• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO2 "Work In Progress" Video/Image Thread - All Welcome!

I played Coldsteel yesterday afternoon for a hour and a half maybe, i liked the map a lot, great work. I noticed only one glitch - when i tried to deploy MG on a sandbag it bounces on it and sometimes throws me few meters avay from it..

Well that was one of the problems we faced. Did you play on the TDP server ? Otherwise I will give them the latest files.
As all of this did not happen while playing off line. All issues are posted here. Present version have 5 objectives and shorter rundistance.

Upvote 0
Yes, i played on a TDP server, i cant remember for sure but i think when i played there were 4 objectives? 3 down in a line and 1 up ( first )..
I played russian, and it happened to me while defending first objective, after spawn i runned trouhg door and than to the left - few doors there - and after that is a exit from the building - when you come out, there are low sandbags to the left ( it bounced me off there ) looking at building across the way.
First i couldnt mount because my MG was jumping constantly, i tried to redeploy and then it bounced me off backwards few meters bit it didnt kill me.

Upvote 0
Noob update time!

I finished building the warehouse, but when I went to measure it I realized it was only 60.0 m long! So I decided to build a completely new one from scratch. It wasn't really all for waste since I made a lot of mistakes in the first one.

Old Warehouse
Spoiler!

New Warehouse
Spoiler!

I am not well acquainted with WWII history, so I don't know how believable a 100.0 x 30.0 m warehouse in the middle of a forest would be. Is this too unrealistic a scenario?

Upvote 0
As nice as it looks...did you just make one building and copy and paste it everywhere?

Well in BFBC a game by a big developer they did the same and nobody seemed to care. They used the same stuff over and over and they even bothered to fill these houses with anything. Its helps optimization.

It looks nice and I like the rural look. Reminds to to that rural BFBC map. Its large and it will shout for trooptransport

As players really wont like to run for 45 seconds and die to run the same distance again.
5 Squadleaders will help as chances indrease that one of them is alive and people will spawn on them.

My comment might be that the majority of these rocks feel a little bit
out of the place compared to the flat areas. There are huge flat areas among these rocks.
Its almost like Ayers rock. Maybe some more heigtdifference in the terrain will take away that feel and it
will add more variation and cover for infantry to.

ayers_rock_uluru_1.jpg

While on other areas I see you did it better with some ooutline hills with trees.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks great Wolverine, here are my suggestions:
  • Add a bit of variety to the buildings
  • Tweak the lighting a bit, color looks a little off
  • Add some nice trenches and HMGs for some defence
  • Engineer objectives? Maybe tank traps that can be blown up
  • some bushes for concealment
  • See if you can get permission from Six-Ten to use the grain fields from Ogledow, they'd be great here and there to add a little bit of concealment
  • Add a bit of destructibility so tanks don't get stuck on everything

It doesn't have to be a direct port of the RO1 map, I think we should tweak some parts to make them more viable for RO2

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This has been my favorite go-to thread for the past month or so here, besides the TWI "WWAUT" threads. Keep it up, guys.

Well in BFBC a game by a big developer they did the same and nobody seemed to care. They used the same stuff over and over and they even bothered to fill these houses with anything. Its helps optimization.

That is because said houses were destructible, which isn't necessarily the case here. Not for nothing but people did complain about that as well, it was all over the EAUK forums at the time.

Upvote 0