• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2: Germans vs bad players

My 2nd best (DH ftw) teamwork experiences are from BF 2142. It was awesome, it really supported team and squadplay.

This game aims to realism when in comes to ballistics, but the most important part of warfare; the structure of military organization, is nearly completely left aside (SL have 1 smoke and act as spawnbeacon). It feels like it is everyone for themselves as players aren't even introduced with an idea or organization in this game. They dont have to be forced, but rather encouraged.

I think RO2 should give players more something with the whole squad system. SL forms a squad and lets players pick their roles. In some cases, player classes could be also be squad limited rather than this free anarchy pool. Role kicking should be fixed though, now it doesn't even work lol.

Maps should also take advantage of this; again, it is currently total chaos, everyone spawns in a same spot and starts running around. I would like to see goals which are approached in different ways. For exampe: Squads spawns 1,2 are attacking frontally different sectors, 3 spawns on a different path that has flanking paths or is responsible to open for others. 4 has their own sub-goal like others. (show engineer class some love, they need wire-cutters and cuttable wire at least ;_; )

It would't even have to be this much enforced. Joining in a squad of strangers already gives you some responsibility, you start to work toward your common goal where you need help of others[]/b and whoah we have teamplay. This doesn't happen when the unti size is 32. When it is 8, it could.

tldr;
squad system (current one is bit of a joke, horrible ui btw), map-specific sub-goals for squads, more teamplay elements where you must play together.
(RO1/DH had more of these of these; radioman, mortarteam, zooka/shreck reload, more obstacles for engis, transports, tanking system).

Whoa I got bit off the track here, but this just came to mind when I started thinking, "Why is RO2 teamplay like a common shooter?" this way it also feels more like common shooter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A lot of what you just described with squad stuff is already in, but it's on the squad selection screen, which is secondary to weapon selection. They should just fuse the two somehow because the current way does a lot to make people not think about their squad. Also I think squad leaders need to realize that in addition to arty marking and smoking and spawning, they should be giving orders to their squad

Upvote 0
A lot of what you just described with squad stuff is already in, but it's on the squad selection screen, which is secondary to weapon selection. They should just fuse the two somehow because the current way does a lot to make people not think about their squad. Also I think squad leaders need to realize that in addition to arty marking and smoking and spawning, they should be giving orders to their squad

I know it is in game but it doesnt work very well. I think it should be looked into, at first more informative UI in squad screen to begin with (for the whole game please, just try to role-kick someone or use those scrolling lists).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
you must play at different times then me. the few hours i have been on recently have been between 21hr-02hr. BST
Although the past few days i havent been on as much as i normally play(computer problems). But the times i was on the server as russian we won, about every 3, out of 4 rounds. this is over a couple of nights after playing about 20 rounds in total. granted it is a small set of games, quite late in the night but this has been my experience recently.

granted the times i was online we did have a excellent commander leading the ivan side.

If it has got bad again, i might start playing commander again. help balance out the server again, as team stacking is never fun for either side except for the masochists and the people with large egos.

That's because you stack the odds in the favour of Allies Gary! I regularly see you dominating the axis team in the tank and being the only reason the Allies have half a chance.

Rattler is correct, the 40-1 server is consistently Axis stacked. It is the same on the German servers. The only valid conclusion that I can find is that there are too many ideologically-based players in RO2 that do not believe in fair teams. In my book, that is a really bad attitude to have.

Moreover, the maps in RO2 also consistently favour the Axis team which I have been over before. Maps where Axis attack are much easier than those where the Allies attack, and maps where the Axis defend are much easier to defend that the map where the Allies defend.

If the map balance was improved then the team stacking problem would be less significant.

The OP is correct, the Germans do tend to always win and the teams tend to be stacked and this is not due to weapons but due to map balance issues and Axis-stacking players who don't believe in fairness.

Upvote 0
Yesterday i was playing on the russian side on the US campaign server because it seemed all the vets were on the german side, and yeah we got destroyed. Trolling seems to be an issue too idk how bad it is on the German side but on the Russian side too many dbags with mics. I know you can mute them but it could discourage others and cause them to switch teams, it would be nice to have admins which can regulate people and team stacking on busy servers, but I doubt that will happen so again I think switching to ns2 model for random teams would be great. At the moment I can't even play German anymore, no challenge at all. It seems like the community for ro2 seems worse than ro1, too much racism, too much ideological comments, and too many people just trolling(it's worse when admins join in). I do realize these are problems with a larger community but still a problem.

Upvote 0