[Game] Sniper Elite V2

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Murphy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
Aha, someone's been playing Mortal Kombat... Don't like it. I hope getting to see people's skeletons is either just for the trailer or at the very least can be disabled ingame. It's morbidly goofy, I get that, but it would take me out of the game.

The bullet cam as such, I like though, even if the camera swayed a little much. Iirc that was handled better in the first game.

Funny bit of trivia about the first game, btw: In the German version the bullet cam feature was taken out. The one thing the game had going for it, basically. Just cut out, lol.

Reactions: fOgGy

Flogger23m

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2009
I bought the first one and just can not get into it. Seems like a nice game though. Such a game with RO2 mechanics would be interesting. I don't care for kill cams though, and that does look a bit silly.

Comrade Kaizer

Grizzled Veteran
May 21, 2009
Aha, someone's been playing Mortal Kombat... Don't like it. I hope getting to see people's skeletons is either just for the trailer or at the very least can be disabled ingame. It's morbidly goofy, I get that, but it would take me out of the game.

The bullet cam as such, I like though, even if the camera swayed a little much. Iirc that was handled better in the first game.

Funny bit of trivia about the first game, btw: In the German version the bullet cam feature was taken out. The one thing the game had going for it, basically. Just cut out, lol.

I actually like the x-ray gimmick in a way, but adding a disable option would be nice if they include it. As far as the camera work I think this is more of a conceptual vision than what might be in the actual game.

I didn't know that about the German version - they shouldn't have even bothered to make the game available there if that was the case. Wow.

I think this teaser was something they probably had for awhile but never shown until today. It serves more of a purpose of the conceptual direction they want to take with the title.

Possibly at the time of this teaser's creation it wasn't announced for PC yet, before August and before fans got on their case as to why they didn't mention a PC version.

They made the announcement in August that they are developing a PC version, boldly stating that it will not be a console port over - I hope they're right about that.

SiC-Disaster

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 16, 2005
Netherlands
www.tangodown.nl
I liked the original though it was clunky, and had HORRIBLE AI.
I would shoot a guy from a 3-story building, run down, out of the back of the house, through a sidestreet into a second, into another building's cellar, hiding behind a few crates completely out of sights from the cellar entrance, and they would find me EVERY time lol. They'd just come running in, find me in my corner and start spraying.

The bullet cam thing was awesome imo, and i liked that you could incapacitate instead of kill a soldier, and someone would come to drag him away.
And ofcourse the ability to set a tripwire with a grenade attached to it to secure the building you are in.
But killing tanks by hitting a fuel cap, meh :p

LightsabeR

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 22, 2010
Can't say I was a big fan of the first one, but it was an ok game. This looks more interesting tho, since I prefer the WWII setting and hopefully they've improved the AI a bit.

Capt.Marion

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 12, 2006
Beantown
I think the style/idea of the first game with RO's mechanics and physics would be quite fun... I enjoyed playing the demo of the first Sniper Elite.

Murphy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
Can't say I was a big fan of the first one, but it was an ok game. This looks more interesting tho, since I prefer the WWII setting and hopefully they've improved the AI a bit.
Sniper Elite was set in ww2 as well. Maybe you got this confused with another game? If yes, which one?

Flogger23m

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2009
Sniper Elite was set in ww2 as well. Maybe you got this confused with another game? If yes, which one?

Probably Sniper Ghost Warrior. To Lightsaber, SGW was an entirely different game in a different series. SE was based in WWII.

LightsabeR

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 22, 2010
Probably Sniper Ghost Warrior. To Lightsaber, SGW was an entirely different game in a different series. SE was based in WWII.
Indeed, that's the one I confused it with. Have played Sniper Elite as well tho... no idea why I got the two mixed up. :confused:

Nenjin

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Sub-Level 12
SE was ok. As was said, kinda clunky, kinda wooden. Levels are fairly ho-hum compared to what we see today.

What I liked were all the mechanics though. Breathing, range, even wind IIRC, all those were important. It tried to treat realism the same way TWI does and that kept me playing for a while. Manipulating the stupid AI into what you wanted it to do was kinda fun too, the levels offered a few different options for how to proceed. Not nearly enough, but more than some games.

I don't know if I liked it enough to buy an enhanced version. The bullet cam was fun; it doesn't make a game. (Although without it SE had, like, almost no wow factor.)