• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "Lets Discuss the Trailer" Thread

to be honest, im pretty disappointed... i was expecting WAY more from a
game thats gonna cost money, everything i saw in the trailer was already possible
in the mod (except for that roof gore scene) and the graphics are the same too.

What the heck did you guys think about the graphic? I mean releasing a
game with OK graphics like L4d would be the minimum if you ask me.

Upvote 0
What the heck did you guys think about the graphic? I mean releasing a
game with OK graphics like L4d would be the minimum if you ask me.

Looks fine to me. Im sure there is going to be way to much action going on for me to care about silly little things in-game anyway.

Heck, there is tons of "pretty" stuff I dont bother paying attention to in L4D.

It may be important to some, but to the people who know what makes a game worth playing, graphics are not what we base our purchase on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1:01 of the trailer, that place looks strangely familiar, Bondarevo, maybe? =P

As a special treat to the RO community we've converted and rein visioned Hedgehog as a frightening farm area. It has completely different mood, lighting and different game play from Red Orchestra. As well as a lot of mesh/texture work especially gore-i-fying it up.

Upvote 0
As a special treat to the RO community we've converted and rein visioned Hedgehog as a frightening farm area. It has completely different mood, lighting and different game play from Red Orchestra. As well as a lot of mesh/texture work especially gore-i-fying it up.

Cool I hope it has some RO easter eggs, maybe a derelict T60 hidden somewhere :p

Upvote 0
Could have been cheesy but it wasnt. It has a kind of indie title "we don't give a **** vibe" to it. Maybe because of the awesome metal music in the background. I think it fits the style of the game too because if the trailer was an all out realism horror/serious style it wouldnt mesh with the game. I mean some enemies have features that look like heavy metal "spike bracelets" so its not exactly tame realism yet its not cheesy either; it comes off as badass.

Basically I guess what I'm trying to say is that the trailer is fun in a badass way that displays the creepy horror vibe well. Its not a AAA quality title trailer but I don't think it should be either. Good work. 95% sure I'm gonna preorder.

Upvote 0

very nice can't wait to see this...is the entire map open like RO original?

Upvote 0

badass. Sounds like fun

This can only mean Danzig isnt very far off either :p

Upvote 0
The chainsaw looked kind of weird to me, moving it to the side while still cutting up things. As far as i know you dont get any 'real damage' from the side of the blade, maybe some nasty scratches from the spinning blades :p but as long as your not in front of the thing, you should be reasonably safe to the side, so that looked pretty iffy to me.

The atmospherics are real nice, though as some said the text in the beginning is very cliche. And yeah, there could be shown some more teamwork, people covering eachother, stuff like that.
Right now it didnt feel like 6man co-op but more like the 1 man goes berserk-kind of shooter.

Upvote 0
The chainsaw looked kind of weird to me, moving it to the side while still cutting up things. As far as i know you dont get any 'real damage' from the side of the blade, maybe some nasty scratches from the spinning blades :p but as long as your not in front of the thing, you should be reasonably safe to the side, so that looked pretty iffy to me.

The atmospherics are real nice, though as some said the text in the beginning is very cliche. And yeah, there could be shown some more teamwork, people covering eachother, stuff like that.
Right now it didnt feel like 6man co-op but more like the 1 man goes berserk-kind of shooter.
Sigh I agree...
The chainsaw should twist, at least in first person, when you spin your view left/right.
I cringed a little looking at that. D:

Upvote 0