• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Running While Reloading

BecomeLikeWater

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 29, 2015
I've noticed that running while reloading is not implemented in KF2 currently. I think that this feature would work pretty well because of the fact that it's possible in real life and many, many people (including myself) would love this feature. It makes surviving a lot easier. I hate having to run like a freaking grandpa while reloading. It leaves you vulnerable to attacks because you can't run while you reload, thus you have to make a choice. Either run with an empty mag and have the next surprise around the corner kill you (because of the empty mag) or reload and get swarmed because you had to reload and thus, couldn't run.

or am I stupid and this is possible and I just haven't figured it out yet...?

I think most KF players don't want any more features that makes KF "too easy" for the "commoners". Next, someone might suggest being able to shoot while running. I mean, it is physically possible.

It would be convenient, yes, but there has to be some drawback to choosing to run.

It's still the same as KF1 though: run with knife out, or book it slower while reloading?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hate having to run like a freaking grandpa while reloading. It leaves you vulnerable to attacks because you can't run while you reload, thus you have to make a choice. Either run with an empty mag and have the next surprise around the corner kill you (because of the empty mag) or reload and get swarmed because you had to reload and thus, couldn't run.

Yeah, uh, that's kind of the point.

Maybe they could possibly enable sprint reloading on easy mode, but I certainly hope that stays out of the harder difficulties. You were essentially sprinting while you had your knife out in Killing Floor 1, yet you couldn't reload with the knife out at the same time. Why should that change?

Upvote 0
Sprinting is a newly implemented option for players, it is that, an option, not something intended to be a default state. I personally wish there were more drawbacks, since there is no stamina system in the game to keep you from running too long. I am for you having to choose between attacking, reloading, and sprinting.

That said, it would be an interesting skill to see on one of the other perks. Perhaps the Gunslinger will favor multitasking, giving you options to fire while reloading, or reload while sprinting, or sprint while firing, or heal while sprinting.

However, I don't see this as a casualization issue. You could balance attacking while sprinting by giving enemies more move-while-attacking options. I just think it's smarter to have it the way it is currently set up as we should be discouraging a setup where sprinting to move is always the best option.

Yeah, uh, that's kind of the point.

Maybe they could possibly enable sprint reloading on easy mode?

I'd actually discourage this route, as it might confuse new players.

I've seen a small increase (from nothing) of suggestions like this where players have MORE options in the lower difficulties since the discussions of how a crosshair should be implemented.

Tripwire went out of their way to allow the guns to feel powerful despite increases in difficulty, I think they would like the player to scale similarly. You wouldn't want your reload speeds to be cut in half at higher difficulties, would you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP...the reason it is there...you answered it yourself...it makes it that you either run and have no ammo...or not run and pottentially get killed....

not to mention sprinting is stupid as is...it was only added for the sake of getting to trader faster and it already imbalances some things and makes some things easier (such as kiting)

and no, we dont want to have difficulty even lower due t such unneccessarry features...and no...most people can not reload while SPRINTING...

Upvote 0
What about we just get rid of "running" altogether and go back to KF1 movement system.

Don't even get me started on the running animation...

It's lame. Infinite sprinting already makes game too easy.

Agreed.

Poor Scrake and Fleshpound can't even catch up with the players anymore, it's kinda dumbe to see people outrunning them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What about we just get rid of "running" altogether and go back to KF1 movement system.

Don't even get me started on the running animation...

Then you get all the new born gamers all salty because 'ehh, this game is sooo retro...eeehhh, it doesn't have a sprint function..eeeeehh'''

Can't please everyone. Sprinting should in itself leave you vulnerable as you can't do anything but run (balance it out). Who knows, maybe they will make sprinting while reloading a class skill.

Upvote 0
Adding a feature just for the sake of it doesn't make sense, it has to serve some purpose and be an improvement over the classic movement system.

People add stupid things to their product design just to say 'our product can do this!' even if it is really pointless or something. Sometimes, you are just going to see that one thing that makes you scratch your head.

Upvote 0
Adding a feature just for the sake of it doesn't make sense, it has to serve some purpose and be an improvement over the classic movement system.

How about the fact that, in real life, people can actually run, even without a knife in their hand?

I do agree that sprinting has issues. Reloading during it should definitely not be something that should be allowed in, as that just makes it more imbalanced. The sprinting feature needs tweaking in some manner. How that'll happen will likely present itself during EA.

Upvote 0
I've been meaning to ask about that...there really is no stamina system? That's rather disappointing that you can infinitely Sprint.

At any rate, reloading while sprinting should definitely not be a thing. I mean. You can't even do that in COD. The drawback to sprinting is that you can't reload or shoot.

Upvote 0
i would like running to be constant.. i want a return to the quake days where shooters were FAST. those games were NOT easy mode. in fact, if you werent CONSTANTLY moving and if your reflexes werent up to par.. you were screwed. and playing with a controller.. yah, good luck with that. i want a return to that style. it wont dumb down the game.. in fact it will bring it back to where it should be.

Upvote 0