• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

Nope, it's a problem with your soundcard. I haven't run into the effect you are talking about.

I discovered turning off the hardware audio acceleration increased my framerate from around 30fps at low settings to 45+. With higher framerates the mouse lagging issue that people complain about goes away.

I've been playing this game online for the last few weeks and the sheer depth of the game is staggering. It's best described as a military role-playing simulation rather than anything else I think. The only problem is it eats time like crazy.

Upvote 0
I have a simple question: Would an 8800gts 640mb be sufficient for running the game at decent (Medium texture, no AA or AF) settings at 1680*1050?
What's your processor/RAM? ArmA taxes GFX Card, Processor, and RAM heavily and having all three be incredibly fast is the only solution.

I have 3.4ghz Dual-Core, 2gb DDR2 Ram, and a 7600GT and I still have to run stuff on normal/low. :( Wish they would optimize it. Take out self-shading on the tree leaves, that would solve all of everyone's problems.

Upvote 0
I still get crazy artifacts now and then like spikey coloured triangles shooting out of everything, but their occurance is entirely random and sometimes I can go for hours without seeing them.

I also lag like a ***** when I enter cities like Caraozol.

Everything else is fine though.
I had the artifacts and stuff for a while, as well. Turns out the graphics card was overheating. Do a thorough cleaning of your machine and install another case fan. That solved my problem in regards to that.

Upvote 0
After playing the game more, I've really gotten bored of the co-op mode. Shooting bots can really only be interesting for so long. The PvP multiplayer component seems to mostly be Bezerk, which I haven't been able to get into. Being able to choose your spawn point is great, being able to spawn behind enemy lines is not.

I wish there was a RO push style PvP mode for Arma. I guess it's back to RO for me.

Upvote 0