• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Sniper Elite V2

Aha, someone's been playing Mortal Kombat... Don't like it. I hope getting to see people's skeletons is either just for the trailer or at the very least can be disabled ingame. It's morbidly goofy, I get that, but it would take me out of the game.

The bullet cam as such, I like though, even if the camera swayed a little much. Iirc that was handled better in the first game.

Funny bit of trivia about the first game, btw: In the German version the bullet cam feature was taken out. The one thing the game had going for it, basically. Just cut out, lol.

Reactions: fOgGy
Upvote 0
Aha, someone's been playing Mortal Kombat... Don't like it. I hope getting to see people's skeletons is either just for the trailer or at the very least can be disabled ingame. It's morbidly goofy, I get that, but it would take me out of the game.

The bullet cam as such, I like though, even if the camera swayed a little much. Iirc that was handled better in the first game.

Funny bit of trivia about the first game, btw: In the German version the bullet cam feature was taken out. The one thing the game had going for it, basically. Just cut out, lol.

I actually like the x-ray gimmick in a way, but adding a disable option would be nice if they include it. As far as the camera work I think this is more of a conceptual vision than what might be in the actual game.

I didn't know that about the German version - they shouldn't have even bothered to make the game available there if that was the case. Wow.

I think this teaser was something they probably had for awhile but never shown until today. It serves more of a purpose of the conceptual direction they want to take with the title.

Possibly at the time of this teaser's creation it wasn't announced for PC yet, before August and before fans got on their case as to why they didn't mention a PC version.

They made the announcement in August that they are developing a PC version, boldly stating that it will not be a console port over - I hope they're right about that.

Upvote 0
I liked the original though it was clunky, and had HORRIBLE AI.
I would shoot a guy from a 3-story building, run down, out of the back of the house, through a sidestreet into a second, into another building's cellar, hiding behind a few crates completely out of sights from the cellar entrance, and they would find me EVERY time lol. They'd just come running in, find me in my corner and start spraying.

The bullet cam thing was awesome imo, and i liked that you could incapacitate instead of kill a soldier, and someone would come to drag him away.
And ofcourse the ability to set a tripwire with a grenade attached to it to secure the building you are in.
But killing tanks by hitting a fuel cap, meh :p

Upvote 0
SE was ok. As was said, kinda clunky, kinda wooden. Levels are fairly ho-hum compared to what we see today.

What I liked were all the mechanics though. Breathing, range, even wind IIRC, all those were important. It tried to treat realism the same way TWI does and that kept me playing for a while. Manipulating the stupid AI into what you wanted it to do was kinda fun too, the levels offered a few different options for how to proceed. Not nearly enough, but more than some games.

I don't know if I liked it enough to buy an enhanced version. The bullet cam was fun; it doesn't make a game. (Although without it SE had, like, almost no wow factor.)

Upvote 0