• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Terminated." I keep getting this and kicked from serves when I join them.

supaswope

Apr 19, 2014
"Terminated." I keep getting this and kicked from serves when I join them.

I need help. This started happening after I stopped playing and the update downloaded today 5/17/14.

Can we please get rid of this update or fix this issue? I would really like to play. This is my favorite fps would hate tom have to find anther one...

I do have a VAC ban. but it was 4.5 years ago. I would really like to play my favorite fps game. I have over 150 hours in this game. And starting over and re doing all my unlocks is just gonna be stupid.

I mean I can family share the game or friends share and play all I want so that doesn't stop me. just under my account which doesn't make sense for that one restriction on one account?

I need to talk to a dev about this.

Upvote 0
I do have a VAC ban. but it was 4.5 years ago. I would really like to play my favorite fps game. I have over 150 hours in this game. And starting over and re doing all my unlocks is just gonna be stupid.

I mean I can family share the game or friends share and play all I want so that doesn't stop me. just under my account which doesn't make sense for that one restriction on one account?

I need to talk to a dev about this.

You need to join a server with less strict VAC Ban settings.

Upvote 0
What a joke

What a joke

Is tripwire suddenly a parole office where they are allowed to give server owners the right to disallow paying customers from playing the game because of a mistake they made years in the past? This is an absolute joke and disgrace. I don't understand how a business could implement a judgement call to allow others to discriminate others virtually because of infraction that not only has nothing to do with the game at hand but something that happened years ago. Is tripwire saying that it's okay to wear the scarlet VAC of shame and still reap the consequences years afterwards, even if the game in question that the infraction was based upon has nothing to do with the current?

I had to spend my Saturday researching why I couldn't play the game that I paid for. As a customer, I shouldn't have to search forums of why I can't connect to servers after a patch. How did this even leave the Tripwire Q&A development process?

And before any white knights come in here giving me the " It's the server admin's choice to implement this to be on or off" let me tell you right now that anyone who develops such a feature is to blame first. Implement a anti cheat system that actually works instead of a ridiculous borderline toxic feature that doesn't do anything positive. Great job guys, really, A+ work.

Literally imprinted into my memory receptor:
"Don't buy Tripwire or their publishers games their decision making abilities are questionable and borderline insulting upon release."

Great way to run a business.

Upvote 0
Or we could always just take a trip up to their studios headquarters and give them a piece of their mind. maybe shove some judgmental discriminative updates in their faces and see how they like it. looking it up on mapquest now. sick of developers these days.

Or you could calm down and work with them to resolve the issue.
The new patch was not intended to stop players like yourself but the more recent wave of people who feel its ok to hack, crash and otherwise ruin the game.
As yoshiro has stated TWI will look into this issue of players with older bans on Monday.
But it in general you will find that the vast majority of players are very thankful for this patch that is helping to prevent the game from being populated by guys who have caused enormous issues with the community over the last few weeks.

Upvote 0
Why are they punishing loyal customers like myself who have never cheated in any of their games? I do have a VAC ban on my account from a match where I used some hacks in Counter-Strike 1.6 like ten years ago when I was 14 or 15. I understand the recent wave of hacking in RO2 has been a problem, although I've only seen someone do it once. This isn't the way of going about it though, I hope they get this resolved and only ban people from RO2/RS who have actually cheated in RO2/RS. Thank you.

Upvote 0
Why are they punishing loyal customers like myself who have never cheated in any of their games? I do have a VAC ban on my account from a match where I used some hacks in Counter-Strike 1.6 like ten years ago when I was 14 or 15. I understand the recent wave of hacking in RO2 has been a problem, although I've only seen someone do it once. This isn't the way of going about it though, I hope they get this resolved and only ban people from RO2/RS who have actually cheated in RO2/RS. Thank you.

Personally I think its exactly the way it should be done.
Steam would have far less people thinking its OK to cheat in one game but not another if the vac ban system put their whole account at risk.
Currently steam is not a very welcoming place for the vast majority on non-cheating clients because of all the cheating/hacking that has been allowed to pretty much go unchecked across multiple game communities because the vac system does not globally ban.

These activities cost developers across steam many millions in lost revenue for time in repeated patches to combat hacks and in new clients simply not buying because of these problems or simply walking away from a franchise because of these issues.

Its about time a developer said no thanks not in our community and now that TWI have been the first to do this I would not be surprised to see a great many more developers follow suit.

Upvote 0
I really hope they resolve all of this today. I would like to play some RO2 on my favorite servers without having to family share and re-rank everything.

Resolve what?
In the United States, if you have been convicted of certain crimes you are restricted from owning a firearm, voting, or possibly even driving. If you have been caught cheating in a video game, you now are limited in what servers and games you can play on. It's called CONSEQUENCES. In today's world, many seem to live only in the moment without any thought of the consequences. I have never even considered cheating in a video game so I have nothing to worry about. I have also never been convicted of a crime or defaulted on a loan or cheated on an assignment at my University so I don't have these concerns either.

Upvote 0