• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Sniper Elite V2

So the first one is better?

In my opinion, and even so logically speaking, yes it is. The A.I. is a lot more cunning and challenging. They still have some quirks or bugs once in a blue but its solid. The story and weapons make much more historical sense, and the character control is more deep.

The only thing people will scoff at is its "outdated graphics" which is quite funny considering it is a good looking game for being a 2005 release. The levels are more open ended, less linear and all the mechanics including sniping are much more in depth as well. 26 levels and a bonus mission, lots of replayability. Only thing missing is the x-ray ability in the kill cams (though kill cams are very much a part of the game).

I would recommend it to everyone to pick up on Steam.

gratz man :) you are a moderator now!

Yes, thanks. I'm now at the mercy of the users here.

Upvote 0
So the first one is better?
A lot better, yes. And not just because the second one is so bad.
The first one is actually a pretty good tactical shooter and it has a unique, interesting espionage story too.
If you've played the V2 demo turn off all the assists and then imagine the exact same game but with levels that are big and open enough to allow you to play stealthy and a lack of health-regeneration and objectives that force you to.

Or play the Sniper Elite (1) demo.

I would recommend it to everyone to pick up on Steam.
Except Germans. The German version is cut and it's not just missing blood, it's missing the kill-cam! Arguably the game's biggest feature. You're better off importing it.

The only thing people will scoff at is its "outdated graphics" which is quite funny considering it is a good looking game for being a 2005 release.
Even when it was released it was average looking at best.
But the levels are pretty big and the washed out graphics ultimately look ok because they fit in with the depressing color-scheme. So it doesn't look bad and it held up ok.
But it was never a looker.

Upvote 0
Even when it was released it was average looking at best.
But the levels are pretty big and the washed out graphics ultimately look ok because they fit in with the depressing color-scheme. So it doesn't look bad and it held up ok.
But it was never a looker.

Comparing it to other similar games of that year, in my opinion it looks good. Yet, I'm more leaning towards the attention to detail and aesthetics rather then the overall glitziness of the game. It still carries well and is hardly a deal breaker.

Upvote 0