• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Update on the Beta - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people complain about this, Basically now probably will get the game on the 30th (or maybe not), the day the game was originally released, so DDE customers don't get the delay, while standard do!

What right is there to complain.

well becuase starting on the 2nd they kept saying the betas not delayed it will SOON then it would be VERY SOON so we have been on edge all freaking month it wears on poeple after awhile. And unless Obama changed it we still have a right to free speech

Upvote 0
I have not made 51 negative posts about a company and their product. Actually, I love their product, and I loved Tripwire until I began to feel I was being mistreated as a customer. As I love the game, I'm not getting a refund, but thanks for the advice, anyway.

just go and chancel..or continue to be entertainment..:IS2: Also you felt mistreated by the reactions to your inflammatory posts here...at leats it added to the "confusion curve"..:D

I have not made 51 negative posts about a company and their product.
i gather you dont belive in KARMA than ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Meh, I'm gonna take a break from following RO2 news.

There were a lot of indicators that things were picking up but that still isn't the case apparently. I'm not gonna pretend I'm not disappointed, but you guys have your reasons and we really can't say much to that.

At least it's understood that mistakes were made.

I feel like I want to block TWI forums for a week also, I'm literally wasting buckets of time doing absolutely nothing. So this might be my last post until monday or so.

Upvote 0
Why do people complain about this, Basically now probably will get the game on the 30th (or maybe not), the day the game was originally released, so DDE customers don't get the delay, while standard do!

What right is there to complain.

This.

Guys,they never said the beta date before,now He/They/TWI say the true date:30/8/2011 (possible 1/2 after).Date is on the way

Upvote 0
I understand Ramm's point about development not being a science and bugs that absolutely need to be quashed. That said, a more united and professional presentation of the team's intentions to the public would be a good goal for Tripwire's further development. I was less disappointed by the lack of beta. The majority of my ire came from the constant contradictions - "beta will not be pushed back with release", the interview with the French magazine (of which I forget the name), "beta next week, but no specific day." The aforementioned video saying that day or very soon.

So in short, thank you Tripwire for continuing to slave away on our beta, and you're welcome for the extra income for the deluxe edition. Perhaps a portion should be allocated to PR?

Upvote 0
No, you would have had a zillion threads about how 2 weeks is no real beta and a quadrillion conflicting posts telling the devs how to run the beta process and how, if they only listened to the poster, the game would be saved from ignominious oblivion.

There's already people posting about how tw should run the beta and that 2 weeks aren't enough...

Upvote 0
Well I never really played RO and come from an OFP/Arma backround but was instantly captivated by the recent gameplay videos and believing the hype of imminent release (beta)-bought the Deluxe last nite :(

Honestly I understand that the Dev's must have good reason to prolong the Beta release - I just hope they aren't waiting for perfection first as it is a Beta. Remember, in Arma world, Betas; Gold; First patch.....9th patch -we still got bugs :D

Anyhows I look foward to this game and good luck to the Devs on their gruelling last push.

Upvote 0
First of all, thanks for giving us an estimation. Although, I have to say I'm a bit dissapointed by this. I can understand how the game gets delayed for a week or two but when you announced that the beta would not be delayed that made my day. Since it is the last phase of the beta and this close to the release date I'm afraid it's hardly a beta. What kind of feedback can one offer and expect it to be fixed on release in a such short period of time ? (unless this is a server stress test of sorts and it would still be late do considrable overhaul) I've paid extra for this ''early demo'' because I'll be on a busy schedule at release. Tripwire is hardly a small indie company/modding team anymore, this has been an example of lack of coordination with the community and bad planning in my opinion.

Upvote 0
Well I never really played RO and come from an OFP/Arma backround but was instantly captivated by the recent gameplay videos and believing the hype of imminent release (beta)-bought the Deluxe last nite :(

Honestly I understand that the Dev's must have good reason to prolong the Beta release - I just hope they aren't waiting for perfection first as it is a Beta. Remember, in Arma world, Betas; Gold; First patch.....9th patch -we still got bugs :D

Anyhows I look foward to this game and good luck to the Devs on their gruelling last push.

Froggy....you don't happen to be a member on SimHQ do you?

Upvote 0
I think the whole buy preorder deluxe edition get beta thing just turned into an entire mess for you guys. maybe you shouldnt have made people pay extra money for the beta? I mean whatever happened to devs just wanting people to preorder and getting perks for that? I think maybe it should have been preorder ro2 and get beta access a week early and if u want unlocks and other stuff then you get the de. just a thought. thanks for the news though and you can keep my ten extra bucks. I bet you guys are busting your *** and I for one appreciate you taking the time to talk to the community this way. and can the closed beta testers please stop throwing themselves at people? I see the same few guys with over 1k posts just crying and moaning at people that are expressing the way they feel about the entire situation.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.