• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So when's something new coming?

Another map will not be enough. If they want people to keep playing then its increase perks to 7, a radical overhaul of the difficulties and even more guns. But you do have to ask yourself where do they go from hear armory wise. It's pretty hardcore with the SCAR and pewpewpew as it is. However I think the answer is they throw out a balancing patch and most people will just say "so what? I am playing something else now anyway". Those who left is a hissy fit aren't likely to return in droves. 2010 is the year of HoS... 2009 was the year of the KF. People expecting more freebies should seriously lower their expectations. We have a saying when talking about our annual bonus' that also applies here... aim low and then aim lower

Upvote 0
People expecting more freebies should seriously lower their expectations. We have a saying when talking about our annual bonus' that also applies here... aim low and then aim lower

Honestly, that's not a very satisfying conclusion.

I'm not putting any time line on this, but after an initial balance patch - I would hope to see at least ONE update on par with the 'level-up content patch' before KF is put to bed altogether.

I have this expectation because of the in-game AD's, which were supposed to generate revenue for future content.

So, is this an unrealistic expectation?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
2010 is the year of HoS... 2009 was the year of the KF. People expecting more freebies should seriously lower their expectations. We have a saying when talking about our annual bonus' that also applies here... aim low and then aim lower
RO just got something like 14 new weapons and 10 new maps(estimates, I forget the actual figures) after it was long dead, so what makes you think Killing Floor will be any different? Sure it might not be immediate, but I certainly expect at least another content pack in the future.

Upvote 0
After RO's release in total it got 4 new weapons, 4 new maps (and 10 community maps) and 3 new vehicles + a lot of code changes like engine updates, server options etc.

What you're meaning sammers is the mods for RO like mare nostrum, carpathian crosses and darkest hour.

But that aside this game probably aint close to being phased out yet, as its simply still selling at its original full price. Its just a matter of patience i think ^^.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Most online gaming companies release updates monthly (if not more often).

Of course I understand that Killing Floor is not an MMO, and that monthly updates would be too difficult, but it's been around 4 months now and we've still yet to see an update.

I'm not asking them to release something right away, I'm asking them to provide info. Is something being worked on? Approximately how big is it? Any idea when it'll be released?

I don't think that kind of info is too much to ask.

Upvote 0
Most online gaming companies release updates monthly (if not more often).

Of course I understand that Killing Floor is not an MMO, and that monthly updates would be too difficult, but it's been around 4 months now and we've still yet to see an update.

I'm not asking them to release something right away, I'm asking them to provide info. Is something being worked on? Approximately how big is it? Any idea when it'll be released?

I don't think that kind of info is too much to ask.

Heavy metal incident.

Upvote 0
personally i would love there to be a LMG, but that's more of a support class weapon, so that probably wont be happening.

I would love a new Zed Boss though and maybe a new zed. I would love one that when killed broke apart into little ones that would maybe come up to ones shins. a sharp shooter would be F***ed. Especially if that new boss kept dropping them every step it took. Also, pretty freaking cool.

Upvote 0
Many people on this planet live 20 days on 20 dollars. So yes, 20 bucks is very much if you trade 20 days of stayin' alive for a mediocre zombieshooter.

Yes....20 bucks would be very much.

but if people are forced to live on 1 dollar a day, i dont think they would be looking at games to buy. And if people choose to live on 1 dollar a day, then im sure they would have alot of money saved up.

besides...killing floor is the perfect game for stingy people. i havnt had greater value for money in years.

your post is just a blatant stab at tripwire for no reason.

Upvote 0
I'm surprised this game has been out as long as it has been and with so few quality maps. Everyone plays westlondon, biotics lab, and departed, and ignores all the other maps like lepers.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't want maps that are too dark to see anything (bedlam and sort of wyre), or maps that have one area that's visible and the rest is all hard to navigate woodlands (wyre).

Upvote 0
I'm surprised this game has been out as long as it has been and with so few quality maps. Everyone plays westlondon, biotics lab, and departed, and ignores all the other maps like lepers.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't want maps that are too dark to see anything (bedlam and sort of wyre), or maps that have one area that's visible and the rest is all hard to navigate woodlands (wyre).

Wrye is a great map, challenging and keeps you moving some of the time if you can't find the spot to hold. Sucks that it has performance issues.

Upvote 0
Wrye is a great map, challenging and keeps you moving some of the time if you can't find the spot to hold. Sucks that it has performance issues.

Wyre doesn't keep you moving at all. Everyone always runs to the trader, then runs back to the dilapidated military base in the center and crowds on the roof or adjacent broken walls.

In other words, as is the strategy in most maps, everyone camps. The only map that doesn't force this is departed, but even then most people tend to camp in the alley bordering the lake and shift around into the connecting alley between the trader shop (the broken building) and its adjacent building.

Upvote 0
Wyre doesn't keep you moving at all. Everyone always runs to the trader, then runs back to the dilapidated military base in the center and crowds on the roof or adjacent broken walls.

In other words, as is the strategy in most maps, everyone camps. The only map that doesn't force this is departed, but even then most people tend to camp in the alley bordering the lake and shift around into the connecting alley between the trader shop (the broken building) and its adjacent building.

Dex increased the spawn rate on his maps which does keep you moving alot of the time because trying to hold out tends to fail (Even on hard).
IMO they should rework the difficulties and up the spawn times.

Upvote 0

Or they camp on the harborside. Large stretch of flat terrain. Very boring imho.

Upvote 0

If the AI would have better pathtracking the roof would be alot harder to stay on. Especially the bigger Zeds are struggling to get on the roof.

Upvote 0