• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tacti-cool Guns

well, TWI made them, i just added some extra features.

which are overpowered? should i change the damage or function or something?

yeah there's a m1a1 thompson in the miscguns pack, also a thompson 1928a1 (chicago typewriter) unfortunately i can't get the reload correct (they load from the side, not from bottom) because i dont know how to animate stuff.

Upvote 0
yeah there's a m1a1 thompson in the miscguns pack, also a thompson 1928a1 (chicago typewriter) unfortunately i can't get the reload correct (they load from the side, not from bottom) because i dont know how to animate stuff.
Are they compatible with this mod? I mean, can I run both of them at the same time? Could you fuse them if not? :confused:

Upvote 0
Never test balance on easy or normal really. I remember starting the game and thinking that husks were silly easy because you could actually kill them with the 9mm in like, 2 headshots. then you play hard or higher and realize how much of a b*tch they are :p That said, the ruger could take maybe a 10% cut in power - i did notice that i was bodyshotting all the trash and even single headshotting scrakes on hard. Could be just a tad weaker. Scope power adjustment comes first tho plz... i can't use the scoped pistols because the power is so strong :(

Upvote 0
deagle = 12 fov; default damage
ruger = 4 fov; 350 damage
m4 tactical = 12fov; 60 damage
ebrsniper = 12fov; 150 damage
beretta=25min/60max damage

so change which to what?

i only gave ruger 5 bullets, should i make the reload longer?

Are they compatible with this mod? I mean, can I run both of them at the same time? Could you fuse them if not? :confused:

yes you can run them both easy, just edit the customtradershop or serverperks ini's to include the pickups (found in modgunsv01.ucl)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Never test balance on easy or normal really. I remember starting the game and thinking that husks were silly easy because you could actually kill them with the 9mm in like, 2 headshots. then you play hard or higher and realize how much of a b*tch they are :p That said, the ruger could take maybe a 10% cut in power - i did notice that i was bodyshotting all the trash and even single headshotting scrakes on hard. Could be just a tad weaker. Scope power adjustment comes first tho plz... i can't use the scoped pistols because the power is so strong :(

^^ sorry, like i said, i tested them on that because i was short on time, i'll go and test them out more on higher difficulties.

Upvote 0
deagle = 12 fov; default damage
ruger = 4 fov; 350 damage
m4 tactical = 12fov; 60 damage
ebrsniper = 12fov; 150 damage
beretta=25min/60max damage

so change which to what?

i only gave ruger 5 bullets, should i make the reload longer?
WIth the Ruger (if it's the same as what it was when I first alpha-ed it for you) then give it slow reload speed as a must. Also limit it's ammo to something small but usable still so it compensates for the power it gives. The scope shouldn't zoom in as far as it should so it's still usable for pretty much any map but obviously nothing too close otherwise the zoom would be pointless. Maybe lowering it's damage slightly to maybe 250-275 would be better for it aswel.

Upvote 0
RO

I have to say, this is one excellent mod. Barring the small issues, this really is an accomplishment.
The M4, with the side tilt, when in full auto, is just amazing.

I have been so busy lately, I haven't had time to play the game or anything but finally downloaded them today and boy, am I impressed.

Look forward to more weapons and ironed out bugs and this will be one hell of a weapon pack.

I love the scope on the M4, where did you get it?

thank you very much, i mostly just made these for fun, just to mess around with on my server (i had custom perks for them) then decided to just release these here for schitzen'giggles.

lol i cant say where i got the scope, cause i'll probably get sued!

WIth the Ruger (if it's the same as what it was when I first alpha-ed it for you) then give it slow reload speed as a must. Also limit it's ammo to something small but usable still so it compensates for the power it gives. The scope shouldn't zoom in as far as it should so it's still usable for pretty much any map but obviously nothing too close otherwise the zoom would be pointless. Maybe lowering it's damage slightly to maybe 250-275 would be better for it aswel.

ok, increase reloadrate, decrease bullet damage, should i take off the penetrations? (it has ummm 2 max)
increase fov to 12? 20?

also, i only play on modelhigh, so i havent messed with modelow scope or texturescope settings, i'll probably make a total black texture for texturedscope setting, to force ppl to use model low or model high.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok, increase reloadrate, decrease bullet damage, should i take off the penetrations? (it has ummm 2 max)
increase fov to 12? 20?
Penetration i'd say to keep there cause with high power and low amount of ammo may make people think "what's the point?", so keeping the bullet penetration gives you that chance of two for one moments.

The FOV i'd say get it very similar to the SCAR because it's well known and wont force anyone to get use to it.

Upvote 0
Was playing on your server for short time and your weapons are coming along great, But I did catch some bugs. Mosin/K98 Snipers textured scopes are bugged(Texture tiles), TT33 melee animation does not play/Shop name is "Walther TT33". PTRD 3rd person doesn't display properly and the Scoped M14 fire animation is off for rapid fire. Might want to change the FOV for the standard Mosin/K98 to match with other weapons. The springfield/enfield textured scopes grunge texture is a bit bright. Also the Recoil on the PPsH and Thomson is a bit excessive.

Another thing, The version of my 1945 weapons has code for the bolt actions that stops them from reloading without emptying the clips/magazine(Reload animation doesn't get interrupted.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
here's some guns i messed around with, just for fun as a side project:

UPDATED CODE+Asset V.014

open the ucl file and add the pickups to serverperks or customtradershop.

oh yeah, tell me if i missed some files.... cause i do that sometimes.

oh yeah i'll fix up the m4/m203 so it will function better, and throw it up here.

===============//
(pics by moorarchanax, -thanks!)
beretta with suppressor, alt fire toggles laser:
RG5Dqh.jpg

Desert Eagle with longer barrel and scope:
kzhMGh.jpg

Ruger 460 with scope: (i changed the playerviewoffset in v.013)
bO8Lmh.jpg

M4 with suppressor:
f36k8h.jpg

M14 with scope and suppressor (alt fire toggles auto fire): (i adjusted the playerviewoffset for this too)
ZvHbxh.jpg

M4 with scope and reddot sidemount (altfire toggles scope+semiauto and reddot+fullauto)
qF71oh.jpg

//=============
here's what i put in my serverperksv5.ini forthese to be in trader:
TraderInventory=8:modgunsv01.berettasPickup
TraderInventory=8:modgunsv01.deaglesPickup
TraderInventory=8:modgunsv01.magnum44sPickup
TraderInventory=8:modgunsv01.ebrsniperPickup
TraderInventory=8:modgunsv01.m4sPickup
TraderInventory=8:modgunsv01.m4stacPickup
WeaponCategories=Pistols
WeaponCategories=Bolt-Action Rifles
WeaponCategories=Self-Loading Rifles
WeaponCategories=Scoped
WeaponCategories=Submachineguns
WeaponCategories=Assault Rifles
WeaponCategories=Light Machine Guns
WeaponCategories=Heavy Machine Guns
WeaponCategories=#8 modguns

these are running in conjunction with miscgunsv01 on my testing server:

63.251.20.106:9807
===============================
@RO_Sauce - tried downloading using the link: UPDATED CODE+Asset V.014; it says forbidden. any updated link I can download from? really want to use the guns you have here.

thanks

Upvote 0