• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Twisted Christmas 2 Starts Here!

Bring Back the Old Textured Scope!

Bring Back the Old Textured Scope!

oh plus one more thing im not sure if anyone has said anything about this but when u aim down the sight with the crossbow the sight disappears im not sure if it was just a weird bug that happened just to me or its happening rite now to others also.

I'm having this same problem. It happens when you use the Textured version of the scope. This without lines is very useless...like a hipshot, but in zoom. I switched to the other scope versions, but I'd much rather have the old Textured scope back because I prefer the black on the outside instead of the movement around it. It also helps to cut down on any graphics lag so I'm sure a lot of players would also like this feature added back.

Upvote 0
Some bugs:
- Now you may get Ice Cave map archivement even on short game at any difficulty
- Now you can't get old achivements by using new weapons (E. g. if you kill xmas husk with magnum you don't get "Who bring a gun to a snowball fight")

Neither of those are bugs. However the writing for the achievement may need to change.

Upvote 0
Great, great update! I cannot believe you guys are still continuing to update this amazing game, and you've done it really great this time. I absolutely love the new weapons. Even if some aren't better than old ones - alternatives are always good. As myself being a medic, I absolutely adore the new MP5.

Thanks a lot for these updates Tripwire! :)

Upvote 0
If you hadn't noticed, the Killing Floor Twisted Christmas 2 update is now rolling out (at 1:15pm in Roswell, GA) - so your Twisted Christmas officially starts... NOW! Go play!

Btw, was this intended? After this xmas update whenever u zoom in xbow to aim its full screen zoomed without any scope crosshair or anything, there is still wording on left side in middle saying zoom 2.5 but thats it nothing else just full screen.... seems like something is missing, this occurs regardeless of perk and I confirmed it with few other players.... is that a bug or intended?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was crazy stoked about this update. A new level & new weapons! That is freakn great.

Then I read that weapons now disappear between rounds.... That is a huge game changer. You can have the new weapons, the level, the Xmass event, eveything back. Just fix the disappearing weapons problem.

Seriously, I don't want the update if gear is not going to stay through rounds anymore. That is terrible. Save the memory somewhere else if you have to.

Upvote 0
Just fix the disappearing weapons problem.

People ALWAYS have something to complain about with TWI and that will always be an extremely minor thing, such as this. This always creates a dilemma such as this; shall we save memory and increase performance whilst dissatisfying our customers, or shall we leave it in and let the lower-moderate end comuter users suffer?

Upvote 0
I was crazy stoked about this update. A new level & new weapons! That is freakn great.

Then I read that weapons now disappear between rounds.... That is a huge game changer. You can have the new weapons, the level, the Xmass event, eveything back. Just fix the disappearing weapons problem.

Seriously, I don't want the update if gear is not going to stay through rounds anymore. That is terrible. Save the memory somewhere else if you have to.
I have a feeling that you understood wrong.. I am hoping though that I understood right. This "problem" doesn't mean that they disappear from your inventory, but from the ground so that you can't stockpile them. So no, if you buy a .44 Magnum on wave 2, it won't just "vanish" in the start of wave 3...

Upvote 0
I had been hoping for a weapons update for a while now but I never really expected to get one.

My thoughts on the update:
The M4 Carbine seems like a nice counter to the AK47, a little less power while being more precise. The sight blocks your view a little to much though.

The claymore is nice, sure it's not fast enough to get zed chains but it has a lot of power behind it.

Husk gun is a lot more fun then should be allowed. I'm glad the firebug now has a tier 3 weapon

The MP5 medic gun is a nice addition to the medic arsenal. I ran a solo game with just the mp5, and the m32 & pipe bombs for the big guys. It makes the medic class much more useful in combat without having to rely on other non class weapons. All the medic needs now is a tier 3 weapon, perhaps an assault rifle + dart gun

The M4 203 is by far my favorite addition. It makes playing as a demo so much more fun and feasible. I play as support until I can afford the M4 203 then use that until I can get the m32. The m4 203 then makes a perfect backup gun to the M32. You can kill up close while still keeping a grenade launcher handy

The combat shotgun is a great alternative to the hunting shotgun (that I never was a fan of)

I'm disappointed that we don't have a scoped third tier weapon for the Sharp Shooter although I don't see anything wrong with the 44 mag. I'd settle for a red dot or an Acog on the EBR because the iron sights just don't cut it.

Upvote 0
I think the claymore is kinda useless compared to the katana, unless the claymore had an AoE effect somewhat, being able to kill more than just one specimen at once. Also the .44 Mag only benefits a sharpshooter by cost, not damage it would seem. Although it does say that they get increased pistol damage now, why would you list it specifically in discounts and not damage :confused:, which leads me to believe that pistols is just the 9mm. Just some thoughts.

Upvote 0
Ok so having actually played a bit now, and played seriously, I have some more thoughts.

The most important one is WHY ARE A LOT OF WEAPONS UNDER 3 NOW INSTEAD OF 4? This may seem like a minor change but it's actually really irritating! If you're someone like me who uses the numbers to select your weapons, having weapons in the same category can be REALLY frustrating. Why were the Medic guns moved to 3? There's no reason for it. The Medic rarely has any other weapons under 4, but often has a LAR under 3. I would much prefer to use 4 to select my Medic gun and 3 to select my LAR. Likewise with the Flamethrower; you can carry either it or the Husk cannon, so why have only one of them under 4? It makes far more sense to have both under 4, then no matter which of them you have, one weapon is selected by 4, and your MAC10 is selected by 3.

Now, the MP5... I don't really see what the point of it is. It seems just like the M7P. I'll play around with it more, but right now it seems kinda pointless. Also I'm a little disappointed that the Medic weapons are more expensive now.

Yoshiro said:
Neither of those are bugs. However the writing for the achievement may need to change.
Does that mean that you can earn the Achievements for Ice Cave on any game length? Does that apply to other maps or just Ice Cave? And if I may ask, why allow earning the Achievement on game lengths other than long? That's certainly something unexpected.

Upvote 0
Loving the update, not sure how I feel on the weapon disappearance change but there are two things I'm worried about, first being that I am unable to get the "We Have Ourselves a Cowboy" achievement, I have had the required guns on two separate occasions on different maps and the achievement did not unlock.

Also, this may be owing to the fact that I have not reached level 6 firebug yet (last perk to level), but at my current level 4 the Husk Cannon seems vastly underpowered. It seems like I am paying a huge amount of money for a weapon that doesn't do a particularly large amount of damage and is somewhat useless if not charged.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The most important one is WHY ARE A LOT OF WEAPONS UNDER 3 NOW INSTEAD OF 4?

Hi

I don't normally post in forums, but I thought I would add my frustration to the medic gun being moved from 4 to 3. Played last night and found it annoying and I was having trouble switching between weapons.

With the guns disappearing because of memory issues, would it be possible to have this as a server option? I play LAN games regularly with my friends and we all have fast PC's with 2-4GB of RAM. I would like the option to leave this switched on for my server.

It would be nice if when an update happens we were given a list of changes when we next start the game or on the Steam news page. That way we would know about them instead of thinking they are bugs.

:)

Thanks

Upvote 0
*Sigh*... YOYO, I'll not waste my time replying to immature prattle.

Finn, no I did not misunderstand. I am upset, because this really changes how the game is played if you relied on weapons staying. That was something that really pleased me about this game. I would often stockpile flame throwers for ammo, or have alternate loadouts laid out for use in other rounds. Not to mention dieing just got more costly, but this one bothers me the least. Now if you switch from Support to any other class you will loose gear (before you could have stuck it in a corner for later).

Reactions: Eureka
Upvote 0
*Sigh*... YOYO, I'll not waste my time replying to immature prattle.

Finn, no I did not misunderstand. I am upset, because this really changes how the game is played if you relied on weapons staying. That was something that really pleased me about this game. I would often stockpile flame throwers for ammo, or have alternate loadouts laid out for use in other rounds. Not to mention dieing just got more costly, but this one bothers me the least. Now if you switch from Support to any other class you will loose gear (before you could have stuck it in a corner for later).

Hellrazer

I cannot help but agree with YoYo on this point as if you remember last year, the Xmas update used so many memory resources that some people had really poor fps when playing it, especially the guys who have older machines.

Isn't this small sacrifice worth it to have better game play for all?

I am quite positive that the devs will reinstate this after the update but for now, trust their judgement and be happy that we have been given such nice additions to the game.

Reactions: Eureka
Upvote 0
I would not expect it to be reinstated after the update. I think the change was to compensate for the added weapons.

A really simple fix (well maybe simple, I don't know how hard the code would be) would be a whitelisted weapons stay mutator. That way older computers could still play & people with the ram to spare would have the option of maintaining the old play style on servers using the mutator. I would be perfectly happy with that (would just add it to my server).

Upvote 0