• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO2 "Work In Progress" Video/Image Thread - All Welcome!

Thanks man :D

yeah!!! while at work today i was thinking to my self how cool it would be to get home today, and see a full blown SDK ready for download......but then quickly realized this is TWI were talking about. :rolleyes:

Sure enough...I get home and check. guess what???? noting :eek:

sad thing is a team of about 7 people released a game called "Dungeon Defenders" with full SDK support, T/C and all. and you have TWI like 3 times the man power...and what we get? you may ask?? a "preview version"..... how sad! :(

You can't compare these two games.

And besides that what do you expect to do when you have the full SDK ?
Pump out a map in two weeks ? There is enough you can do right now.

Upvote 0
I think they mentioned once that it will be ready before X-mas.

@op
Great work dude, are you planning to remake any ro:eek:st maps?

Thank You Polshevik ! Not really ROost map...like i said "loosely" based. it will be completely different gameplay. Just the idea of open terrain ;)

You can't compare these two games.

And besides that what do you expect to do when you have the full SDK ?
Pump out a map in two weeks ? There is enough you can do right now.

You sir!!!! couldn't be anymore wrong!!!!!! Yes, its completely a different game, however they both use the Unreal Engine (UDK). DD's engine might be few version back from ro2.....only difference.

and yes, i can pump a map out in 2 week. i have enough understanding of the editor to do so. i have a fast/quick work flow.

Trust me if the copy/paste crap hadn't broke, i'd probably have a map for beta testing already.

Upvote 0
You sir!!!! couldn't be anymore wrong!!!!!! Yes, its completely a different game, however they both use the Unreal Engine (UDK). DD's engine might be few version back from ro2.....only difference.

and yes, i can pump a map out in 2 week. i have enough understanding of the editor to do so. i have a fast/quick work flow.

Trust me if the copy/paste crap hadn't broke, i'd probably have a map for beta testing already.

With that knowledge and workspeed you could consider to lend TWI a hand.
Meeanwhile me and with me I guess a plenty of others will wait full of excitement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike_Nomad and Harb
Upvote 0
10 Pine Trees

10 Pine Trees

10 low poly pine trees.

Spoiler!

Reactions: Harb and Matkailija
Upvote 0
I thought you quit?

Other than that, nice looking trees :p

I did quit ;). Quit asking TWI on somethings they can't deliver. I've come to conclusion, and realized that TWI has Taken a "bigger bite than they can chew" this time around. Or as others would say...."They wrote a check with their mouth, that their arse cant cash!" So yes....I have quit :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
The grass terrain material looks too upscaled compared to the bushes.
I'm with you there, what trick do you usually use to mask this? Do you simply use a texture coord to up/downscale the texture sample?

Very nice, I really like it. I have just one question, what kind of a map will it be,a tank map, combined arms or infantry only?
Thanks for the comment.
I was thinking about this aspect recently, and haven't yet made a final choice.
From an historical point of view and fun factor I'd like it to be a combined arms map, the thing is a lot of peeps find the AI hull gunner very annoying and frustrating. A nice tank mutator could easily fix this tho ;)

Upvote 0
I'm with you there, what trick do you usually use to mask this? Do you simply use a texture coord to up/downscale the texture sample?

Mask? Just find the terrain material inside your map package and change the tiling. If the tiling is too noticeable you could use some distance based blending with some kind of macro texture. Or use decals, or other decorative meshes, like grass as decolayer.

Btw, what kind of lighting have you got there?

Upvote 0