• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Return of Map Orchestra - Red Orchestra Mapping Resource

It is with great pleasure that I announce my intent to revive the Red Orchestra mapping/modding resource, Map Orchestra!

For those of you unfamiliar with Map Orchestra, it was a community-driven website offering free hosting for Red Orchestra maps, mods, mutators, and just about anything Red Orchestra related, including a .uz2 redirect for dedicated severs to point custom map downloads to. Alas, as I took up other projects and started a new career, I lost the time and money it took to maintain the site.

I'm seeking a team of volunteers who would like to be part of this project. Initially I'll be looking at importing RO:OST content from the original site. From there, [possible] expansions will include:

• Wiki
  • .uz2 Redirect
  • Screenshots & Videos
  • Tutorials
  • Custom map content (models, skins, textures, templates, maps, etc)
  • Forums

Volunteers will be needed to assist in managing uploaded content (verify items are classified correctly & meet site requirements), manage forums, contribute content, and other duties not yet determined.

If you're interesting in being part of the team, please send me a private message on the forums here. I'm currently evaluating content management systems, but am open to suggestions.

Thank you,

Nate
Administrator, Map Orchestra

http://www.maporchestra.net coming soon!

Last edited:
Just this past weekend I tried to play the old 3.3 mod online. There were still a number of servers, but they were using maps I didn't have installed.

Instinctively I went to look for Map Orchestra to see I could download them, rather than waiting for the very slow download of each file for the map via the server..... and then noticed Map Orchestra didn't exist.

A question:

Would the new Map Orchestra have maps available for the mod like it used to, or will it just stick with RO1 and 2??

I imagine there isn't much of a demand for mod maps these days, but seeing how I just saw a number of mod servers still active and still filled with players (full house on two servers this weekend at the same time while there were still four other servers with players and not including the several other servers that were empty) .... it would be a great benefit to those who want to still play the mod from time to time.

It was impossible to find a decent site to get other maps for the mod like Koitos 1944, or any maps for that matter.

Though I understand it's not a huge priority over RO1 and 2.

In regards to offering services to the site, I have experience in administrating my own forum & moderating others in the past and generally know how to keep things civil in debate, and only using bans or locking threads as a last resort. Haven't had many complaints :cool:

I also have animation/modeling, graphic design, web design experience among other assets.....

However I am not sure about my available free time due to work, starting a family and playing RO2 when it comes out :p but if and when I am available, I'll send you a PM as requested.

Good to hear it's starting up again, best of luck.

Upvote 0
Sounds good, I want in, how did you lot get 3.3 working on UT04 steam?

That's a good question as my UT2k4 was out of the box and not related to Steam. On that, you just download the 3.3 mod zip file and extracted the "Red Orchestra" folder & all its contents within the root of the UT2004 folder, then open up the RO folder you just copied and double click the .bat file and it runs. It might be that simple with Steam, but I am not sure.

I'd guess the only difference for Steam would be that you'd have to run UT2k4 through Steam and then go into the Community section and click on the Modifications tab & RO should be listed.... then click that and technically it should run it through Steam properly so you can get online.

But again, I'm only assuming and I am sure someone else could give you better information on that.

Upvote 0