• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So when's something new coming?

Many people on this planet live 20 days on 20 dollars. So yes, 20 bucks is very much if you trade 20 days of stayin' alive for a mediocre zombieshooter.

Did they finally ban this pseudo-intellectual twit? I was getting tired of his idiotic banter, you could literally feel yourself getting dumber by the syllable on each passing word.

Yeah, because people can live on $20 USD a day. :rolleyes:

Go play Left 4 Bed DLC. I just bought two copies of Ostfront, I'll probably buy two more just to spite you and to support Tripwire Interactive.

C'mon HoS!!!

Upvote 0
Presumably the issue is why release net content just to please existing owners? That really is taking food out of TWI's children mouths. So the question is will TWI be able to finance another big new content update funded by new sales, discretionary DLC and advertising. The answer is no. So why do it? KF turned out to be a nice little earner for TWI and stop gaped 2009. 2010 is HoS so don't hold your breath for significant new content. Patch yes for bugs and balance but that is it.

Reactions: trick
Upvote 0
That really is taking food out of TWI's children mouths. So the question is will TWI be able to finance another big new content update funded by new sales, discretionary DLC and advertising. The answer is no. So why do it?

I can't help but feel this is hyperbolic.

I note that you are a senior member, as such I defer to your experience. That said, do you have a pipe-line into their boardroom or something to substantiate your claims?

Upvote 0
That said, do you have a pipe-line into their boardroom or something to substantiate your claims?

The issue might be this:

1. Company that has reputation of adding new content over the time adds content and fixes some stuff somewhat regularly.
2. If the company in question doesn't do anything for some time (bit over a month seems to be quite rough average), people get suspicious about if they are dropping the support and begins to ask when new content might be coming, when, what content etc etc.

The longer period of time that passes between point #1 and #2, the more of those threads appear and eventually it becomes a rumourfest of diffrent things. Basically comparable that online store has technical website difficulties and has connection issues (which is beyond their control) for few hours and you can already find people wondering about if it went banktrupt, if they were scamming etc all over the place.

Considering they have already a mountain of things to look into (based on common complaints, and they've addressed they are looking into them) I wouldn't expect there to be ten new weapons without addressing some old issues first, and even if they were to add them it would probably take several months before we see them for good.

Upvote 0
Considering they have already a mountain of things to look into...I wouldn't expect there to be ten new weapons without addressing some old issues first...

Absolutely, one thing at a time. Personally, I'm patient enough to wait another month for a quality balancing patch. I can only imagine the nightmare they are potentially going through right now.

I certainly don't expect new content in the immediate future - but I do expect it eventually. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the official release of the game is a barely a year old? With the (theoretical) revenue that I hope is being generated from AD's, I have an expectation that we will get some content love before 2010 has come and gone.

But, what the hell do I know, right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
More work is planned for KF but atm, there is a big push on ROHOS. Remember, Tripwire is still a relativly small studio with only 20 or so full time personel at any given time (it has been growing at a steady pace however, for example RO had 1 full time coder, KF had 2-3, ROHOS has more) We'll be sure to let you guys know when we have something ready for public knowledge either for ROHOS or KF.

Upvote 0
More work is planned for KF but atm, there is a big push on ROHOS. Remember, Tripwire is still a relativly small studio with only 20 or so full time personel at any given time (it has been growing at a steady pace however, for example RO had 1 full time coder, KF had 2-3, ROHOS has more) We'll be sure to let you guys know when we have something ready for public knowledge either for ROHOS or KF.

This is all I wanted to know.
Thanks Yoshiro

Upvote 0
certainly don't expect new content in the immediate future - but I do expect it eventually.

Which in other words means simply waiting. It reguires patience which is quite nonexistant in common gamer today, as instead of waiting for some notable timeslot (several months) before truly oogling or asking around it's week or few max ;)

Upvote 0
I am literally about to go insane with anticipation for an update.

You who have sinned and slept in the bed of ROHOS, may yet receive redemption! Hark! Turn away from thou vile mistress, and embrace the One True Game, else all your souls be lost in eternal damnation!

Hallowed be its name, for it is the Killing, the Floor, and the Awesome Eternal, Ramen.

Upvote 0