• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "Lets Discuss the Trailer" Thread

Will there be any more screenshots or video's released before the release date? I see on a lot of forums and sites people still want to see more of gameplay in action.

I believe Yoshiro (or another TW dev) stated that there will be at least one review out before the game's final release.

I'm assuming this review will have some more info and hopefully/possibly some gameplay footage/screenshots :)

Upvote 0
I believe Yoshiro (or another TW dev) stated that there will be at least one review out before the game's final release.

I'm assuming this review will have some more info and hopefully/possibly some gameplay footage/screenshots :)

In the very least there will undoubtedly be screenshots. Almost every review out their does.

Upvote 0
to be honest, im pretty disappointed... i was expecting WAY more from a
game thats gonna cost money, everything i saw in the trailer was already possible
in the mod (except for that roof gore scene) and the graphics are the same too.

What the heck did you guys think about the graphic? I mean releasing a
game with OK graphics like L4d would be the minimum if you ask me.

A: It costs 15/20 bucks. 1/3rd of the price of L4D.
B: The mod looks much worse than this (Not to say it looks like crap, :D)
C: The mod isn't going to be supported anymore likely.
D: You're finally giving the mod the justice it deserves if you buy it.
E: Did I mention that the game looks good? Actually, it looks like it could compete with L4D easily in places. Especially with the art style.

I saw this comment on GT:
Meh I really don't like the hellish look. LEFT4DEAD on Expert when I wasn't that experienced was about survival and that's what made it really fun. This is just brainless killing action which is fun but is a much much lower value of fun.

...L4D = survival horror, and KF = brainless kililing action?
Give me a second while I kill myself.

Upvote 0
Actually, it looks like it could compete with L4D easily in places. Especially with the art style.
Actually I don't think you can really compare the two styles at all, since L4D doesn't try to be what KF is when it comes to art style :)

I enjoyed the trailer a lot :D Especially the second half of it showing the gameplay, the different speciments and of course all the awesome gore!

I'm an avid L4D player myself, and will problaly play a mixture of both, but when it comes to the style I'm deffinately leaning more towards KF because it has that real horror style ^^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have to say I don't really understand this whole 'you're not allowed to compare L4D to KF' thing.

The gameplay is very different, but the central themes are quite similar in places.

Yes... the games are totally different, but surely the whole point of making a comparison is to discuss differences?

L4D's art style is very different to KF's and for that reason I think it would be interesting to draw comparisons. I don't know much about art in games, but I'd be interested to know if there are any similar/dissimilar techniques used in both games... and also how the differences in artistic techniques affects the overall look and feel of the game.

(on a side note I was playing L4D Versus last night and after having been gawping at these new KF screenshots/vid recently I have to say the 'impact rendering' in Left 4 Dead really puts me off now! It looks so cartoony!)

Upvote 0
Yes... the games are totally different, but surely the whole point of making a comparison is to discuss differences?

Of course you can compare the two games art style and their different use of it, and the impact on the game :) That's not the point really ^^ It's just that a lot of people tend to use this comparison to things as "KF did a better job at the art", or "KF can compete with the L4D art style because this and that", etc ,etc. you get the point :D But you can't really use those in a comparison because the two games are... well.. completely different, they don't try to be what each other is ;) So one game can't do the art style better than the other and so forth, that's just something that's gonna have to be decided in personal taste

Upvote 0
Just wanted to start a feedback thread for the trailer.

The trailer was awesome.

The fp destroying the zeds was awesome. I'm hyped to fight the new fp. The woman screaming was done like a hollywood horror clip, very nice, I can't wait to shoot her in the face with my winchester.

Shooting jabba the hut in half was great. I can't wait to shoot him in half also. I hope I can shoot lots of stuff in half.

Great work. Make another trailer. You can never sell something too much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The trailer was awesome.

The fp destroying the zeds was awesome. I'm hyped to fight the new fp. The woman screaming was done like a hollywood horror clip, very nice, I can't wait to shoot her in the face with my winchester.

Shooting jabba the hut in half was great. I can't wait to shoot him in half also. I hope I can shoot lots of stuff in half.

Great work. Make another trailer. You can never sell something too much.
Thanks for bringing the original OP back on track Jaek:)
The trailer had a nice blend of cut sense and gameplay...But the game play part is what really sells a game so congrats there
I can only say that it reminds me of the FEAR 2 trailers which made Me want to get the game in the first place:D

Upvote 0