• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stats Reset Coming

As for the person who said If there are bugs in this fix, then we as a community are largely to blame. TWI cannot fully test these things in the controlled environment of the development studio. They've asked for people to go help test out this fix, but I've never seen more than 8 people doing so at any given time. If we're not willing to help test the fixes, we have absolutely no right to ***** if there are issues with them. Once again, this is only my opinion.

Thats not really a valid statement. Dont have to travel far and call the community out on this one. Take me and you for instance :) Are you saying both of us are to blame that the we have bugged stats? I code fighting video characters for Mugen and the guy that downloads my work is not to blame if I made my character do a 1 hit kill over 9000 damage move. I am to blame as a creator, as TWI is to get fully blamed on this one.

I see your point.....but not really *shrugs*

p.s. I was on beta server today with a bunch of rank 50+ guys running around so....

Upvote 0
So, you only play a game for stats and unlocks and not just for fun? Hm. Well, fair enough. Back on topic then.

It is not so much that you play a game because of stats, but if the game does not have stats or achievements, like many older games it does not matter and is not an issue. RO1 being an example.

However if the devs add such a feature in the game and in order to get the advantage of other players whether your better skilled than they are or not - this is not the point. The point is it's an unlockable feature that will better your characters class, such as reloading so much % faster and/or using a specific weapon or tool used on one that others didn't Earn yet.

I did not spend as much time as I wanted to play this game just because of this possibility of a reset, which (TO ME) would of make all of my time worthless if it gets reset. I am not the only one that thinks like this and there are others, but whatever works right?

It all depends how you play the game, some people, including me, get attached more to the game when we have stats because it gets more personal when your character style/ability/and usability starts to progress and change. All along with our real world skill of just being a better player.

All this being said, I am very happy that this reset will be made, because whether I like it or not - it needs to be done for the fairness of the game as a whole to everyone. Thanks for the progressive work on patching this game up, and I understand what kind of pressure it must be to you folks in TWI. However, I am confident you all learned your lesson on biting more than you can chew, because this cost some people their time and trust into this game.

Upvote 0
This doesn't make any sense at all. Veteran soldiers were not periodically issued brand new weapons to replace old ones. I would also much rather fire a broken-in rifle in a war over a brand new one.

The Heroes look all grizzled, weathered and battle hardened. And they'll be holding shiny new rifles? Bizarre logic.
you can give this guy my shot out mosin. the one that can't hit the barn from the inside. i don't want it as a hero.

Upvote 0
For the upcoming "reset", a lot of posts here just underscore many reasons I dislike "leveling up" in games. It takes a lot of time that now could be wiped clean with a reset of stats.

Personally I liked the upgrades in MOH:Airborne. Actual attachments to each weapon. Each helped with accuracy and were real world. Did not take hundreds of hours to achieve. Historically accurate as well.

So if it improves the game play, the graphics, fps and other stuff.......I welcome the reset. I still have the game I originally bought. And perhaps with a few improvements. IMHO it still will take too long to level up completely.

Upvote 0
Feels very warm inside...a good dose of honesty always goes down a treat ^^, Keep on moving devs...not far now...almost made it :D

Resetting stats shouldnt exactly be a hard choice to make...to any player who feels annoyed about a reset...you shouldnt be allowed to feel good about your life. Surely this applies to NO1...so every1 can still continue to go about their day.

Thats the only line of poop I read...that smelled like poop.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the news Ramm!! :)

imho, double XP is not needed.
When and how much one plays is a function of his/her life at the moment.

Wipe the stats, give the inB4 achievement and whatever a player is justly due from his purchase (DDE) and/or RO1 experience.

I agree with Floyd. Just apply the fixes and well do the rest :)

And....

MUVRu.png

Lone hater gonna hate, lonely :cool:

Upvote 0
I keep saying that the whole MMO system was probably the single worst mistake in this game, and each passing day just proves me right.

Just looking at the amount of problems it spawned directly or indirectly is astonishing.

-People playing for stats and not for fun (even if they find the game fun, some people just can't have fun while there is that long term objective itching you in the back).
-To prove it, the fact that the broken system just threw so many people out, phenomena that didn't occur in Ostfront without any stat system at all, it just becomes the main objective of the game.
-Unrealistic loadouts that completely breaks immersion.
-Balance issues.
-Game delayed, buggy, unfinished, and with missing features.
-Alienating their faithful community.
-The realism mode not being a "realism mode".
-Even the whole MKB fiasco is related to it.

Lets see if devs can get this crap into their heads: WORKING =/= FUN.

I was lucky that some of my weapons glitched several times and now the game felt more like how the game should be, but I did my fair share of work, and there is no way I'm working my way up again to have a complete game, I don't even feel like starting or to even touch the game anymore until the mods start to appear.

Some years ago who would have imagine there would be discussions like this in a Red Orchestra game... stat reset? really?

I don't know how could anyone think that stats are a good idea, or in what possible way could it benefit the players enjoyment when all it does is add a long term pressure element. You released Ostfront, which was a masterpiece. You guys know how to make a good game that is fun to play... so why THIS now?

Do you think it makes anyone feel good to max out a weapon level? NO it doesn't, it just makes the person forget about that weapon and go for the next weapon grind frustration. And in case someone would manage to level all up? then what? the game will just feel empty then.

The numbers speak for themselves, only 680 players right now according to the browser, and thats only 3 weeks after the game release.

In short, you drove away most of old timers and the new easy cash audience that was seduced by the expensive marketing campaign is nowhere to be found either, and the legacy is just a stat system that some OCD ridden farmers think they "enjoy" and a frustration to those like me who still want to like this game despite its problems.

Last edited:
Upvote 0