• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2: Germans vs bad players

This topic always seems to draw out a lot of emotion for some reason. I myself play Russians if given the choice. I also tend to notice that as maps change on the servers throughout the time I play, many players bounce back and forth without rhyme or reason. I cannot assume that this is all due to auto balancing, but that some players enjoy certain maps on different factions. My Russian TL on one map may be SL2 on the Germans next map. No matter which side the player joins, if he is a good player he will be good on both sides. I love MG class and equally loves shooting DP28 as well as MG34.

In order to evaluate these "Statistics" accurately, we would need overall game stats from TWi including team populations excluding bots and so forth on a map by map basis. One thing I have found with this game is that a huge advantage can be gained by playing both teams on all the maps as there is much to be learned that can later be used against the opponent. This is one reason I really am enjoying online campaign.

Upvote 0
Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier

Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier

Well we havent had one for a while now, and they do like to come out of the wood work.

on the subject on germans always win, you should play on the 40-1 realism server, its more like 3/4 of the games the ivans win. far more fun.
for the russians :mad:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I play on the 40-1 Realism server and the german team wins 95% of the time.
on the subject on germans always win, you should play on the 40-1 realism server, its more like 3/4 of the games the ivans win. far more fun.
To borrow a tag line from the old game show "To Tell the Truth"....

"Will the real RO2 player please stand up!"

Upvote 0
I play on the 40-1 Realism server and the german team wins 95% of the time.

Well we havent had one for a while now, and they do like to come out of the wood work.

interesting. someones stats are borked, or these guys play at different times and as soon as one of them leaves, the tide turns.

Upvote 0
Maybe ...it's your fault :IS2:
play axis for a few days and see if your w/l magically moves to 1.95, if not it's definitely you and you should quit the game :p getting 0.05% win is nearly impossible and you have to sabotage your team with atleast 10 guys.

ohbtwguys.. there are some allies OP threads on the Steam forums... just sayin.
7.92X57MM said:
I have been playing this game since it came out,i was a fan off RO1 and was excited that there was a RO2 coming,i remember RO1 maps witch where very even,meaning if your team sucked,you lost the map.
But i have noticed something with RO2 that no matter how good the german team is they hardly EVER win a map,its just one big killzone for the germans now,no matter if they are defending or attacking in the map,and it makes me wonder if thats how the maps are constructed,so that the germans dont win cause its not P.C to let nazis win,think about it ALL WWII games you kill nazis they are evil and should be destroyed,so iam thinking that its not a good thing that you can win as a nazi in this game because its "Wrong". but i dont play because iam a nazi,i play for fun i pick germans because i like the german weapons more than the russians. its maybe just me,i would like to know if anybody else has thought about this.
So, anyone wants to pull more fictional, unrealistic "stats" out of their ***?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, I was looking at some stats and noticed Germans tend to achieve a 2.465 kill/death ratio (10,600,000/4,300,000) on the eastern front. Show me how this is unrealistic.
#1 we are talking about w/l not k/d, considering they won 41-42 and then lost 43,44,45 russians would have a higher w/l :)
#2 I think it was higher (3.?)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
#1 we are talking about w/l not k/d, considering they won 41-42 and then lost 43,44,45 russians would have a higher w/l :)
#2 I think it was higher (3.?)

I pulled those numbers straight off eastern front wiki, so that's the actually K/D ratio of WWII. The real w/l would be dependent on how you calculate a battle, its entirely possible that more battles took place in 41-42 than 43-45, although unlikely. The Soviets could of won the war with a .9 w/l ratio, although its unlikely and I'm not going to calculate the real numbers.

I was just messing with you anyway since its a real non-fiction number that would seem unrealistic if it was actually that way in gameplay.

Upvote 0
Yes, I was looking at some stats and noticed Germans tend to achieve a 2.465 kill/death ratio (10,600,000/4,300,000) on the eastern front. Show me how this is unrealistic.

More like 7-8 to 11, which is expected, considering the failures in 1941 and the fact that the Red Army conducted many more offensive operations and on a larger scale than Axis ever did (on average you get 1.6 times more losses if you attack, pretty much on any level. You simply don't get ridiculous ratios like 2.5:1, 3:1 and over, if the belligerents are on the same technological level, which they were in this case).

RETURNING BACK ON THE TOPIC, I can say that from my experience it really depends on the server and the time, i.e. which side the experienced players who hang out there prefer and when. If the game really favours one of the sides, it does a good job at hiding it.

Upvote 0
I think part of these threads is memory. The Germans, it seems, have a slight advantage over the Soviets these days, but when the game first came out, it was huge. I remember being frustrated at the constant losing that I experienced as a Soviet way back in 2011. Its better now, for whatever reasons.

Weaponry can only factor in so much. I dont think the MG is as big an issue as the MKB, as the Soviet MG isnt all that bad (pretty accurate and quicker reload time), but the Soviets have precisely no counter to the MKB. We could fix this by either throwing in the AK47 (which would only be slightly less historically accurate for Stalingrad than the ubiquitous MKB in the hands of every 10th German), or just scrap the MKB altogether.

The other factor I think is the fanboyism of the Germans. I'll state right now that I am a Soviet fanboy (which is cooler because there are less of us, right?), but German fanboyism leads to odd-numbered matches favouring the Germans 9 times out of 10. Also, when the "German only" players are forced to play Soviet, they are at a disadvantage, and that will effect the match.

Again, its not as big a deal as it was back in the early days, but still there is a slight mismatch. Frankly, I like playing for the Soviets partially because they are the underdog. Also, I tend to assume that some of the German fanboyism is due to some players having less than ideal ideologies, which makes killing German players somewhat more gratifying :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
More like 7-8 to 11, which is expected, considering the failures in 1941 and the fact that the Red Army conducted many more offensive operations and on a larger scale than Axis ever did (on average you get 1.6 times more losses if you attack, pretty much on any level. You simply don't get ridiculous ratios like 2.5:1, 3:1 and over, if the belligerents are on the same technological level, which they were in this case).

Like I said, the numbers were straight off of the wiki: eastern front article and were Germans vs Russians not Axis vs Allies on the eastern front. 8 million is a bit high since that's about the total axis military deaths (8-9 million).

In 1941 the germans had tactical doctrine, surprises and preparedness on their side and largely destroyed the Russian army at ratios of 5-7 to 1 in terms of casualties. In 1942 they really only had tactical doctrine and the ratios were like 2-1. Somewhere in 43-44, the tactical doctrine is pretty close and it stays at about 1 to 1 and the Russians win because they have way more manpower

Technology isn't so useful without training and experience which the Russians were lacking, especially in their officer core in the beginning.

Upvote 0
No chance in hell. Its totally the opposite. Recently I decided to reset my stats and since then I have 190 wins and 60 loses and I play in the Axis team only.
you must play at different times then me. the few hours i have been on recently have been between 21hr-02hr. BST
Although the past few days i havent been on as much as i normally play(computer problems). But the times i was on the server as russian we won, about every 3, out of 4 rounds. this is over a couple of nights after playing about 20 rounds in total. granted it is a small set of games, quite late in the night but this has been my experience recently.

granted the times i was online we did have a excellent commander leading the ivan side.

If it has got bad again, i might start playing commander again. help balance out the server again, as team stacking is never fun for either side except for the masochists and the people with large egos.

Upvote 0