• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Summer Update Second Beta Changelog

It's been eight days and TW is completely silent. I wonder if it's really worth leaving a compliment, a complaint, an indignation, a suggestion here. Eight days without any response from TW. Did the whole team go on vacation? Are they reading everything we're writing? My colleagues, as I have already written, respect everyone's opinion, we are all in this together.

Upvote 0
phmarj;n2320898 said:
It's been eight days and TW is completely silent. I wonder if it's really worth leaving a compliment, a complaint, an indignation, a suggestion here. Eight days without any response from TW. Did the whole team go on vacation? Are they reading everything we're writing? My colleagues, as I have already written, respect everyone's opinion, we are all in this together.

Yeah this might be a waste of time sadly but without having a one-to-one with one of the TWI guys I'm really not sure what else to do...

I'm just hoping that we can keep these topics relevant and objective and think of clever fixes and compromises that are especially ideal on account of a) being low-hanging fruit tweaks from a development perspective and b) getting the ball over the net as far as TWI not gaslighting the community or contradicting themselves is concerned and helping to keep the most influential veteran players from quitting or taking their servers down

The game's so awesome much of the time and has a skill cap high enough to keep even the best players coming back for more, so it would be a shame to see the game begin to die off from here and for problems like my personal top 5 on page four to stay where they are... All those spawning issues and such do is ruin the immersion and make it feel as if there's too much focus on casual gameplay and pretty graphics and like you've "outgrown" the game when you can reach the point where you can see that the back of the fence isn't entirely painted at higher levels

Upvote 0
ShingoMurata;n2320897 said:
Ah finally a sincere post. Well in that case maybe you can appreciate why I've had enough of foolish players and cut me a break?

I only just started playing again this year and seriously man in one of my first games I was flamed over voice constantly for the thick end of an hour...

Typical scrub who lost position at the beginning of wave 3 to weak trash and ended up backing into a bloat with some gorefiends or whatever pinning him up against it... He just flat out panicked and flapped around like a fish whilst the bloat chopped his arms off, and he quite visibly had no awareness of what anybody else was doing at the time or that I was actually healing him and was even tempted to jump into the brawl to bail him out even though it was clearly too late and they would probably have did me as well...

Guy decides it's my fault and proceeds to scream at me down mic every wave after he dies 30 seconds in and 5 minutes later I'm the last one alive trying to keep the dropped weapons fresh and all that jazz... Absolute nightmare and it was a miracle I got that game to the boss which luckily they managed to deal with

I have no choice really but to assume that those kinds of people come onto this forum from time to time as well so if somebody's flooding me with irrelevant posts with no / inaccurate information and personal jibes designed to project toxicity onto me and tempt others to join in I'll just have to assume it's bait and giggle at it

That guy would have been happy to see the others join in flaming me and even kick me probably even though they wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes and it was all for no reason other than that he didn't like having the zeds make a ***** out of him so unfortunately it looks to me like trolls have still managed to up their game since last year

I'm not flaming you, I have not been flaming you.
Trolling you maybe ;) You are too easy, you even admit to taking abuse for an hour instead of quitting a server.

You need to let go of your past abuses in game when you are here. The likelihood that any of your abusers are in this thread is pretty small and if they are this isn't the place to handle them.

If you are a good person trying to do good for the KF2 community, that message gets clouded by your attitude. State your opinions and facts on the beta and let it go. There's no need to tell us how players abuse in you game, or how inferior everybody is to you. The first makes you look like a whiner and the second makes you look like a jerk. You have some good points and tech, post just that and let the rest go.

Be happy...

Upvote 0
SrPollo;n2320902 said:
I'm not flaming you, I have not been flaming you.
Trolling you maybe ;) You are too easy, you even admit to taking abuse for an hour instead of quitting a server.

You need to let go of your past abuses in game when you are here. The likelihood that any of your abusers are in this thread is pretty small and if they are this isn't the place to handle them.

If you are a good person trying to do good for the KF2 community, that message gets clouded by your attitude. State your opinions and facts on the beta and let it go. There's no need to tell us how players abuse in you game, or how inferior everybody is to you. The first makes you look like a whiner and the second makes you look like a jerk. You have some good points and tech, post just that and let the rest go.

Be happy...

Nah mate you've just misunderstood me or read too much into what I'm saying instead of taking it literally

I'm happy to be a jerk whose points are listened to than a nice guy who's ignored... Catch my drift?

I don't take being flamed personally or else obviously I _would_ have left; that guy would have perhaps flamed someone who would have been upset if I'd not been there, and the purpose of the game was to get back into the swing of hitting headshots, so the extra challenge posed by my team dying every wave was as good as a jacked up controlled difficulty game to warm me back up

If he'd apologised and asked me to join him for some games I would have been more than happy to go medic for him and hit some more headshots

Now if you'll just stop projecting your bizarre need for personal acceptance on this forum and your rough childhood or whatever onto me like I said please... ? You're hijacking the thread with the kind of nonsense that will stop valuable community input from being noticed here like I implied above

Address some of the points I made. Forget the personal frat boy crap. Seriously, give it a go...

You say corpses ought to be a part of the terrain. Unfortunately it ain't gonna happen till KF3 with a newer Unreal engine. Happy to be proven wrong or hear more suggestions but till then, case closed, sorry mate.

You had some complaint to register about the metallic properties of the robots but I'm not even clear on what exactly you want changed. How about a constructive suggestion mate? Like I said I'm largely indifferent and very much doubt they'll be removed entirely, hence my own suggestions... What are yours?

Give it a go mate. No ad hominem. You can do it.

Upvote 0
SrPollo;n2320895 said:
I'm with you on this. So what we (my group of steam friends) do is to put up our own servers. There's a handy mod that kicks players below a configurable perk level. We use another to raise the difficulty by allowing more zeds on the map at one time. We typically run them as 12 player servers.

Also as the server owner/admin you can kick or ban players as you choose for whatever reason. The players that fit our style stay and some become friends and eventually server admins as well.

Putting up a server is pretty easy, heck you can just rent one if you don't want it in your house. It doesn't take much to run a 6 player server, pretty much any 5yr old or newer pc with 4GB memory can do it.

does that auto kick for level derank the server?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Many people seem to be concerned that they don't fit into the environment. What if they just re-skinned the EDARs to be a "DOOM" like demon? Husks, in my opinion, are already very similar to a revenant.

"Military operatives that have been methodically transformed into demonic combatants through cybernetic augmentation...by attaching a Multiple Launch Rocket Battery (MLRB) onto each shoulder of the patient" - DOOM Wiki

"Husks appear as humanoid males... They have a gas mask stitched to their faces and metal platings strewn about their bodies, as well as a fuel tank strapped to their backs. Their most distinctively feature is their right arm, which has been replaced with a cannon" - KF2 wiki

I know the lore behind zeds and doom are different but both include bio-augmentation of weaponry. Per KF lore "bigger ones were the first in the program that were armed with weapons, like a blade or chainsaw. Even more advanced weapons, such as rocket launchers and chainguns, were developed for use with the program, but it was shut down before any clones were created with these weapons". Historically there was other zeds with ranged weaponry that were not officially added (i.e. Fleshpound chain gunner).

If players really don't want robots they could add a little flesh and bone to the models, change the sounds and change the animations. Adding more zeds with bio-augmented weapons seems plausible. As to not waste TW time and resources they could just save the current EDAR skins and use them as a seasonal skin in the future.

tl;dr what if the EDARs were skinned as new zeds with weapon augmentations?

Reactions: Bladerunner42
Upvote 0
After reading so many negative opinions about these changes, look what is going to happen ...

z4cUqQO.jpg

Upvote 0