• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Suggestion for PTRD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quietus

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 25, 2005
California
As for the PTRD damaging the optics on a Tiger, like I said before I have no doubt that it's possible. Hitting them on the other hand is a different matter.
Here's a good pic in which you can clearly see the gunner's optics. The two black spots to the right of the barrel are the holes in the mantlet for the optics (Zeiss Turmzielfernr

Letum

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 24, 2006
Yeah hitting those 2 tiny peep holes would be like 1 in 1000 chance even when close. What's the deal with the drivers hatches on German tanks? Are they generally the same thickness as the rest of the frontal armor or less?
I can hit a man at 500m with the PTRD so I think I could hit the optics ~10% of the time at 50m

Cuddles

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 2, 2006
Area 51
PTRD idea.......maby

PTRD idea.......maby

Is it possible to shoot 1 PTRD bullet through several people? I havent got a chance to do so so i have no idea :(.If not plz implement this into RO PLZ :D

Nifel

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2006
Norway
Bah, I wouldn't want them to do anything about it if you can't. This isn't CS where people tend to bunch up in tight corridors, so it won't happen often I can promise you.

They'd have to do it with all the rifles/MG's as well too.

SheepDip

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
The Elitist Prick Club
To be fair, I don't think there should be any reason to encourage people to use the PTRD as an anti infantry weapon when so many struggle with it as it is...use a rifle or a machine gun if you want to kill infantry and stop using an important class for what it's not supposed to be used for, odds are if there's a PTRD on a map there's gonna be a vehicle.

I am however behind the idea of shots penetrating (not limited to the PTRD)

IncredibleGeek

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 18, 2006
Didn't the mod have people penetration? I vaguely remember dropping two guys at once with well placed rifle rounds.

Gomer Pyle

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 11, 2005
Upstate New York, USA
Didn't the mod have people penetration? I vaguely remember dropping two guys at once with well placed rifle rounds.
Yep, it did. It was always a nice surprise to fire one shot and see two kills pop up. It didn't happen often but it did help teach people to spread out while advancing and not to bunch up. Just like in real life...

Colt .45 killer

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 19, 2006
well ive had a few VERY rare happenings in ro, ive had about 20 times, where myself and the other shoot at the same time and kill eachother. and once, only once, did i fire a rifle bullet at somone, there was also a teamate of his standing right behind him, it hit him in the high torso/neck area, it killed him AND the guy behind him. i was utterly stunned, i just killed 2 people with one bullet, thats happened to me only once.

Cuddles

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 2, 2006
Area 51
Still its quite weird when a PTRD bullet can pierce a tanks armor but gets stuck in flesh and bone. And didnt real life soldiers ever use a PTRD against infantry in combat?

Sgt._Geist

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 23, 2006
When I was playin the mod I was usin the PTRD on a HT and it went through the whole left side of the HT taking out 3 people....

Yes the mods penetration was awesome! :D

and there was also a time when I was set up in a hallway and 3 guys were raiding the house I was in... they were in a line and as they appeared from the corner.... BOOM! all 3 dead with one PTRD shot..:D

Murphy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
In the mod a bullet could kill an infinite amount of people (limited only by the number of players that stand in a row).
In the retail game, a bullet is stopped by a single player. Its either stopped ar not stopped, although I prefer the not-stopped version, because you can kill 2 people with one bullet in real life too and more people are not likely to stand in a row when you shoot at them so noone has to care if it was done realisticly or not.

Gunrun247

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 18, 2006
Manchester, UK
www.there.com
Also, I think the semi auto one had a scope slapped on it, and was used as a sniper rifle during nam, by the vietnamees. I imagine that would be quite demoralising, to watch your commanders head get disintigrated.

Cuddles

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 2, 2006
Area 51
Also, I think the semi auto one had a scope slapped on it, and was used as a sniper rifle during nam, by the vietnamees. I imagine that would be quite demoralising, to watch your commanders head get disintigrated.
That wold be awesume a PTRD shooting of limbs just like a grenade can do now.:D

Nestor Makhno

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 25, 2006
Penryn, Cornwall
And didnt real life soldiers ever use a PTRD against infantry in combat?
In the acount of being a Tank-Hunter in this fourm: http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16088

The guy talks about his officer shooting a Kazakh soldier in the back of the head with a PTRD after the soldier had become "Contused" (concussed?) and ran towards the German lines.

Why he would have done this I don't know unless by 'contused/concussed' they mean he lost his nerve due to shell-shock and ran that way to surrender.

Whichever, I bet that was one soldier that stayed down, poor sod.

Status
Not open for further replies.