The people's tank

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The people's tank

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vonreuter

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2006
SdKfz-222 or 234/2 "Puma". I love the forward leaning posture of the Puma, and the 222 is simply a classic. Both are very "Axis" in their look.

A link to some interesting information about the Puma and other Panzersp

hsj40

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 19, 2006
columbus,ohio
O the [king tiger] & the [Jagdpanther] & the [su152] would be great to add to this game WOW the biggest tanks in ww2 wat a fight it would be.:)

F

Field Marshal Rommel

most of the time they just moved them by rail to the front.

Like most tanks usually traveled. The first Tiger (I) even had special thinner tracks so it could be put on a railcar.
The Panthers and Panzers also used trains to get to the front. It was one of the best ways to put tank on the front without wasting dwinleing suppiles of Gas and spare tank parts.

I heard the devs were adding a Tiger II anyways, not sure how it would

work like in game. Maybe like 1 tiger 2 against 5 t34-85's?
if this is true it would be wonderful!!!!!!!!!! I wonder what the Soviet counter is gonna be?

Maybe like 1 Tiger II several supporting tanks like the PzIV H and Panther G's Vs heavy tanks like the ISU-152 and supporting tanks like the Su-85 and T-34/85
both ISU-152 and Su-85s would be a nice add since they were a bit of a universal anti-German tank well......um "tank". They were used to counter the following
-Panther G's
-Tiger I's
-TigerII's
-Elefants/Ferdinands
:cool:
PzII would rock my world!

PzII F (latest common verison) would be the one used from 1941-1942
I would agree because then the Germans would get a light tank to counter the T-60 but I hope they fix the PzIII L first since it is severaly nerfed.

SdKfz-222 or 234/2 "Puma
The Germans do need recon vehicles since the Soviet side already has 2
T-60 and the "clowncar" (Ba-64). Personally I woould like to see the SdKfz-222 (with the 20mm flak gun) since it was used extensivly early in the war to suppress infantry.

Last edited:

HansGering

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 7, 2006
I would like a chanse to get close up to an 39 model of the KW-1. Jump on top of it and fire an magazine from my mp40 in through the drivers vision slid, killing the crew due to the bullets bouncing off everywhere :D

SheepDip

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
The Elitist Prick Club
Heavy tank combat is boring. And it doesn't encourage teamwork.

I'm sure the majority of people who want the King Tiger in the game just want it so they can drive around "king" of the battlefield. Or simply because it would be "awesome".

Rameusb5

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 23, 2006
First of all, arguing semantics is pointless. Whether you call something a "Tank," an "Armored Fighting Vehicle," or "A gigantic metal juggernaut" doesn't mean anything. All that matters are the vehicle's attributes. Its armor, speed, firepower, turret traverse (if any), and in strategic games, its production cost are what matters. Not what you call it!

Secondly, I'm glad the original poll poster made it so we can see who voted for what. Now we can all see who the ubermunckins are... :rolleyes:

18Bravo

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 31, 2006
Tennessee, USA
Funny thought, how about some of those Polish tankettes, those little vehicles that had a main gun of 14mm I beleive it was. As for the bt-7, I think the guys over at After Hourz is making one as well that is/was introduced into their Barbarossa map.

jedinstven-o crni Wuk

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 3, 2006
germany
King Tiger 28.70% o_O

i hoped for the SU122. Even when it was not the best soviet tank, but it gives the chance to have a somewhat moderate soviet (anti) tank vehicle that can be used through the whole war scenario instead of the Tiger II which could be anyway really only be used in some small part of the war.

karl stiner

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 18, 2006
Ireland
Either SU122 or SU152. Earliest produced assault guns that could take on Tigers & Panthers so we don't have to have every tank map 1944 or later waiting for the IS2 & T34/85 saviors to arrive. SU152 could tear the Tiger & Panther "a new one" real quick, it was insanely brutal.
hehehe well we have to see :p

Letum

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 24, 2006
There's a lot of sensationalism about the Tiger II. That's one thing that puts me off.

sander

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 24, 2006
The Netherlands
In a war that lasted from 1937 to 1945, yeah, it is kinda.
The Panzer II was only used from '41 to '42. A year is pretty large, most of the maps in RO are in '44-'45.

I should have voted for the StuG III G but I prefer to see some more Russian tanks to crush. Someone already made the models for the KV2 (a favorite of me) and the SU... (dont know the number but look at the 3d section). The Panzer II is also made by the Africa front mod.

A-tree

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 3, 2006
UK
The Panzer II was only used from '41 to '42. A year is pretty large, most of the maps in RO are in '44-'45.
Im pretty sure it was used after 42, maybe not in the role it was intended for, but it certanly was used.
It is a great shame tha most RO maps are 44-45, im surprisd the axis whores havnt demanded more maps where the red army was crushed by superior tactics, maybe they are just scared of the KV :p

Status
Not open for further replies.