• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Debrecen beta2

Debrecen is my favourite map on the LdG-server!
I guess you'll add Debrecen2 once you installed the AB-mutator?

I discovered this server only a few weeks ago, and was surprised by the sportmenship and mature attitude, and the great connection.
Most players are German, and make good use of voice-comms (which I can't, unfortunately), but my German is sufficient enough to understand them, and blend-in with regular chat.
I play as '@'Seatsniffer.

Thx for this server, Tittenhelga (lol@nick)

Upvote 0
It's ok, I forgive you. I'm glad to hear that you are considering about adding AB to your server. I really recommend it beacuse battles are really cool then. But if your clan prefer stock RO tanking, I allow you to play yours balanced version. I don't have nothing to force you to play AB, the most important is to everybody could have fun with playing it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry I called the map manipulator a "hack" Titten. I have had great games on your server.

Still, I'd prefer to see a hold on variants until some of the bigger bugs have been fixed. Then balanced non-AB version made by keystone just because he is the most qualified to judge what the balance should be. Or by some one approved & trusted by him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
^^or even just ask the mapper if they can make another version of the map (kinda makes it more official too). Keystone was involved with the Orel Enhanced discussion and there was one AB version and one non-AB version created ( then all servers are covered).

Technically, a map is not copyrighted. A mapper can't sell it or charge a server to use it. It's more of an "enforced professional courtesy" as I'm sure TWI would step in if matters can't be settled. The only thing that is copyrighted is the RO game and SDK by TWI. Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but if a map is out on a public server, people are allowed to pull it out of their cache and use it on another server (unless the forum specifically asks that not to be done because of testing purposes.) Only problem is that another server might not use all of the custom packages in their redirects which would cause problems like wrong files for the pak guns or the "zombie" bug on custom skins.

Upvote 0
Debrecen is my favourite map on the LdG-server!
I guess you'll add Debrecen2 once you installed the AB-mutator?

I discovered this server only a few weeks ago, and was surprised by the sportmenship and mature attitude, and the great connection.
Most players are German, and make good use of voice-comms (which I can't, unfortunately), but my German is sufficient enough to understand them, and blend-in with regular chat.
I play as '@'Seatsniffer.

Thx for this server, Tittenhelga (lol@nick)

THANK YOU FOR the complimetns,

its great to hear that and we are happy to see that a lot of teamtankers and teamplayers join our server (sometimes we also have TK

Upvote 0
I have to try this map again. I stopped playing it for a few weeks because I would have RO crash on me when I was a minute or so into the map. I got an error to the effect saying I ran out of virtual memory.

Happened only on this map and this map only, and had happened the last four or five times I ran it. As far as my memory is concerned, I have 2 GBs plus another 6 GB virtual on my hard drives, so I am not sure what is up with that.

I hope to give it another shot soon, it is a fun map.

Upvote 0
Technically, a map is not copyrighted. A mapper can't sell it or charge a server to use it. It's more of an "enforced professional courtesy" as I'm sure TWI would step in if matters can't be settled. The only thing that is copyrighted is the RO game and SDK by TWI.

A map is your intellectual property as soon as you create it. Has nothing to do if you sell or charge for your map. Infact you couldnt even since you agreed on the EULA. Still doesnt change that others dont have the right to change your work without permission.

Upvote 0
Amizaur is recently too busy to test AB 2.07 on some server but I talked to him that could we put it on server to see is it working fine so I could release Debrecen B3 with new camouflages. And if there will be something wrong so they can just return to 2.065 version. I tested AB 2.07 on practice and it's everything ok but on server can be differently. But I don't think so that there will be any problems. So contact me on PM and I'll give you AB 2.07 and Debrecen B3. If there will be everything ok so it will be later released officially.

Upvote 0