• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Stream

PsychoPigeon

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2006
In Unreal
Red Orchestra 2: Rising Storm Custom Map - Stream - YouTube

Can't get on workshop at 120MB.

The map has had one or two passes for detail, but I'd prefer to get the map out there and see the response before committing any more hours. Some areas may look plain.

Bot supported although bots can see through foliage and foliage is the prominent feature in this map. The map can fit 64 players but it will be a blood bath at times, some people like that some don't. I've gone for a more light infantry load out, both sides only get mortars, no flamer, fewer SMGs so hopefully a lot slower gameplay even though the map is relatively small.

DOWNLOAD
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gic28pzaccyja72/RSTE-Stream.rar

Screenshots:
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Great map. Couldn't get pass E cause the caps didn't worked.
But the first half seems very challenging, with its high grass and magnificient water parts.
This is very long map...and quite FPS dropping.
I play any maps at 60 fps, this one goes down to 40.
But the travel is epic and the main and little streams are beautiful.

Upvote 0
The destructible objectives are sensitive, when you press T you have to put the satchel on that object or right next to it, you can't just throw it into the building (i don't know why) but it does all work.

FPS loss is expected in certain areas (really only the first objective/jungle there should be no real loss anywhere else), if you can list what resolution you're playing at and if you have a high end PC. My FPS goes down to 50 in one area but it doesn't bother me. Obviously if your machine is chugging a long then others will be too which means I need tochange stuff. But if it's playable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
WOW!!

What can I say, your map is a masterpiece.
From beginning to end...
Last objective is also a clever idea but I won't ruin the effect.

Manage to get through this time.
Played with bots (16) and without.
The sounds are brillant...(used also the sound mutator)

Took pictures of very small bugs and low framerate.
Of course it is still highly playable for me...because I just changed gears: I7 XXX and GTX 760.

Can't wait to play it.
Thanx this is Xmas!

1rst pic small grass bug
2nd pic FPS drop with high grass
3rd picture can't pass except crouched
4th pic hole in the ground

Attachments

• 2013-12-29_00001.jpg
    2013-12-29_00001.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 0
  • 2013-12-29_00002.jpg
    2013-12-29_00002.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2013-12-29_00003.jpg
    2013-12-29_00003.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2013-12-29_00004.jpg
    2013-12-29_00004.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Mord, do you have more than 24 maps on rotation? Mike who owns the RGN servers says he's played 3 rounds with 45 players and no crashing. Apparently there's a crash that can occur if you have over 24 maps on rotation?

(I'm still testing the map with 64 bots and can't replicate the bug you mentioned but will keep trying)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
At our the Server Crashed after we capped C. There is another big Problem. The AI Pathfinding does not work. Japanese and Some GI AI`s are stuck in D5. Looks a bit funny. There were not Shooting each other but were talking about things i was not able to udnerstand cause i don`t speak Japanese. What i like are the Voices/Sounds of the Birds and things like that. The Map Looks nice but i`m not sure if it is a good idea to have the rivers between all These Cliffs.

Upvote 0
Without a commander the bots pile up in that mentioned area. No big deal for a release. It will be solved easely. I liked this one compared to Kita Jima. Like the stream like the looks. Like the objective setup. It works better than Kita Jima.

But (and I will probably will be crucified my many) I dont like the constant hide and seek in the high grass. It's fun for a part of the map but when it gets a constant hide and seek in high grass. Its a personal thing I guess. Played two long rounds on RGN. I heared the firing close by never seen where. This fun for a while but to me it gets more hide and seek than playing a shooter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0