[Game] The Armed Assault thread

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Soviet

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 23, 2007
This game is awesome

This game is awesome

I've seen some of the bugs people are talking about here, but the program itself seems to be stable and has only crashed to desktop for me once during multiplayer.

Singleplayer stock missions are broken, and I think the 1.08 patch will help tremendously with that. On the other hand the CO-OP mission I played a couple days ago was just awesome. Having to drive 5-10 minutes to the contact point with a humvee full of soldiers really makes you more cautious once you get there. The level of cooperation is just light years beyond RO and the game really feels like a soldier sim. The tanks are also so much more fun not sure why. Maybe because you have more room to maneuver and show up in unexpected places.

In fact it makes RO feel kind of run and gun. I mean it's obvious RO was built on top of a game engine that wasnt really designed to simulate full on warfare between two armies and Tripwire did the best they could. I would love to see RO reimplemented on the ArmA engine.

Pycckuu

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Hello everyone, I am looking to buy this here product because a certain kevb0 has been badgering me for quite a while. Essentially what I'd like to know is the performance I would get on my not-so-new computer:
Athlon fx-53
1 gig o' ram
GeForce 6800 Ultra
etc etc...

ImPeRaToR

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Oldenburg
thats comparable to mine, athlon 64 @ 2250mhz, 6800GT, 1gb ram. yours is a tad better but i dont think its relevant for arma.

you have to expect low - medium gfx, lots of loading time and a hard time spotting stuff due to low view distance D: i run 1280x1024 on an lcd so lower res is not an option. when i fly in a chopper, the gfx reminds me of comache 3 :x

I. Kant

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 9, 2007
You's lucky. I haven't heard about this game earlier, yesterday was when I got on the hype. Maybe sometime after summer's gone I'll be able to upgrade my computer to it. Maybe.

fiftyone

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 6, 2006
I luv chatting to mates while being flown in to a drop zone.

Night mission...

"Jeeze, I hope the pilot can see better than me".

"Push N for night vision, noob".

Ah! Thanks, I can see much better now !

True story.:p

Slinky

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 1, 2006
now we just have to wait for the modding tools to be realeased, then the real fun begins

Lt_Kettch

FNG / Fresh Meat
ArmA needs moar death screams (like the in RO ;))

I don't like sound mods seems a bit unnecessary but this one is really good make sure to read the description :).

I am waiting for historical mods (WWII era etc.) to make ArmA more like RO, hehe :cool:

Britney Federline

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
I think ArmA should keep with the theme of the 8-bit footstep sounds, and go all Atari 2600 for each sound.

Footstep = squelch
gunshot = "bip"
explosion = "blop"
a yell = "beep"

The Hamburglar

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 1, 2007
what sound mod is that? I have modwarsound and it works pretty good, but those sounds are nice...but I'm wondering if he replaces rocket sounds and such.

BadKarma

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 29, 2006
Frankfurt/ Germany