• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TE-Fallenfighters SPAWN TO SPAWN, BABY

Fallen fighters on TE is nothing but spawn warfare. You never leave your spawn. You set foot on spawn, and suddenly you get shot from 32 different windows at the enemy spawn facing yours. There is no cover. No one does objectives. It's basically a shooting gallery for everyone but the people who actually leave spawn.

Welcome to the most brutal war in history? :D :IS2:

Reactions: Nylle and echutter
Upvote 0
map is clearly 8v8 or less players material, 32v32 or even 16v16 means youll have multiple people shooting you from all sorts of angles anywhere you try to move.

Welcome to Red Orchestra, ah yeah you can win with team play. even against the 32 different windows

THere you go. This is RO not CoD. You have to overcome the odds with teamplay, be it flanking with several guys or advancing through smoke.

Upvote 0
i like TE-fallenfighters, its just obvious the map still needs to be worked on. theres only 1 semi safe way to get to the middle and it takes FOREVER, and chances are you get shot anyway. needs to be some more roadbocks on the side giving some people cover from the flanks right out of the spawn. because right now, ya the map is basicly "spawn camp to victory"

Upvote 0
Fallenfighters has always been that way (it's an RO1 map). You're playing on pub servers too. I woudln't count on the map being changed either it's

1) A remake of a RO1 map
2) A copy of an exact location.

They're not gonna throw in some random buildings, people here (including me ;)) will throw a fit :D.

Check out Iron Crescendo, it works out a bit diffidently there ;).

But if you're on a team where people are using smoke efficiently it's a differnt story.

Also don't be afraid to move up slowly. I sneak around o the edge of the map, pick off anyone along the side that's covering the angle I want to run to the cap, and then sprint to the cap and lay low. Usually works pretty well :).

Upvote 0
Another thing is the beta doesn't have a SP campaing, this means no training at all.

Because of this many new players who never played RO:OST, are playing the game as a gun and run shooter.

Remember that this issue used to happen a lot during RO:OST free weekends and rebates when hordes of ROplayers were runing around crying because that "game sux, no crosshair and too hard to kill someone!!11one!!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fallenfighters has always been that way (it's an RO1 map). You're playing on pub servers too. I woudln't count on the map being changed either it's

1) A remake of a RO1 map
2) A copy of an exact location.

They're not gonna throw in some random buildings, people here (including me ;)) will throw a fit :D.

Check out Iron Crescendo, it works out a bit diffidently there ;).

But if you're on a team where people are using smoke efficiently it's a differnt story.

Also don't be afraid to move up slowly. I sneak around o the edge of the map, pick off anyone along the side that's covering the angle I want to run to the cap, and then sprint to the cap and lay low. Usually works pretty well :).

well all im sayin is that if the majority of games on a map end up in mass spawn campin that usually means the map wasnt designed correctly. i dont care if its of a real place or a completely made up one. i dont like spawn campers and the map currently encourages it.

Upvote 0
well all im sayin is that if the majority of games on a map end up in mass spawn campin that usually means the map wasnt designed correctly. i dont care if its of a real place or a completely made up one. i dont like spawn campers and the map currently encourages it.

If you sit in your spawn area and camp that ridiculously long space between spawns, you will lose very, very quickly.

How does that encourage sitting in spawn?

I think it's more of a matter that a lot of people new to RO don't grasp the fundamentals yet, or might be too afraid of getting shot while going for the cap.

Upvote 0
If you sit in your spawn area and camp that ridiculously long space between spawns, you will lose very, very quickly.

How does that encourage sitting in spawn?

I think it's more of a matter that a lot of people new to RO don't grasp the fundamentals yet, or might be too afraid of getting shot while going for the cap.

well as an example i will explain 1 round i remember today.

playin as the russians and on our side south from the number 1 spawn area we had 2 panzers and atlest 6-7 infantry sitting just to the side of the little allyway there destroying anyone and everyone that even got close to leaving the spawn area. i think we managed to round up 4-5 men to try and push them out with smoke as cover but it failed everytime becuase of the tanks.

now that was an extreme case that i have yet to see again but it is easy for both sides to box eachother in their own spawns. infact right now its easier for the teams to box eachother in the spawns then it is to take objs.

Upvote 0