• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO2 "Work In Progress" Video/Image Thread - All Welcome!

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Great to see people are still working hard on creating some new maps. I have been sidelined for the last 3 months as my PC went tits up...all fixed now and ready to hopefully finish the Eagles Nest. I am thinking a couple more weeks but the part I probably will need some help on is taking from SDK and making it available on a server. I'll post a new video in the near future with some footage....again great job everyone.

Upvote 0
That's a lot of praise for a textured tube with some pipes in it. :D Thanks for the encouragement.

If I can get the stepping-up issue sorted out and learn how to get 3ds Max's UVW pixel snapping to work, then I think this sewer map will have a much higher chance than Novoya of making it to the playable stage.

Good work there mate, just wondering why did you stop working on Novoya? It looked great.

Great to see people are still working hard on creating some new maps. I have been sidelined for the last 3 months as my PC went tits up...all fixed now and ready to hopefully finish the Eagles Nest. I am thinking a couple more weeks but the part I probably will need some help on is taking from SDK and making it available on a server. I'll post a new video in the near future with some footage....again great job everyone.

Good to see you back here Shaken :)

Upvote 0
Sewers are nice but don't let them be the main theme. It will be a
maze soon with only sewers. I would take out the electric light.
Or add a generator.

Another serious advice is this. I understand you where working on that
wintermap. And you did quite some work for that one.
Now you started a new project without finishing your first project.

Beware of the I start but not finish syndrome.

Reactions: Nylle
Upvote 0
Yeah, I think you're right about taking out some of the lights. A sewer in wartime, especially Stalingrad, should be dark and out-of-commission. This one looks too new.

I definitely know what you mean about the "start but never finish syndrome". It's a problem for me with these kinds of things. I switched over to working on this sewer map because I was really noticing the performance issues of running a huge forest map, and I didn't like that it wasn't actually a Stalingrad sort of battle. I thought a confined sewer setting would be easy on the slower machines. Hopefully I'm not lying to myself this time.

Good work there mate, just wondering why did you stop working on Novoya? It looked great.
Yeah, I feel kind of bad about making a thread about it, but basically several unexpected problems came up and I realized that making a huge forest map can be very GPU-intensive and very impractical for a complete beginner like me to the UE3 engine. I ended up having to delete almost all my work to fix some of these problems. I might come back to work on it later, once I feel more confident about my mapping abilities. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, I feel kind of bad about making a thread about it, but basically several unexpected problems came up and I realized that making a huge forest map can be very GPU-intensive and very impractical for a complete beginner like me to the UE3 engine. I ended up having to delete almost all my work to fix some of these problems. I might come back to work on it later, once I feel more confident about my mapping abilities. :)
nooo.gif

Reactions: Nylle
Upvote 0
Ok, so managed to get the weather to where I'm happy with it. This is my new map. long way to go, but it's a start.

"Counter Attack" Map contest entree. TE-Kriegszeit

WIP - TE-Kriegszeit
Looks great. Was that some kind of dynamic lighting I saw? I also worry about the performance. How many FPS do those awesome effects cost?

Upvote 0