• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Suggestion for PTRD

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the PTRD damaging the optics on a Tiger, like I said before I have no doubt that it's possible. Hitting them on the other hand is a different matter.
Here's a good pic in which you can clearly see the gunner's optics. The two black spots to the right of the barrel are the holes in the mantlet for the optics (Zeiss Turmzielfernr

Upvote 0
To be fair, I don't think there should be any reason to encourage people to use the PTRD as an anti infantry weapon when so many struggle with it as it is...use a rifle or a machine gun if you want to kill infantry and stop using an important class for what it's not supposed to be used for, odds are if there's a PTRD on a map there's gonna be a vehicle.

I am however behind the idea of shots penetrating (not limited to the PTRD)

Upvote 0
Didn't the mod have people penetration? I vaguely remember dropping two guys at once with well placed rifle rounds.
Yep, it did. It was always a nice surprise to fire one shot and see two kills pop up. It didn't happen often but it did help teach people to spread out while advancing and not to bunch up. Just like in real life...

Upvote 0
well ive had a few VERY rare happenings in ro, ive had about 20 times, where myself and the other shoot at the same time and kill eachother. and once, only once, did i fire a rifle bullet at somone, there was also a teamate of his standing right behind him, it hit him in the high torso/neck area, it killed him AND the guy behind him. i was utterly stunned, i just killed 2 people with one bullet, thats happened to me only once.

Upvote 0
When I was playin the mod I was usin the PTRD on a HT and it went through the whole left side of the HT taking out 3 people....

Yes the mods penetration was awesome! :D

and there was also a time when I was set up in a hallway and 3 guys were raiding the house I was in... they were in a line and as they appeared from the corner.... BOOM! all 3 dead with one PTRD shot..:D

Upvote 0
In the mod a bullet could kill an infinite amount of people (limited only by the number of players that stand in a row).
In the retail game, a bullet is stopped by a single player. Its either stopped ar not stopped, although I prefer the not-stopped version, because you can kill 2 people with one bullet in real life too and more people are not likely to stand in a row when you shoot at them so noone has to care if it was done realisticly or not.

Upvote 0
And didnt real life soldiers ever use a PTRD against infantry in combat?

In the acount of being a Tank-Hunter in this fourm: http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16088

The guy talks about his officer shooting a Kazakh soldier in the back of the head with a PTRD after the soldier had become "Contused" (concussed?) and ran towards the German lines.

Why he would have done this I don't know unless by 'contused/concussed' they mean he lost his nerve due to shell-shock and ran that way to surrender.

Whichever, I bet that was one soldier that stayed down, poor sod.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.