machine gun for the firebug as the weight of it is much less then assault rifles which Firebug needs, less weighted guns that controls close combat.

Here's more of an update for the animations:
- Idle: 100% (2/2)
- Fire: 100% (2/2)
- Reload: 75%

I can say for sure this has been a much better version then the first. I will also be doing some changes for example the damage and fire rate so keep and eye out as this might be out today or tomorrow depending on how things go.

Upvote 0