• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some thoughts on the new weapons!

Oh man, this update has blown my mind!
I wanted to list the guns from favorite to least, although I love them all.

M4- I got this gun and after the first kill I started freaking out about how rad it was to all of my buddies. It's a more stable AK in my opinion, and is much more accurate, too. The model looks great (digging the PMAGs!), the reload is rad, the aimpoint is super useful, the gun looks and feels awesome. certainly my favorite gun in KF to date! BTW, the M4 can only go 3 round burst, M4A1 is the auto varient. Doesn't matter and we all get what you mean, just a "the more you know" moment!

M4 W/M203- I got it, saw a big group of small specs, and decided to fire the pro-pipe on the bottom.

I lost my Sh*t

The M4's are phenomenal, I only like the aimpoint m4 for the accuracy, cost, and it being a commando perk. But I like the M4/203 just as much

MP5M
I was just expecting a slower, weaker MP7 (because remember, the higher the number, the stronger the damage is. bullet caliber is just a stupid myth) but when I bought it I got this strange sense of enjoyment. Maybe it was from never having to reload ever again. It's a ton o' fun to use, the model and firing sound makes my fell all SPEC-OPS when I use it. My enjoyment was curbed a little because the flashlight in the handgaurd wasn't functional, maybe add it in? Never even going to think about that MP7 again, though.

just an FYI, the spare magazine for the reload animation can be see in first person, maybe fix that up, too?

Combat shotgun
I remember saying something about an M4 super 90 a while back, and I'm glad to see y'all at tripwire have the same excellent tastes in zombie killing tech. Was everything I imagined. The model looked a little strange at first for some reason, but I never really had a problem with it after the first time I picked it up, was probably the color scheme. I had a blast using it, until I got the M4, then I left the super 90 in the dust because HOLY CRAP THE M4 LOOKS COOL!

Also, WORKING FLASHLIGHT, WOOOOOOOOOOOO (That really shouldn't be something to freak out over, I have no clue why I am.)

Mega-buster
nerdy? yes. Worth it? totally. If it wasn't so expensive I'd use it all the time. Combine with highlander sword for maximum zero. Combine with Benneli M3 for maximum Frank West. I love this gun to death.

From the looks of it, it's a S&W M27, not sure (anaconda would of also been cool). I like it a lot, but my favorite magnum has got to be the deagle. although the deagle can't really compare to hitting up 2 M27's and going total Roy Rogers on a snowman. A lot of fun, but the other new guns are even more fun.

Shaun-Con highlander sword
Claymore? is that right? looks sick, didn't use it that much. Weird glitch happens when you use it so, I dunno.

This update is just flat out incredible, thank y'all so much!

Reactions: C_Gibby
Upvote 0
No, commando does not get any bonuses for, or perk progression from, using the m4 with m203 attachment.

He does get a few bonuses though:
*Reloads faster (obviously, since he gets that on all weapons)
*Bigger magazine (but not extra ammo)
*Less recoil (i noticed a big difference)
*Unsure, but what about damage?

But i can confirm: No perk progression when killing with the M4+M203's bullets. Those bullets are 100% "wasted" experience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0