• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Setting Per Map Round Limits

[TW]Ramm-Jaeger

Tripwire Interactive President
Oct 11, 2005
www.redorchestragame.com
I'm not sure if you all know how to do this, but I think I have seen this requested. I figured out today that you can set per-map round limits in your RedOrchestra.ini file. This could be REALLY helpful if your running a mix of maps that have longer and shorter round times. For instance, say you are running maps like Danzig and Berezina back to back. 3 rounds of Danzig is about 40-45 minutes, while 3 rounds of Berezina is about 3 hours. So you might want to have best 2/3 on Danzig, while having just 1 round of Berezina. Here is an example of how you would set up your map list record for this:

[DefaultRO MaplistRecord]
DefaultTitle=Default RO
DefaultGameType=ROEngine.ROTeamGame
DefaultActive=0
DefaultMaps=RO-LyesKrovy?RoundLimit=3?WinLimit=2
DefaultMaps=RO-Berezina?RoundLimit=1?WinLimit=1
DefaultMaps=RO-Danzig?RoundLimit=3?WinLimit=2

By adding the round and winlimit setting after each map name, when the map changes those settings will override the default round and win limits. This works without map voting, with map voting, and even works when changing maps in webadmin. The only limitation is that if you change your map rotation list, it will reset these settings. We'll be looking at adding a way to set these settings in webadmin though in the future.

The only limitation is that if you change your map rotation list, it will reset these settings.

Does it fall back to the default settings for the server if the map rotation list is changed?
And I assume that if RoundLimit, WinLimit, or both are not listed behind a map the default limits are used?

Great info!
Good luck with the Webadmin implementation.

Floyd

Upvote 0
Does it fall back to the default settings for the server if the map rotation list is changed?
And I assume that if RoundLimit, WinLimit, or both are not listed behind a map the default limits are used?

Great info!
Good luck with the Webadmin implementation.

Floyd
Correct, there are more things you can add to it aswell. like mutators, special mutator settings, gamemode (basically nearly anything you can add to a server startup bat file)
Although i have not tested this ever myself you can problably use the ini=blbalbalba.ini command aswell so on a map change the server loads the ini that goes with that map. So although it costs time you can save even mutator settings etc on a per map basis.

Alot of the requested features are already in the game in some sort or were made for mutators for ut2k4. But alot of mutators dont work for ro, or things lack an easy way to menage them like webadmin or like a ut2vote/unrealadmin ingame gui.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I set this up at first it seemed to have worked but on the second time playing Berezina in the rotation the map actually moved onto a second round?

Nothing had been changed but I am wondering does the webadmin need to read 0 & 0 on round and win limits Ramm?

make sure that all map lists (including the voting list) got those things added, moving maps in the webadmin will probably reset everything back to zero.

And mick, that should be possible, but remember that after 45 mins it will end the map, and probably without a winner.

Upvote 0
As far as I tested, it doesn't work with voting config, but only with static mapcycle by adding the parameters to those "Maps=RO-BlaBla?mutator=xxx".

But it needs further testing and a working WinterSkin mut, as the former one got obsolete and is not working with Fennich's recent update, unfortunately. I will try to get a working one and will report back, if I got it to work.

Upvote 0
for things to work with voting you should select the maps and mutators.

In webadmin under defaults and then voting gameconfig. And just select the maps where you want what mutators with etc.

Although i've always tried the generic prefix for maps of just RO never tried to get it to work on different maps but it should work by just adding different map prefixes. And mutators for them. (remember it will only start those mutators from the voting config if the maps get voted from ingame).

But you should be able to change the voting list in the ro.ini aswell its in there somewhere just never bothered checking it out.

Upvote 0
The config and webinterface go together. Both have the same values as the WI writes everything into it.
Another way is to create a new gameconfig in the ini for the wintermaps for example, but than I get the problem: how to get both in one maplist that is voteable? And how exactly to have a maplist for each "gametype"?

Upvote 0
Everymap changes

Everymap changes

Anybody having a problem with this change whereas you change only a couple of maps and all the maps get changed. For example, I put the string at the end of three maps that were about an hour long each. It worked, but then, every map after that was only 1 round. I had to disable it all to get back to normal.

Im wondering if I have to do EACH and EVERY map kind of thing.

logo1.jpg

Upvote 0
So I took off the "?RoundLimit=1?WinLimit=1?Timelimit=45" because I didnt want to mess with this as I change the map list a couple times a week but now, for some reason, when no one is on the server, I come on and notice that the rounds are all 0/1 instead of best out of three.

I checked the .ini file and its set up for round limit 3 win limit 2. I restart the server, and everything looks good. I come back a few hours later and its back to a 1 round set up.

Is there another setting somewhere? Doesnt the webadmin interface with the redorchestra.ini file? I can make changes in the webadmin but that says roundlimit 3 and win limit 2 as well.

Any idea's or suggestions?

Also, if I use the webadmin and try and "reset" the limits, even though they already say 3 and 2, I go to restart the map and I get a.....A conflict was found between a command line value and its default value from the ini file. You must resolve the conflict before the server can be restarted

Command line values normally override the default value. To allow the command line value to override the default value, clear the checkbox, then click Accept. To update the command line with the value from the ini, just click Accept.

Setting_____________ Defaults____________ Command Line_________ Override

Death Message Mode ___DM_All _______________3
Round Limit ____________3_________________ 1
Win Limit ______________2_________________ 1

Where is the command line for this webadmin? This is where it keeps changing to 1.

Last edited:
Upvote 0