• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Starting weapons -> Starting cash

Sammers

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 2, 2009
Scotland
I've seen mixed views on the starting weapons that a player spawns with on levels 5 and 6. Some think it makes the game too easy, others are irritated by the fact that they prefer the level 5 weapon to their current level 6 one. I just wondered; would it be better perhaps to just have levels 5 and 6 start with a bit of extra cash instead of a weapon?
Perhaps even based upon perk as well as level, as Demo is considerably more expensive than some others, for example. Would have to be balanced to co-exist with the discounts too though.

Not too sure about this, but I thought I'd throw it out there to see what people thought.

Reactions: C_Gibby and Aze
The point of the guns you spawn with kinda is that you're not royally screwed with only a 9mm on higher waves if you can't make it to the trader as a high level perk.
Guess how much some extra dosh helps you in that case.

Thats more like it.

What they should do tho, is disable spawning weapons if you got killed or suicided. A lot of people kill themselves to get extra cash from the spawning weapons. Give a starting weapon only for newly connected people.

Upvote 0
If extra spawn money will be given, suicide exploiting will be even bigger than now it is with xbow.
Some time ago I suggested to completely remove sell price of initial weapons, compensating it by lowering weapon base prices. So weapons could be afforded faster, but players couldn't exploit suicide.

Upvote 0
soo

soo

If extra spawn money will be given, suicide exploiting will be even bigger than now it is with xbow.
Some time ago I suggested to completely remove sell price of initial weapons, compensating it by lowering weapon base prices. So weapons could be afforded faster, but players couldn't exploit suicide.

sooo. your kinda saying.

starting weapons should have no selling value.
and start with extra cash :)

Upvote 0
But you don't get full price for weapons you sell. And you CANT grab that shotgun because your first slot is filled by default, so you only have 14 to work with, or 7 with your LAR. Furthermore you must not be playing on very high difficulties, because it's nearly impossible to find ammo on Suicidal/HoE, much less weapons.
Uh wait, you CAN have a shotgun and a LAR, I can recall playing with it on the early waves (LaR = 6 kg and shotgun = 8 kg). And there is no discount with the LAR and you indeed sell it for 150.

Conclusion: Your calculations have more holes in them than Scientific Creationism.
Yea, good line...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sounds alright, but I think it will be a pain in the arse for Suicidal and HoE. I think level 5 should let us start with extra dosh, and then level 6 should let us start with the current level 5 weapon, or the other way around. Personally, I think that while the Xbow and Hunty are good weapons, I think they suck hi-def clot penis as a wave 1 choice compared to the LAR and pumpy. AK is good, but I think Bullpup would be better for wave 1 because then the players have to work towards the AK instead of starting with half of their loadout, and they'd also learn to appreciate the pup a bit more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
haha haha haha

haha haha haha

Sounds alright, but I think it will be a pain in the arse for Suicidal and HoE. I think level 5 should let us start with extra dosh, and then level 6 should let us start with the current level 5 weapon, or the other way around. Personally, I think that while the Xbow and Hunty are good weapons, I think they suck hi-def clot penis as a wave 1 choice compared to the LAR and pumpy. AK is good, but I think Bullpup would be better for wave 1 because then the players have to work towards the AK instead of starting with half of their loadout, and they'd also learn to appreciate the pup a bit more.

HAHAHAHA I LAUGHED SO HARD.... "pup" is boobs in my language.

I'm of topic ain't I :O

Upvote 0
Uh wait, you CAN have a shotgun and a LAR, I can recall playing with it on the early waves (LaR = 6 kg and shotgun = 8 kg). And there is no discount with the LAR and you indeed sell it for 150.

My fault, I thought he was claiming that the LAR weighs 7 blocks, and so by his logic with the first slot filled by default it would be at 8/15 kilos.

As for the discount, I was referring to the one the trader takes when she buys YOUR weapons.

Upvote 0
To clarify, I'm not really campaigning to have this in the game, I'm just wondering how viable it would be and seeing what everyone thinks. Some good points raised by a lot of people. Except Andysowhat, ho ho ho. Just kidding.

Also,
That's funny, because for us, "pup" is a baby mammal. :p (applies to pretty much every canid and even Seals, IIRC)
Mammally Gland.

Upvote 0