• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The other 80% of RO2 players dont want a "realism" mode.

Cyper: I have read MANY ignorant posts on these boards over the last several months. I officially declare your, "Non-tactical gamers should not be listened to anyway..." post the winner. Congratulations.

It has been said many times that anyone that paid for the game has the right to offer their opinion. Respect that. And I don't even agree with the OP...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The experience is already broken at the current state in my opinion. There is no Hardcore Mode only relaxed realism without HUD. Performance, bugs, glitches and God knows what will be fixed but whenever TWI will dump their leveling system (as just one example of many) which they obviously have worked quite a lot with is another question.

Suggesting that the ''80%'' are to choose what should be in the game is a crazy idea. First off because that audience’t exist in this game. Maybe a part of the 80 percent existed in the beginning but they all left when they realized RO2 was a crashing performance eating buggy mess that were far and beyond the call of duty franchise. Fix the broken RO2 and a few of them may come back but most of them won’t unless TWI develop a proper Relaxed Realism Mode in order to compete with the big boys out on the world wide market. Second, if this audience did care about the game they would post on this board. They don’t. Because they either don’t give a poo or simply don’t want to express their opinion. So it’s their own fault if changes they don’t like are made.

You can all go on about statics but the facts are already out there: RO2 wont appeal to the mainstream no matter if the current gameplay issues - bugs, glitches, hitdetection - whatever - are fixed simply because its to far removed from mainstream games. The only thing the game can do at the moment is to appeal to its old audience but it doesn’t.

Cyper: I have read MANY ignorant posts on these boards over the last several months. I officially declare your, "Non-tactical gamers should not be listened to anyway..." post the winner. Congratulations.

It has been said many times that anyone that paid for the game has the right to offer their opinion. Respect that. And I don't even agree with the OP...

The majority doesn’t always have the right to speak for the minority. To put it simple: Just because the majority of gamers don’t like tactical shooters doesn’t mean that the minority who does arent allowed to. If RO2 was the only game in the world that would have been the case but now it isnt. There are hundreds of non-tactical games out there for the majority of gamers while there is only a few tactical shooters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mekhazzio and Apos
Upvote 0
Cyper, you want to know why that audience (or those who feel it even just a tiny bit more than you do) don't post here?

"Non-tactical gamers should not be listened to anyway. Not on this board at least."

Because of people like you. You damned super-realism tards who seem to think RO1 was perfect (nevermind the molasses run and 3 second sprint... man those guys must have sucked in bed) need to get your heads on straight... First you call everyone who doesn't see things your way idiots and fools, and then you wonder why no one is here to defend them. IT'S YOUR FAULT. YOU TARDS PUSH THEM AWAY.

You know what? Go on the Killing Floor forums and tell them that 600 hours of gameplay is too much to get everything to level 6. Prepare yourself for the fanboy flaming of all time. Oh even better, go on the World of Tanks forums and say the matchmaker is broken. This is every game forum, where turbonerds try to defend the status quo from being questioned. Sometimes it's a good thing, like when MWtard #9001 proposes adding "perks" to the game. Sometimes it isn't, like when someone criticizes the unlock system and the horrific bonuses it gives to veteran players. BF3's unlock system is far more fair than this one, and that's a fact.

I would like to see a realism mode in RO2. I would also like to see the legion of fanboys on the forums to open their minds a bit. I wonder which one I'm going to see first?

Incorrect.

I strongly doubt + 8,000,000 of players didn't register on this board because they heard about this awesome guy Cyper. You have to wake up. The mainstream doesn't give a crap about RO2 because it isnt the next call of duty not because of me or someone else. RO2 is far removed from what the mainstream want. Otherwise they could either be on this board or playing the game right now. They don't. So your argument falls flat.

If you want to keep a tactical shooter to what it is - a tactical shooter - you can't ask the majority of what they want with it. Because the answer to that is extremely obvious. They don't want a tactical shooter. This is why the RO community, or the arma community, is called a niche audience, because its a game that gives the minority of gamers a game to play. And they have the full right to do so. I have never claimed that RO OST was or is the perfect game. I do have claimed that RO OST is away more tactical, equal and in many terms more realistic than RO2 - while RO2 in some ways is more realistic than RO OST.

Upvote 0
Because of people like you. You damned super-realism tards who seem to think RO1 was perfect

I don't think this is a valid argument :) I don't deny those people are here - but do you honestly think that mainstream gamers are "scared off" by fanboys? My friend, the mainstream gamer will argue that red is blue until their head falls off, and enjoy it immensely :) They'll like nothing more than to tease and ridicule "us realism freaks" with all kinds of empty-headed accusations and insults towards our families. Will they actually join a discussion with the aim of contributing something to the community, and to offset the realism crowd? I kind of doubt it :)

Now, I'm trying to avoid generalisation here - it doesn't do anyone any favours, and is usually inaccurate to say the least. I myself play a good few "mainstream" games, because FPS is the only place I look for realism. I appreciate there are plenty of sensible, intelligent people out there who've only played mainstream games, and never touched a realism title. However, with all these things in place - the mainstream market is still utterly awash with idiots who gleefully soak up the rubbish contained in today's big games, reducing their IQ, imagination, and ability to have their own opinion on pretty much anything. They do NOT usually contribute to communities, aside from the odd "cool story bro" and "lol you realism freaks are idiots". They will not bring balance to the force, as you seem to be suggesting :)

Also, Cyper may be many things - but he's hardly a tard :)

Upvote 0
This is every game forum, where turbonerds try to defend the status quo from being questioned.

I'd hardly call it status quo when the problem of RO2 regardless is it TWI forums or not (if you lurk around a bit) is that "why the **** this game is a mother****ing trainwreck?" and even better is if you start reading some threads pre-release based on DDE beta and then first 1-2 weeks of threads around here. Starting to notice a pattern?

Maybe it's my wanking turbonerd retardation induced in my brain by spending too much time here but I don't remember any examples where people wanted trainwreck to remain the kind of trainwreck which is hanging itself on an old bridge and waiting for the inevitable crash'n burn suicide.

Upvote 0
I don't think this is a valid argument :) I don't deny those people are here - but do you honestly think that mainstream gamers are "scared off" by fanboys?

I don't think there are many fanboys around here at all. If it was, it would be less mods (since the game is perfect), less complaints (since game is perfect), and more 'ro2 vs [insert]' threads (since ro2 is the best game ever). Its really the opposite. Then, there is obviously a group of ro ost players like myself who defend ro ost in the realism aspect but thats completely justified.

Upvote 0
"Molasses run" is better than DOD/COD/RO II speedracer running. Join the army, go on a 5 - 10 - 20 mile road march with a rucksack every morning, and see if you can run at DOD/COD/RO II pace without developing feet blisters or getting wrapped in an iceblanket for overheating.

Are you in the army?

The game does not simulate running with a ruck sack for 20 miles currently....im sure someone will make a mod of that if that is what you want.

Upvote 0
Anyone noticed that 80% of the players at the scoreboard are only
getting 1-5 kills at 2 map rounds, while the other 20% got 20-40 kills?
So i think the "we are the 80%" are all just little bullet attractors.

The last weeks, i often started ROHOS, looked at the server list and
left the game to play BF:BC2 as second choice.
Just cause there were no servers with enough players or a ping where
i could have a good play, cause they are all empty or full of bots.

And when i played, then at a server with 8 people, where you often saw
people joining, playing some minutes and then they left.
Players that regulary plays on this server ..... they join to see if something
has changed now, see that its all unchanged, get frustraded and left
after 20 minutes.

Upvote 0
Cyper, you want to know why that audience (or those who feel it even just a tiny bit more than you do) don't post here?

"Non-tactical gamers should not be listened to anyway. Not on this board at least."

Because of people like you. You damned super-realism tards who seem to think RO1 was perfect (nevermind the molasses run and 3 second sprint... man those guys must have sucked in bed) need to get your heads on straight... First you call everyone who doesn't see things your way idiots and fools, and then you wonder why no one is here to defend them. IT'S YOUR FAULT. YOU TARDS PUSH THEM AWAY.

You know what? Go on the Killing Floor forums and tell them that 600 hours of gameplay is too much to get everything to level 6. Prepare yourself for the fanboy flaming of all time. Oh even better, go on the World of Tanks forums and say the matchmaker is broken. This is every game forum, where turbonerds try to defend the status quo from being questioned. Sometimes it's a good thing, like when MWtard #9001 proposes adding "perks" to the game. Sometimes it isn't, like when someone criticizes the unlock system and the horrific bonuses it gives to veteran players. BF3's unlock system is far more fair than this one, and that's a fact.

I would like to see a realism mode in RO2. I would also like to see the legion of fanboys on the forums to open their minds a bit. I wonder which one I'm going to see first?

Hahaaha really now, the mainstream don't join this forum because they feel ridiculed by the people here. That is such a load of ape ****, I'll sum it up why for you.

1. The mainstream don't really feel like discussing, they like complaining or praising. Why you ask, simply because they want to play a game.

2. How would they know they would be ridiculed by the people on this forum before even joining, by lurking the forums for a week?

3. Certainly we don't like people who post meaningless ideas without and thought and grammar behind. Example: "new dude; add unlimited snipers as it is unfair that only 2 people get it, BFBC2 did this good!!!"

Yeah this forum sure is a bunch of tards, we are the sole reason why the mainstream didn't like this game.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I understand Cyper is a little over-zealous ... but I don't really understand why people are arguing with him or insulting him. I think the "Ro1 fan boys are ruining Ro2!" people are absurd. I understand it hurts you a little on the inside when someone insults something you like.... but did you even play Ro1? It was a god damn masterpiece in every regard. Every game was dynamic and full of edge-of-the-seat moments. There was teamwork. There were tactics. There was a pseudo-sandbox feel that made you feel like a real soldier in the midst of a conflict as opposed to train cart on linear tracks. I can't praise it enough really. If you played Ro1 as much as I did then I'm SURE you would want a lot of the features implemented in Ro2.

Us RoOsters want the same thing as you guys - A better Ro2. Screaming about what you don't want is not very productive. TWI reads these forums. TWI knows that many are not satisfied with the game. TWI has stated they will continue to work on the game. TWI has asked for community input.

So from this thread they've extrapolated that the community has two basic schools of thought.

1) We want a realism mode akin to the gameplay of Ro1 in regards to sway, movement, unlocks, spawns, etc etc.....

and

2) We don't want a realism mode.... Those guys suck.

Aside the from the fact that your 80%/20% figure is blatantly wrong.. what are you really even trying to accomplish? Why don't you make a thread (or better yet a post) telling TWI what YOU would want? Hell.... Can we just do it here while we're at it? If you hate the gameplay change proposals that you've heard on the forum... what do you think TWI should be working on? As Nezzer said, the performance issues and bugs are always getting worked on... So what is your second priority if isn't gameplay changes?

Reactions: Sojuz
Upvote 0
I still dont get why all these new guys are complaining that they dont want added realism.
Fine. Play relaxed realism mode, so you dont have to deal with it. That was what that mode was created for, even though there is no use in playing it right now as there literally is no difference other than HUD.
And that is not what we were promised when these modes were announced.

And for the love of God, show some more respect for the people who have played RO:OST.
I see a lot of 'We dont care what RO1 players want, they are just whiners, RO2 is fine!'
Fact is that the reason you are here playing RO2 today is because we bought and supported RO1. We had expectations for the sequal of a game we love dearly. And though RO1 is not perfect, the general feel of the game was great. It was like shooter-chess, where if you wanted to be good, pretty much every move you made had to be thought out.
It was a smart game for people who wanted something more than run and shoot things.
And no, RO2 is not fine. For all it's refinements and improvements over RO1, it can't be denied that the general feel of gameplay has decreased to something less than was expected.
It is more actioney, there are design choices that remove the reasons for moving carefully.
And though it is more complex and dangerous than most games, it lacks the slower and more methodical pace of RO1, which is what made RO great. There are hundreds of shooters which try to do something unique and fail, but RO worked and became more or less popular for doing the things it did.
It might have made it harder for people to get into but damn, it was rewarding, it was unique, and it is the reason people still played it after all this time.
Now controls-wise things have much improved with blind fire, cover system, slight free-aim etc. but all the other things surrounding it have gone, and with those small things the feel of RO1 is gone.

All of you that do not agree act like we want to turn the game into this super-awkward thousandbuttonsforasingleaction slow cluster****.
We don't. In fact, that is probably the single thing that turns many people here off on ArmA 2, a game which most people might love if it was not for that.
But we want back some of the penalties of RO1, which make people play more or less realistically. Right now, though the basics are in place, the game feels like any other run of the mill shooter but with higher damage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0