• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO2 "Work In Progress" Video/Image Thread - All Welcome!

There is something with the light but I don't know what.
Might be the brightness ? Or the the lack of distance fog.

The Pill box feels a little bit of. The clean bright grass and sand and
then the dirty sandbagged pillbox don't really match up.
You might use these sandbags to reinforce one of these barns.

This ^^^^^^

LeO, you mind posting or pm'g me screen shot of you lightmass settings in world info? and of your dominant light? i'd like to see what your set up is?

Upvote 0
yeah I know something is not right with my light setup, I've been trying to fix it with Xendance's help but it's still not really there yet.

There is a distance fog tho but I guess I should make it a bit stronger :)

I noticed that some of TWI meshes look way too dark in my map, wonder if it is because most of TWI maps have a very dark ambiance. I'm trying to fix it by changing the settings of the mesh themselves (diffuse boost + Occlusion fraction sample) will see if I get to something I like.

Also my terrain + light is in a level and all the static meshes are in another level but I don't think this would cause any problems?

I'll post my setup when I get home today

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Shakens map

You should add some stuff around airfield which can be used as cover, it's too open right now. Some boxes, etc, like in grain elevator.

It's too dark right now as Leo said, people will have problems finding where to go probably.

About objektive D, you want it to be very hard to take. Having two routes, one short and one long to get to there. Would make it more of a dynamic map.

That's my 2 cents. :)

Upvote 0
Heh, I drive a manual transmission and I can tell you with no lack of certainty that I could never, ever get up that hill.

I'd put my foot on the clutch to change gears and roll all the way back down the bottom before I could put the clutch back out.

Serioulsy???
1st
Try selecting the correct gear for the hill.
2nd
Or accelerating into the hill. Your forward momentum should give you enough time to change gear. I managed to go from 5th to 2nd on a 30% incline in a Landrover Defender110 (thats a heavy vehicle with a very stiff clutch and gears) with dodgy syncromesh on 2nd gear, so I had to double clutch it. Ask your grandparents what double clutching is!

LEO... please release your maps soon you are killing me, these maps look awesome!!!

Upvote 0
Every material you create can be assigned a Physical Material, this does two main things I reckon.

First it handles how the material reacts when you walk/shoot on it (ie wood physical material would add a wood impact decal and effect when shooting on it and a specific sound when you walk on it)

Secondly, I'm not 100% sure but it makes sense, it must handle how penetration works on this particular surface. A concrete physical material probably has a 0% penetration while wood has a 60% penetration rate or something, just guessing here. I haven't found much info about this sadly, would be great if a dev could shed some light on this subject.

I was thinking about setting a simple penetration map with surfaces with various physical material applied and on the other side a pawn or destructible to see if it can effectively be penetrated. Hmm will have to think about this

Upvote 0
You should add some stuff around airfield which can be used as cover, it's too open right now. Some boxes, etc, like in grain elevator.

It's too dark right now as Leo said, people will have problems finding where to go probably.

About objektive D, you want it to be very hard to take. Having two routes, one short and one long to get to there. Would make it more of a dynamic map.

That's my 2 cents. :)

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated...still much work to be done. :D

Upvote 0
New level of noobness in T26
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hats off for the T26 work, I know it's ALOT of work and doing that on a voluntary basis for a relative low populated game as RO2 is praiseworthy!

Its our "job", to make it better, if "the guys who received money from our card" are waiting for ...(instead of taking a look at the lags, for exemple,and many others...), i feel so DIY...
Np, "We" will make a playable Tank System... with more thats "one" map... there are good maps in ro1, like Ogledow ;), arad, blackdayjuly...
If someone wants to create tanks from "Ostfront" i will help him rig and script it...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
New update from the Coldsteel front. All spawns work now and now adding more and more details. Awaiting some steelfactory specific models which will be produced by Shadowwill. Seen them already and they are nice.

One of the interior areas at the Rollinghall

The Ruined Rolling hall

Trench from Rollinghall to Strippinghall

Approaching Rolling hall from German side

They got it.

And the boggers send in more Huns.

Upvote 0