• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Resistance and Liberation Alpha - Patch OUT!

Ahem THAT is absolutely not true at all. I would say that 60% or more of the current features of RnL are in there because people from the community gave their input. Even if it sounds like a dev doesn't like a piece of advice, I or another tester might like it and bring it up later.

The multiple levels of ironsights that the game has (free aim and non free aim) are because of a suggestion I made that was forwarded to me from a community member.

So don't say that stuff when it's not true. This is just an open alpha... they'll take all the support they can get from the community!

Did you read what i wrote at all :\

Upvote 0
I get a crash whenever I try to mantle a high obstacle. (2meters)
And of course, my crappy laptop is on its knees trying to run this game.
Gameplay is a bit confusing, especially when it comes to capping or winning, and there are a few annoying glitches here and there. Also, not sure source is the best engine for this, as one of the maps really has too low viewdistances, especially considering it's rather straight and 90% of the players have rifles: it looks silly and does not fit the atmosphere... Spawning system could be tweaked (since there are no protection or minefields, I've witnessed total chaos) And I find hitting anything from the hip horribly hard
But there is potential.
Mantling ffs! imagine that in RO, no more being stopped by 1 meters high fences!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just played it for about two hours.

Pros:
1.) Graphics are very nice. P38 especially is sexy. Level design is very good, and there are multiple routes into the objectives.
2.) Climbing / mantling! You can even climb a 3 meter wall. This should definitely be in TW's next game.
3.) Two-stage sighting system; shouldered and fully sighted. This is great for pistols, but it still "feels" a bit strange, especially with the rifles. But it's a good idea. In RO you start walking very slowly in ironsights, but here you can still run while having your weapon shouldered, which is great for room clearing.
4.) The map looks cool, and requires you to check it in a safe place because of the animation.
5.) Staying close to an officer gives you advantages, although I didn't really notice them.

Cons:
1.) Movement feels very stuttery and stiff. Like everything is in slow-motion. Aiming is a bit difficult as well. Hopefully they'll be able to achieve the fluence of RO with Source.
2.) It was quite laggy for me, though it could've been the server.

Overall, pretty good for an alpha. RO players will have an advantage here because it's quite similar in terms of gameplay. But they need to fix the stuttery movement ASAP!

Upvote 0
Just played it for about two hours.

Pros:
1.) Graphics are very nice. P38 especially is sexy. Level design is very good, and there are multiple routes into the objectives.
2.) Climbing / mantling! You can even climb a 3 meter wall. This should definitely be in TW's next game.
3.) Two-stage sighting system; shouldered and fully sighted. This is great for pistols, but it still "feels" a bit strange, especially with the rifles. But it's a good idea. In RO you start walking very slowly in ironsights, but here you can still run while having your weapon shouldered, which is great for room clearing.
4.) The map looks cool, and requires you to check it in a safe place because of the animation.
5.) Staying close to an officer gives you advantages, although I didn't really notice them.

Cons:
1.) Movement feels very stuttery and stiff. Like everything is in slow-motion. Aiming is a bit difficult as well. Hopefully they'll be able to achieve the fluence of RO with Source.
2.) It was quite laggy for me, though it could've been the server.

Overall, pretty good for an alpha. RO players will have an advantage here because it's quite similar in terms of gameplay. But they need to fix the stuttery movement ASAP!
Lol it's not like ROs movement was good.

Upvote 0
Lol it's not like ROs movement was good.

Yes it is. RO's movement is extremely fluent compared to other games. I've said this before. For example, if you're prone and you see a grenade coming, you can quickly get up and dive behind cover. Or moving while leaning, stabilizing your weapon, etc. Although CoD4 has even smoother movement.

hl22008-07-1922-50-07-51.jpg

hl22008-07-1922-24-02-87.jpg

More screenshots in the screenshot thread. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My gawd that was painful!!

Talk about the wrong engine or what?? Most targets were a light blue silhouette...

The 2 stage IS is pointless, as you keep (right clicking in my case) to get the full IS.

Grenade throwing is the most painful aspect I think, as for one the throw distance is waay too short to be of any use.

Cool graphics that ran smoothly but it crashed when I tried mantling.

RO has intuitive realism, but this is just painful! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0