• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Versus Mode... You Filthy clot... Now Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, has anyone gotten this to work on a dedicated server? I've now tried it on three separate installs, it NEVER works.

Update:

Here's what we've tried

KF-WestLondon.rom?game=awesomeclot.zombiegametype?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=12?Mutator=AwesomeClot.betheclot

KF-WestLondon.rom?game=awesomeclot.zombiegametype?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?Mutator=AwesomeClot.betheclot

Also just tried loading the mutator from a normal server start, NONE of these worked. I've also manually added the information to Killing Floor.ini, that doesn't work either. It won't run no matter what I do

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is fun although if you play specimen, you have no real incentive to win because once the humans are wiped out, it's game over.
Maybe a teamswitch if the survivors die or each round would be good.

Also respawn timer. Instant spawning is just to much.
Crawlers are also surprisingly strong.
When I firstly was a crawler I was al like 'hell no I don't wanna play as THAT. What's next, make me a clot?' and then I utterly destroyed player after player by simply hopping into their face like a madman.
Apparently you have one hell of a hard time hitting a frantic little basterd who keeps hopping all over you and who you can't outrun.

This is why I'd suggest not letting the players spawn as crawlers or to give that jump of theirs a cooldown.

Circlestrafing, bunnyhopping and attacking a player is also tremendously effective.
I'd suggest removing the possibility to strafe and attack at the same time.

The chance of surviving round 1 is also very slim for the survivors, I'd suggest letting the specimen only spawn as clots in wave 1 so the game doesn't end after 5 minutes.

One last thing, please let the survivors spawn with the knife instead of the machete or just don't let this mut touch the standard weapon config at all. You can always let another mut do that and this one's supposed to enable vs play, nothing more.

Upvote 0
This is fun although if you play specimen, you have no real incentive to win because once the humans are wiped out, it's game over.
Maybe a teamswitch if the survivors die or each round would be good.

Also respawn timer. Instant spawning is just to much.
Crawlers are also surprisingly strong.
When I firstly was a crawler I was al like 'hell no I don't wanna play as THAT. What's next, make me a clot?' and then I utterly destroyed player after player by simply hopping into their face like a madman.
Apparently you have one hell of a hard time hitting a frantic little basterd who keeps hopping all over you and who you can't outrun.

This is why I'd suggest not letting the players spawn as crawlers or to give that jump of theirs a cooldown.

Circlestrafing, bunnyhopping and attacking a player is also tremendously effective.
I'd suggest removing the possibility to strafe and attack at the same time.

The chance of surviving round 1 is also very slim for the survivors, I'd suggest letting the specimen only spawn as clots in wave 1 so the game doesn't end after 5 minutes.

One last thing, please let the survivors spawn with the knife instead of the machete or just don't let this mut touch the standard weapon config at all. You can always let another mut do that and this one's supposed to enable vs play, nothing more.

Bunnyhopping could be fixed by adding a "stamina" bar to ZEDs. So if they keep jumping the bar goes zero and you can't jump for a while and have to wait till it loads again.

I also found bunnyhopping very, very effective.

And blackcheetah, I found a bug that when human is controlling gorefast, and you are playing as humans, you can't see gorefast attacks, they just walks towards you and stands but u still take damage from them.

Upvote 0
Again, has anyone gotten this to work on a dedicated server? I've now tried it on three separate installs, it NEVER works.

Update:

Here's what we've tried

KF-WestLondon.rom?game=awesomeclot.zombiegametype?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=12?Mutator=AwesomeClot.betheclot

KF-WestLondon.rom?game=awesomeclot.zombiegametype?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?Mutator=AwesomeClot.betheclot

Also just tried loading the mutator from a normal server start, NONE of these worked. I've also manually added the information to Killing Floor.ini, that doesn't work either. It won't run no matter what I do

I start it successfully from the Web Based Interface Mutator list.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.