• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS & HoS in the server browser

And does that mean RS will be free?

If you get RS, you will get RO:HoS Multiplayer as part of the deal.

If you already own HoS, you can get RS as an upgrade.

I'm highlly assuming it's not free, it just works on the exact same engine/server browser, so it can work into each other without and conflicts.

Upvote 0
If we are able to seamlessly switch from an RS map to a ROHOS map and vice versa, that is one fantastic piece of news. That is one of the things I really liked about Carpathian Crosses. After seeing the quality of RS in the recent Gamescom footage, I am more than happy to part with some of my hard earned. The way I see it, even if I only play it for a couple of hours, I've still gotten more value than if I had paid for a cinema ticket.

Upvote 0
I've still gotten more value than if I had paid for a cinema ticket.

This is my take - peeps buy a game that costs less than a reasonable meal or a night out on the sauce, play it for hundreds of hours, then complain about the cost or value for money :confused:

Thanks for a quick, concise and informative answer OP!

Now get back to work DAMMIT!

Upvote 0
Nice, I've always thought that was the best idea. Can a server have both RS and RO2 maps in the rotation without having to restart? And does that mean RS will be free?

The question quickly becomes how this would work.

While it would solve the problem of splitting the community, if you do this, you are going to have all the players who haven't bought Rising Storm just disconnect when a Eastern Front map switches to a Pacific map...

Upvote 0

While it would solve the problem of splitting the community, if you do this, you are going to have all the players who haven't bought Rising Storm just disconnect when a Eastern Front map switches to a Pacific map...

I feel like this issue may be quite insignificant depending on how expensive the RS upgrade for RO2 owners is ($5?) and considering that new purchasers get RO2 multiplayer with RS.

Upvote 0

I don't think this will be a problem so long as players have the ability to filter servers that do only RO:HOS maps.

Edit: Will players who buy rising storm without having bought ro2 first be able to purchase the singleplayer as an upgrade?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Actually, there'll be servers set up with RS exclusively and Servers running a mix... Nobody will be excluded and I'm certain the upgrade fee would be minimal in any case. :)

Upvote 0
unless they've changed stuff didn't think you could run 2 different version with out restarting server to use differing config files etc

Can someone who actually knows whether is possible or not ? post an answer

Back with UT2k4 when RO1 was still a mod, there was a server that ran both Red Orchestra as well as Air Buccaneers. Similarly I used to run different inis on a per map basis on my RO server in the past to tweak the performance.

Carpathian Crosses the RO1 mod worked together with the base game as well, essentially creating an RO1 extension by making it as a big mutator.

So actually a lot of methods have always been possible to combine different things on a single server.

Although Nestor is the only person that is allowed to say how things work so so far all that is known is his first post:

If you have RO:HoS, you will see RS maps in the server browser, and vice versa.
If you get RS, you will get RO:HoS Multiplayer as part of the deal.
If you already own HoS, you can get RS as an upgrade.

And that neither confirms nor denies whether it will be possible to have a server run both HOS and RS maps within a single rotation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0