• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2: Germans vs bad players

Whats so hard to see your belt on the MG34? If you can't understand when the gun will go dry with just looking at the belt, I have some bad news for ya mate.. Also the MGs are supposed to carry hold more ammo for longer suppressive fire, this solely is a reason to pick the MG34.

The german weapons are basically more polished and well made. You should read something about how the MN and the Kar were being made and what the soldiers are saying. Every Kar98 was made perfectly well to be a reliable weapon while many of the MNs were rattling in your hands and overall they were manufactured cheaply so the soviets can produce more rifles no matter that many of them will not be reliable.

The russian team spawn positions and roads are worse in 99% of the maps because its basically whack-a-mole-with-one-hole for the german team. Red October Factory - russians attack and the axis team just shoot them through the window of the factory. Apartments - same story - the russians have to rush against giant multiple store building while the german team just pulls the trigger. Commisar's House - same ****...

It can't be said for the russian uniforms because most of the maps have dark pattern which favors the germans.

I guess you prefer to play as russian and don't want to see how it is but it is what it is :rolleyes:

You seem to have thought I wasn't talking about in the game where anything really matters.

In RO2, how the K98 was made vs the MN in real life doesn't matter.

You might have a good imagination to believe your precious K98 is somehow much better than the MN, but in reality.... The RO2 game mechanics reality.... They are virtually identical in every way and you hold no real advantage.

That's the real point.

As for your comments about the Russians having a difficult time on such maps as Com's House and Aparrments (maps I prefer playing Russian due to being attackers) why is it almost every time I play them my team quickly pushes through, especially the first two caps of Apartments?

If it was as truly impossible as you make them sound and were completely unbalanced, I'd have something to complain about and probably avoid those maps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the german team is losing in campaign mostly because most of the axis players are "axis team only" players and they never played the maps on the russian side. So lets say on Red October Factory those players never attacked which means they don't know how to approach. They will manage to get it but it will be too late and this will cost 'em the match.

The axis team can lose quite easily because of the "default" underestimation of the russian team. Some times you just never thought the allies will make it so far in no time and you are wondering "wth happened?" :D

Best thing about the campaign missions, imo. I have never done so well as allies on Mamayev Kurgan, for instance. It does mix it up when Fritz can't pick the usual routes and camping spots.

That being said it can seem a lot worse than it is - I've made the same complaint - and it is not helped by maps like Commissar's House which are an utter bear unless you've got a crack team.

Speaking of which, that always makes me laugh. A common criticism is something along the lines of "You just need good teamwork", which is a bit like saying water is wet. This rule works for the other side, too, and if they have a map advantage....

Upvote 0
They are virtually identical in every way and you hold no real advantage.

That's the real point.
mhhhh....hold your horses dear friend.

The KAR has a rectingular "aimpoint" ( sorry the english word escapes me ), the mosin not. From the sheer "feel" side of things the mosin has more "stoping power". I dont know why. and also there is something about beign riflemanhero as germans and use the mosin. Its just more...."badass"

ah well hell lot of "" "" "" in this post.

if I FEEL iam better off with a certain model, weapon i gonna play diffrent..iam more convincend in me getting that kill...ect ect...so it makes a HUGE diffrence.

I don't know about all the best players joining axis, that seems to be dependent on the server.

Indeed. henche why i really enjoi playing on the russian servers. Alot of veterans. very polite people. Sure i understand jack**** but i know when they curse at me... :D

Plus their rotation is alot more intresting...as it was in ro1...the last servers will be the russian ones... ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Btw if the factions are so identical why we see this topic over and over again? We there are no "Allies always win" topics? Its always "Axis team always win", "The vets join the axis team only" etc.

I doubt these topics are made without any reason.

You can expect the same stuff when RS arrives. "The US team always win" topics all over the place.

Upvote 0
Some russian only vet should post his win rate and we can get rid of this.

these Topics are made by rookies... 3 posts, I wonder how much playtime he has.

Mostly Russian, though I do play German as well. Perhaps 3/4 of my matches are Russian, not for any ideological preference, despite my name and sig, but because they generally need the help of more experienced players. I was about 50-50 Russian-German in Ostfront.

Matches played: 760. Wins: 352. Losses: 408. W/L: 0.86. 532 hours played. Not a perfect metric, though.

It really might just be that, in general, the Russians have the harder time on most maps. Russian teams in North America also generally don't play as well in a team--hence the high German win rate in campaigns.

Upvote 0
I have played this game for over 500 hours, and I think the whole notion that Germans always win is misleading. On most servers I play on, the teams are usually balanced when it comes to experienced players. I play Soviets around 45% of the time, and have had just as much success as I have had playing German.

Attachments

• 2013-04-28_00001.jpg
    2013-04-28_00001.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Nowadays every single game is like this: Nazi parody - YouTube All the "bit better" players will join instantly to axis. The slower joiners and more unskilled people will be automatically joined to Russian team.

In my opinion RO2 ain't funny as it used to be. Stacking ruins most of the games and losing team can do absolutely nothing. In my opinion german team ain't better than russian team.

Is it possible to do following in next patch:

When you try to join full team, you will be moved to other team.

Or

Autoselect as the only team option?

Why is it so that Germans are so stacked? Or should Germans have 90% less tickets no matter what map! :(

I don't know if the problem is quite THAT out of proportion. But there may be an element of truth to it. A lot of the outcome depends on each player's motivation. If you just want to be on the winning side you have to assess each map's behavior. The German side is not always at an advantage, even with good players. If you want challenge, go for the underdog side and sharpen your claws. That's what I do. I don't give a rip what side it is. Winning against the tide is always more satisfying than focusing on window dressing. If it is true that most "skillful" players gravitate toward German, then I'd say that they are hardly asserting supreme skill if they willingly join a stacked deck. Take a walk on the the wild side and see if you really do have the chops to endure a hammering and win. :D We already push joining players to the opposing side when one team is full. That is sensible.

I loved the vid, BTW.

Last edited:
Upvote 0