• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

ArmA needs moar death screams (like the in RO ;))

I don't like sound mods seems a bit unnecessary but this one is really good make sure to read the description :).

I am waiting for historical mods (WWII era etc.) to make ArmA more like RO, hehe :cool:

ArmA needs better death animations. Honestly, OFP's death animations are better then ArmA's, wich look just really lame.

Upvote 0
I think ArmA death animations are much better than OFP.

And its confirmed, exactly 100 .50 cal rounds=flaming shilka.

What i dont like about ArmA's death animations is that it doesnt seem to give the effect that they have been shot.
it looks pretty much like:'oh, ive been shot. well, i'll go lying on the ground carefully now'. There is little to no impact to be seen on characters that are getting shot up, While in OFP sprinting characters would fall to the ground, and in other positions you could see that they have been hit by something hard and fast and they dont go to the ground so 'carefully'.
It's the lack of impact i miss.
Also, proning characters in ArmA who get killed take to much time getting their head to the ground IMO. I allways get the feeling that they arent dead yet, while they are but their animation is taking so long i'm wasting ammo to kill people and be sure they are dead.

Upvote 0
OFP editing center is by far the best mission place ever. Most other webpages don't bother with mission development because OFPEC is that good.

OFP stuff is being ported (AEC island should be interesting to play on once I update)

As for servers.....in the USA I usually see one 64 server with close to 64 in the evening and night. I can't get in the Euro servers so I never check them. I imagine once the USA gets 1.8 patch the servers will be filling up.

Upvote 0
The situation post 1.08 is a lot better, fewer players than RO maybe 50% as many. But like RO you can always find a nearly full server and a good fight.

The patch has resolved most of the show-stopping issues ( there are still quite a few cosmetic bugs that interfere with suspension-of-disbelief ). This game is even *more* addicting than RO, which I never thought possible. Coop is an awesome game mode. I'm truly sorry to say it but RO feels like a twitch game in comparison.

Upvote 0
I don't know what's wrong, but the performance on my rig is so awful I can't play the game at all. I updated it to the most recent version, and set everything to low (except the resolution, which is 1680x1050) and it runs like ****. The mouse lag is so severe, that it's almost impossible to hit anything.

8800GTS 320Mb
2Gt DDR2 667Mhz
C2D E6600
Abit AB9 Pro
Integrated sound card

Upvote 0