• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Request] Manual Reload Mutator

mooarchanox

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 19, 2010
I have been thinking about this for a while. manually reload your guns instead of letting the game reload for you. I think it will make the game a bit more challenge, something likes "oh crap ! i forget to reload the ^#@%@ gun !" and then wiped out :p

i have tried to make it myself, but .. you know starting from knowing nothing is pretty difficult =,=

anyway, is it possible to do this =,= ?

I have been thinking about this for a while. manually reload your guns instead of letting the game reload for you. I think it will make the game a bit more challenge, something likes "oh crap ! i forget to reload the ^#@%@ gun !" and then wiped out :p

i have tried to make it myself, but .. you know starting from knowing nothing is pretty difficult =,=

anyway, is it possible to do this =,= ?

I'm being very honest with you, i've tried this without a mutator, it's extremely hard. Don't count on a mutator doing this =o
Edit: If you mean when you go to fire it will reload for you or do you mean the hunting shotgun or M79 grenade launcher reload when it fires?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I always manually reload every second there's nothing around, even if I only shot 3 bullets, don't see why this would make the game any more difficult, though I wouldn't mind seeing all those people who never reload even when they have 1 bullet left to die by it. ^.^

I think this could work if you re-produce the "bug" on some custom weapons that do not automatically reload and apply that "bug" to all weapons in the game. Maybe worth a try, don't know too much about the mutator coding.

Upvote 0
Code:
class NoAutoReloadMut extends Mutator;

simulated function PostBeginPlay()
{
local KFWeapon KF;
ForEach DynamicActors(Class'KFWeapon,KF)
{
KF.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False; 
}
}

defaultproperties
{
GroupName="KF-NoAutoReload"
FriendlyName="No Automatic Weapon Reloading"
Description="Makes it so all weapons won't automatically reload if your magazine is empty and you go to fire."
bAlwaysRelevant=True
RemoteRole=ROLE_SimulatedProxy
}

Upvote 0
Code:
class NoAutoReloadMut extends Mutator;

simulated function PostBeginPlay()
{
local KFWeapon KF;
ForEach DynamicActors(Class'KFWeapon,KF)
{
KF.bModeZeroCanDryFire = False; 
}
}

defaultproperties
{
GroupName="KF-NoAutoReload"
FriendlyName="No Automatic Weapon Reloading"
Description="Makes it so all weapons won't automatically reload if your magazine is empty and you go to fire."
bAlwaysRelevant=True
RemoteRole=ROLE_SimulatedProxy
}

A little error in coding but fixed ( ' to close the class). i have tried to compile it and test it out. As a result, it still reload when the mag runs out. =,=

i already try adding it to serverpackges, but given the same result =,=

any further instruction =,= ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0