• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

semi auto AT rifle

Here's a fun fact: the PTRD actually is semi automatic, it just doesen't have a magazine.

As for including the PTRS, you know, im not sure.. it would be good news for me, since im terrible with the PTRD i might be able to use this one (with that volume of fire i'd have to kill something, woulden't i?), but on the other hand, you have thouse PTRD crack shots who have spend hell knows how long getting really good with the things, and seem to be able to take out tanks with a single shot every time, in their hands, it might just be too good.. i dont know.

But if it is ever included, it'd have to be restricted somehow, there where far more PTRD's in service than PTRS'es, and that should prefably be reflected ingame.

Upvote 0
Here's a fun fact: the PTRD actually is semi automatic, it just doesen't have a magazine.

As for including the PTRS, you know, im not sure.. it would be good news for me, since im terrible with the PTRD i might be able to use this one (with that volume of fire i'd have to kill something, woulden't i?), but on the other hand, you have thouse PTRD crack shots who have spend hell knows how long getting really good with the things, and seem to be able to take out tanks with a single shot every time, in their hands, it might just be too good.. i dont know.

But if it is ever included, it'd have to be restricted somehow, there where far more PTRD's in service than PTRS'es, and that should prefably be reflected ingame.

Agreed, especially with limiting it somehow, but as for the crack shots, ther eis never going to be as many crack AT-Rifle men as there is Fausters, because you don't need much skill to use the Faust.;)

Upvote 0

My only gripe with the AT setup at the moment is the skill level needed to use the PTRD effectively, as apposed to the idiot proof panzerfaust, which any old nub can pick up and kill an IS2 with. The PTRS would go some way to rectifying this.

Upvote 0
Well, most of the time maps include a scattering of Panzerfausts for both sides, effectively leveling the playing field. It's only in terms of class loadouts that things are different.

Personally, I think the PTRS would be kind of a waste of effort, since the PTRD isn't all that effective (or shouldn't be, anyway) as it is. Yes, there are some crack shots with it, but for the most part, people plink away and it'll take a good 4-5 shots to kill a tank. If not more.

Upvote 0
A-Tree said:
Not saying that it wasn't, its just that the soviets could do with an equally, as easy to use, AT weapon.

Problem is they never had one.

Yes Ive noticed the addition of the Panzerfaust in easy to access areas for the Russians to use is not very realistic it also makes the game feel generic never liked the idea. Especially when you see the sky zone blackened by idiots shooting the Panzerfausts accross the map in a vain attempt to shoot each other. I really dont see the reason behind this The PTRD is more than useful seeing that it can kill a Tiger and a Panther quite easily and even if it was not there are tanks to cover you (use the MG/HE) not every thing needs a counterpart just if you think theres PFer's around stay back out of thier range and HE and Mg them ...easy I do this on RO-KreigStadt and RO-Gorolitz.

Before someone calls me out on the Russian Panzerfaust use:
The only time the Russians could theoredically get some Panzerfausts as a Russian weapon is very late war in 1945 but I'd make it a pick up with a long respawn time (limited spawn ones would be preferable) to simulate the ill-distrubuted handfulls some received in 1945. Although Im opposed to this idea even seening as it was historically rare and kind of takes away from the atmosphere. Also apart from being rare it takes the uniformity of not adding captured weapons as a standard loadout seeing as the Germans do not get any even though they captured thousands of weapons from the countries they invaded especially Russia.

As for the Ptrd its only not good in game if you have no idea what you are doing. Due to its overpowered nature you can kill any tank in the game with it and there are plenty of 1 shot kill areas on the tanks although the Panzer III is nearly always a 1 shot kill I dont even try to aim at "weak spots" anymore its a waste of time if the first shot doesnt kill it the second shot does. The Trick is to shoot at tanks that are not angled but again in the case of the Pz III a slight angle wont matter much. Come on guys!!!! The sideskirts of the Panzer IV H do not even work against the PTRD if it was made any easier the gun would fire itself. Just click on a server ( make sure its not Armored Beasts) and with an objective mind and try the PTRD and use the nice hints people posted here on the RO forums should be fine.

Personally I'd like a PTRS but after all the damage I and many others have caused on maps like Leningrad, that snowy moscow one I cant remeber the name of, Berezina,one of the Orels with the ATR, Arad, ect. I do not think its a good idea. I mean just think of it atm you can kill a Panther in 2 shots to the side with a PTRS it'll be even easier since its semi-auto.

Last edited:
Upvote 0