• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The people's tank

The people's tank

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
most of the time they just moved them by rail to the front.

Like most tanks usually traveled. The first Tiger (I) even had special thinner tracks so it could be put on a railcar.
The Panthers and Panzers also used trains to get to the front. It was one of the best ways to put tank on the front without wasting dwinleing suppiles of Gas and spare tank parts.

I heard the devs were adding a Tiger II anyways, not sure how it would

work like in game. Maybe like 1 tiger 2 against 5 t34-85's?
if this is true it would be wonderful!!!!!!!!!! I wonder what the Soviet counter is gonna be?

Maybe like 1 Tiger II several supporting tanks like the PzIV H and Panther G's Vs heavy tanks like the ISU-152 and supporting tanks like the Su-85 and T-34/85
both ISU-152 and Su-85s would be a nice add since they were a bit of a universal anti-German tank well......um "tank". They were used to counter the following
-Panther G's
-Tiger I's
-TigerII's
-Elefants/Ferdinands
:cool:
PzII would rock my world!

PzII F (latest common verison) would be the one used from 1941-1942
I would agree because then the Germans would get a light tank to counter the T-60 but I hope they fix the PzIII L first since it is severaly nerfed.

SdKfz-222 or 234/2 "Puma
The Germans do need recon vehicles since the Soviet side already has 2
T-60 and the "clowncar" (Ba-64). Personally I woould like to see the SdKfz-222 (with the 20mm flak gun) since it was used extensivly early in the war to suppress infantry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Early war is under represented. S0 g!ve u5 ze 3arly w4r 7anks p|z, kthnxbai (I know I only "translated" 1 letter out of each word into leet speak but I just didn't feel like doing the rest :p).

Good Idea and while we are at it.... going for early war depictions.... don't forget the horse drawn wagons and cannons.... :(

Upvote 0
First of all, arguing semantics is pointless. Whether you call something a "Tank," an "Armored Fighting Vehicle," or "A gigantic metal juggernaut" doesn't mean anything. All that matters are the vehicle's attributes. Its armor, speed, firepower, turret traverse (if any), and in strategic games, its production cost are what matters. Not what you call it!

Secondly, I'm glad the original poll poster made it so we can see who voted for what. Now we can all see who the ubermunckins are... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
In a war that lasted from 1937 to 1945, yeah, it is kinda.
The Panzer II was only used from '41 to '42. A year is pretty large, most of the maps in RO are in '44-'45.

I should have voted for the StuG III G but I prefer to see some more Russian tanks to crush. Someone already made the models for the KV2 (a favorite of me) and the SU... (dont know the number but look at the 3d section). The Panzer II is also made by the Africa front mod.

Upvote 0
The Panzer II was only used from '41 to '42. A year is pretty large, most of the maps in RO are in '44-'45.
Im pretty sure it was used after 42, maybe not in the role it was intended for, but it certanly was used.
It is a great shame tha most RO maps are 44-45, im surprisd the axis whores havnt demanded more maps where the red army was crushed by superior tactics, maybe they are just scared of the KV :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.