• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Future of Tripwire?

Personally I would like to see a game similar to RO:OST front nothing fancy like Fully modeled tank interiors or anything like that. However with armor penetration opposed to a hit point based system. Much like that is in the Current version of RO2. However the crew can be injured or killed.

With that said - I Would like it set in one of the following time frames:

1. Tripwire's own version of the Grim Darkness of the far future. Do I need to say more?
2. NATO versus Warsaw Pact in a cold war gone hot scenario.
3. or as many have said here WW2 Italy.

Upvote 0
Personally I would like to see a game similar to RO:OST front nothing fancy like Fully modeled tank interiors or anything like that. However with armor penetration opposed to a hit point based system. Much like that is in the Current version of RO2. However the crew can be injured or killed.

With that said - I Would like it set in one of the following time frames:

1. Tripwire's own version of the Grim Darkness of the far future. Do I need to say more?
2. NATO versus Warsaw Pact in a cold war gone hot scenario.
3. or as many have said here WW2 Italy.

4. Second sino-japanese war
5. WW1
6. Combined arms battles (i.e. United States+Brits vs Germany+ Italy IN NORTH AFRICA OH YEA!!!!!!!:eek:, United States+Australia vs Japan, French vs Germany, Poland vs Germany/Soviet Union {not together}) I really think that RO3 will have 128 player server so it would be split 32+32vs64 or 32+32 depending on the participating nations. Each nation would have their own weapons of course and call-ins. (i.e. France can have arty since the fighting was in their mainland and Brits could have recon since of their infamous great air force.) Each team would have Commanders for each nation. Also adding the availability of asking for reinforcements from the other ally commander. Say for example the french team needs some support from the british team. The commander calls over to the british and chooses whether or not move a squad to the french front to support them. This would make the Commander a VERY powerful and difficult role than it already is. This would bring alot of depth to the Commander role. Also, the commanders can communicate on sharing resources like arty marks and such in their respective front. Maps will have to be HUGE. Like ROOST tank maps minimum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Considering the current playerbase and estimating how high a percentage of players are non-american, I'd be unsure that Vietnam or Korea would well engage our European comrades and TWI can't afford to alienate that customer base.

Agreed, but not just Europeans... nearly every game that involves war involves American forces and I got sick of that alot time ago... tis why I love RO2 so much.
I really like RS but its (imo) got very little on RO2... again... American forces.

Upvote 0
RO3: Afrikafeldzug :IS2::IS2::IS2:

ROOST was amazing due tanks, RO2 isn't at the same level due the lack of mechanized warfare.

It could be great if they'll release an add on with kursk theater, or italian/african one, but I fear that they simply won't. The interiors of the tanks needs to be completely rejected, choosing the old&good ROOST tanking modelling system. It's a shame because it can be promising, but unfortunately it's too complex to manage.. it seems.

They need to add real armour penetrating mechanics, not keeping this HP pool system like the EA "battlefield" series. Something like Men Of War: assault squad. I would pay 60$ if they release something like that, combined warfare with 4-5 tanks per side and REAL tank combat mechanics, with an engine like this one, plus the RO2 infantry gameplay.

Here in Italy we had a lot of different battles, think of the Anzio landing and the monte cassino assault.

World War Two: The Battle for Monte Cassino - YouTube

Anzio & Nettuno

ANZIO - World War 2 - A History of The Battle of ANZIO - 1944 - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I look forward to RO3. I think TWI will have learned from their mistakes (regardless of how much profit was made).

Maybe, but if they go the 'Realism' mode type route with a progression system and unlocks only, then the game has little interest for me.

So, looking forward to an RO3 could be a pleasant surprise or might just piss me off to no end.

Upvote 0
I personally would like to see TWI do another 2 front system like in RO2/RS. Still keeping to the Eastern Front but having another front as well.

My suggestions:
1. The Battle of Kursk and the Italian Theatre. The immediate successor to Stalingrad and a relatively ignored front of the war.

2. The Caucasus Campaign and the Southern France Campaign. Happened just before and during Stalingrad and another forgotten front of the Western theater.

3. Operation Bagration and the Rhineland Campaign. Happened at roughly the same time and would include the fierce battles of Metz and the Huertgen Forest.

4. Operation Barbarossa and North Africa. Again, two major campaigns happening roughly at the same time. The early stages of War are often ignored by popular media.

5. The Siege of Leningrad and Operation Market Garden. Again, two battles that remain relatively unexplored.

Upvote 0
The basic problems are: texture pop in, blurry visuals, bad performance, overdone effects (lighting, motion blur, saturated/bleeding colors, etc.), low LOD/view distance (maybe it's a reflection of the blurred visuals), sound problems (not sure if it's linked to the UE3 engine though), cooked content. UE3 is just plain old right now, time to move on it's not 2006 anymore let's go next gen.

There are even some problems related to the engine like the bad spectator mode, the fact that we have to re-download the entire game for mere .exe modifications (the same with the maps that have to be re-cooked and entirely re-downloaded after every update.

Can you imagine how a game like KF that's centered on community content would be on UE3, how much work would have to be done to babysit hundreds of maps after every single update... what a pain!

This guy seems to have noticed some of these facts: https://sites.google.com/site/arrjayjee/arrjayjees-rants/i-hate-unreal-engine-3

Last edited:
Upvote 0